• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Search results

1. TXHusker05

NCAA Defensive Discussion

I'm the reverse, I rarely blitz vs the run and only blitz when I'm trying to make a sack. I like bringing blitzes vs people who go no huddle vs me, especially after a completed pass to set up like a 2nd & 2-6. A lot of people get out of control going tempo and i can time up a blitz off of tempo...
  2. TXHusker05

NCAA Defensive Discussion

I only ever run 2 blitzes, double A gap blitz out of either Nickel Normal or 425 Normal (I have both set up as the only blitzes in the formation so I can quick audible to them) and a SS blitz out of 425 Over. I typically hot route the blitzing LB to a spy when I do that though. I rarely blitz...
  3. TXHusker05

Principles of Pro Style Offenses

I can't think of any that puts TE2 at receiver, outside of the Dual TE packages that put both TEs in the slot in Spread Flex/Spread formations. Why don't you want to put him at TE1? Always put your best receiving tight end at TE1, regardless of his overall ratings. It just works better and it...
  4. TXHusker05

Spread Offense

Pistol Slot Flex Wing is great and I actually use it to create "Army Throwback" in Malzahn's offense. Just flip the formation (if your QB is right handed), hot route the H-back to a wheel and then you can do whatever with the twin receivers. I prefer pivot/dig to sort of combine army...
  5. TXHusker05

Spread Offense

Oh man I could write a dissertation on this topic because I've spent an ungodly number of hours of my life trying to figure out which is best and why and also which I need/don't need. I'll give you a quick breakdown of each off the top of my head and then let you know which I typically use and...
  6. TXHusker05

Offseason

And it has the added benefit of looking the same going out as is does going in.
  7. TXHusker05

Spread Offense

That's the beauty of going of pin & pull. You're still "zone" and you're teaching zone rules and nothing really changes from an ID and communication perspective so you can add pullers without really changing anything. I'd say it is a lot easier going from being zone only to integrating some...
  8. TXHusker05

Gun Normal HB Wk has a killer bubble off of OZ action so if you're looking for bubble, I'd start there for sure. If you want it as a quick audible, you'll probably have to remove every other PA in the formation though. Ace Spread has a draw bubble, bubble, bubble slant combo of plays that...
  9. TXHusker05

Spread Offense

By asking Cam Newton... "Cam, what are your favorite plays from your time at Auburn" and then writing them down. That's ripped straight out of Auburn's playbook from when Cam was there, just dressed a little differently (no receivers play side to crack the first LB, instead it's paired with a...
  10. TXHusker05

Spread-I Offense 2.0

I'm pretty sure you're the only person I've ever seen get curl flat wheel to actually work. I'd love to have that concept and have tried creating it using the fake screen plays in offset but never found much success. I did have success making slant flat wheel which I actually do like but it...
  11. TXHusker05

Bowl Week, next ADV Fri 6pm EST

Yeah that's fine, just make sure you pull Clemson out of the conference so they don't get wrecked. Especially since I won't be recruiting or doing off-season now. Can just plug Texas into my spot and whoever Fonz picks can replace I think Syracuse?
  12. TXHusker05

Yeah with TEs, it is better to just leave them. You can still put them on the WR depth chart and/or formation sub/package them around but moving them officially to WR always seems to cause issues. I assume it is something in the athleticism ratings that ends up taking a hit.
  13. TXHusker05

And another big part of it is the statistics that position group put up in previous years. Higher stats and/or awards = more interest from those positions the following year. The problem there being, if you don't have a tight end, you can't use a tight end to get other tight ends interested. Or...
  14. TXHusker05

I think we are at 12 with Bulgy, if necessary I can just drop out instead of go on auto. I believe @NavyHog is pulling Clemson from the ACC and replacing them with Bulgy's Texas team for this season since I'll be gone.
  15. TXHusker05

I think one of the big revelations I had in my HUNH offense was realizing that by putting TEs in unique places, I could attack the defense in so many different ways without needing a ton of new formations to do it. All I did was formation sub Leggett my athletic TE to the single side WR in Y...
  16. TXHusker05

Fortunately for the rest of you I'm stepping away from what might be my best team ever next year. Clemson is absolutely loaded. I'm pretty sure that championship contender thing has me top 4 each of the next 4 years. I only started 6 seniors this year and some of my best players are just...
  17. TXHusker05

That's a good way to end it. 14-0 with a national championship and 27-1 overall with two ACC Championships, a National Championship and a huge win over long time rival @NavyHog in the ACC Championship as the final user game. I'll be traveling much of next month which means I will miss most or...
  18. TXHusker05

Week 8, Next advance Friday 10pm EST

@bluejay13 I'm going to step down. The game against @Toctsx112311 was going to be my last user game until I the end of the season. I'm going out of town on the 9th and won't be bringing my xbox this time so now is as good of time as any to step down. @Toctsx112311 By the time I finished up...
  19. TXHusker05

Clemson Tigers

Breaking News (Clemson, SC) - In a short press conference, Clemson Head Coach TXHusker has announced that he is stepping down in order to spend time away from football. Former Head Coach and current recruiting coordinator Dabo Swinney has been reinstated as Head Coach, effective immediately...
  20. TXHusker05

Clemson Tigers

Clemson finishes Powerhouse Season Two 14-0 (10-0 in the ACC), winning both the ACC Championship and the National Championship. The youthful Tigers, starting just 6 Seniors, dominated the entire season running their offense at a record pace. Despite two new tailbacks and a mostly new offensive...