• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Search results

1. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

I do love that whenever people disagree with my take on something their first response is personal attack or attacking the teams I root for. But that's nutopia for you. It is this wonderful new place isn't it? Between attacking the Pelicans, attacking SBNation writing (Chase, I see you), and...
  2. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

The problem with everything you've typed is Aldridge has been the same player for the past four seasons. His production has remained remarkably constant. Yet the team performance has varied dramatically. His performance in the equation isn't the variable. It's the constant. Yes they nearly...
  3. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Because the NBA stats tool has limitations and I didn't think I'd have to write a thesis to explain that Aldridge had two extremely good games and one poor one. Also because folks here love basic stats like "per game". Specifically Reel said he wondered what Aldridge's stats were if you...
  4. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Even taking out his 8 point game you still have a guy putting up roughly 1.19 points per shot. Not per possession, per shot. 32, 30, 29, 23 points = 114 25, 26, 23, 22 shots = 96 1.1875 points per shot. His entire career he has scored 10901 points on 9150 shots. 1.1913 points per shot...
  5. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

An average which falls directly in line with his entire career of over 600 games.
  6. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

I don't hate Aldridge. I hate a heavy reliance on inefficient shots as the base of an offense. Pointing to Games 1 and 2 like that who Aldridge is is ridiculous because we have 577 games of him that says he's a volume scorer. His team's performance has wildly fluctuated while Aldridge has...
  7. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

In 69 games this season Aldridge averaged 23.2 PPG on 20.6 FGAs. Me pointing out that he's averaging 24.4 PPG on 21.6 FGAs is small sample size theater doe... Yup.
  8. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Take out his first two games. 24.4 PPG on 41.7% FG% http://stats.nba.com/teamPlayers.html?TeamID=1610612757&SeasonType=Playoffs&DateFrom=04%2F25%2F2014 Tell me what you would characterize averaging going 9 for 21.6 from the field night in and out as?
  9. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

I have no idea why Portland is guarding Parker with Lillard at all. That is just asking for a beat down.
  10. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Aldridge with 6 points on 10 shots. Not a chucker or volume scorer doe.
  11. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

I don't see a team in the West that finished above Golden State that wouldn't have if Jackson was a better coach. Portland was absurdly healthy, the only starter that missed a single game was Aldridge who missed 13. To compare... Bogut - Missed 15 plus the entire postseason Iguodala -...
  12. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

I don't think the Clippers are going to take a knee for the entire fourth quarter like Memphis did all series.
  13. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Just 3 turnovers short of he first quadruple double in Game 7 ever.
  14. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Thing is once the game gets in the balance not only does Memphis shut it down on offense, OKC goes from average effort on defense to a swarm of All-Defensive Team players with arms everywhere.
  15. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Memphis trying to take a knee in basketball for 5+ minutes has been mind boggling.
  16. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Serge Ibaka has been guarded by Mike Miller and Jon Leuer. Has 2 points.
  17. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

I don't think the Thunder win if Westbrook turns it over 4 times a quarter.
  18. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

So being suspended or not for game seven seems directly tied to being the higher seed. Paul George, Glen Davis - Nope Z-Bo - Yup And we say the league isn't rigged.
  19. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Or I could state that per minute no one in the entire NBA shot more shots than Aldridge. But some how the guy leading the league in shots while he's out there isn't a chucker... http://bkref.com/tiny/JpNfw
  20. usnfish

2014 NBA Thread

Only used Harden because Mame did. Let's put that 20.6 FGA/G in perspective. Only Carmelo (21.3) and Durant (20.8) attempted more than 20 field goals a game. Heck drop it down to 18 and you only add All Jefferson (18.8) and Kevin Love (18.5). Every single one of those players shot better...