• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The 2020 perpetual OFFSEASON THREAD

bruin

EOb0tiLU4AAMtdR

weakest non-conference schedule I can ever remember. Bruins always play at least one of the big boys home/away.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I haven't read the law, but I'd imagine it would be fine for players to sell shirts to a booster like that. The real question is how the NCAA is going to respond to that law.

So they could print 50 shirts and sell them all to a booster for $50K or something? That's the sort of extreme I'm talking about. Is there anything to prevent that from happening, because that's not the intent of the law.

Skeeter

Uber felon
So they could print 50 shirts and sell them all to a booster for $50K or something? That's the sort of extreme I'm talking about. Is there anything to prevent that from happening, because that's not the intent of the law.
As long as they're cool paying taxes on that 50k. But I think you're creating a problem that won't exist. Every school has rich boosters. I think this might give smaller schools a better chance.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
EOb0tiLU4AAMtdR

weakest non-conference schedule I can ever remember. Bruins always play at least one of the big boys home/away.

FTFY.

Also, USC graded at C?

Well sure, 8-5 ain't bad on the whole, but considering the F- they got last year, a C just means you're now in the front seat of the short bus.

Whatever the spread is for the Alabama-USC opener, take Alabama.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hey now Miami doesn't have the worst bad qb to bad school combo in transfer news today:

Feleipe Franks is grad transfering to ARKY!

Brick

man arky and miami are like...two of the worst destinations you could pick. how bad of advice are these schmucks getting? damn

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Eric is obviously a boss, and will probably win 1 or 3 extra games for Miami next year, but I'm curious in a more general sense how smart of an idea it is to take these grad transfer QBs and how it effects the long-term plans of a team. For Wazzu, it worked fine for MINSHEW because GORDO(x3) was waiting in the wings and LEACH is a proven developer. Presumably the same thing will happen with OUDNA, RATTLER will take over for OUDNA pretty easily because Lincoln Riley is a great corch. But what's the plan post-The Eric in Miami? Can Diaz develop QB prospects, or even CURT them in the first place?

I can't imagine it looks great for future CURTS or PORTAL DENIZENS to see the fates of N'Kosi Perry, Jarren WIlliams, or TATHAN when THE ERIC just comes in and swoops a job from all of them (rightfully so both on their lack of talent and The Eric's stockpile of it)

Lightningwar

Administrator
man arky and miami are like...two of the worst destinations you could pick. how bad of advice are these schmucks getting? damn

I'm surprised King didnt join Briles at Arky. Briles as the OC is what catapulted King's numbers. But it sounds like King ran out of options and Miami was the defacto winner. I'm curious to see if he is the QB he was under Briles or what we saw for 4 games this year.