• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

NML

I think it’s the same side + Allison that beat City on the road in the CL last year. I think Klopp is happy to grind a result today, but it’s nice to have the athleticism of Keita and Fabinho on the bench

Laporte is great but it’s quite a risk to play him against Salah’s pace. He’s going to have to sit deeper, which will throw off their build up play a bit (and give TAA more support).

Kyle Walker must’ve fallen off a cliff

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm torn. Want Liverpool to win, because I hate City and like Klopp. On the other hand, I really want City to win so Liverpool don't have a chance to go unbeaten.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I just cant man @bruin @bruin228

7aa

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
More important consequence of this match: City still 2 points clear of Spurs, which means 2 points clear of being worse than Shit.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Liverpool and Spurs Shit don't play again until the end of March at Anfield. They still have to go to United and Everton. City and Spurs Shit don't play until late April at Etihad. They still have to go to United and Crystal Palace, who beat them in Manchester.

Just hope the Reds don't choke against the teams they're supposed to beat.

NML

Yeah they don’t play anyone in the top five on the road. They’ve been so good at Anfield that I think if they do drop points, it’ll be on the road.

City are the better team but I think Liverpool are still slight favorites just based on the four point gap.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
It's adorable that y'all keep on harping about how many points you are ahead of Spurs. I'm not seeing posts about how many points teams are ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal or United. Wonder why that is?

-YTC

NML

@whiteyc_77 I believe it’s because Spurs have become the latest in a long line of hated teams that translate to nutopian schtick

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you Liverpool fans really think you have what it takes to win it all, then you better start tagging the truest fan in ur posts...

I think it is telling y’all haven’t been tagging me. It seems like you don’t truly believe...like you think it is a good run that’ll end in 2nd place. Doubters!

NML

Nasri pooped on Arsenal. Kinda forgot he existed

Why no Ozil? Once Nasri came off and Carroll came on, that game was calling for him. And not even on the bench?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Fulham scored two own goals in the first 23 minutes hahaha

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Nasri pooped on Arsenal. Kinda forgot he existed

Why no Ozil? Once Nasri came off and Carroll came on, that game was calling for him. And not even on the bench?
Fortnite injury still bothering him probably

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Disappointing result, but I left far more disappointed in United's performance.

All I heard leading in was how things were different now with Mou gone. Now the players are "having fun" and playing "attacking football." Then, at the first sight of a team that isn't a minnow, they immediately revert to playing the most Mourinho game that ever Mourinho-ed. Spurs completely vacated the midfield all game long (and especially once Sissoko got hurt) and I still couldn't tell if it was United or Burnley that was playing.

-YTC

NML

That’s such a lazy comparison to make

Jose teams are notorious for making games ugly. They don’t play expansive regardless of the opponent. He needs hard working players at at least nine spots and requires everyone to focus on the defensive rather than encouraging freedom from his players.

Ole has done the opposite over the first few matches. Even here, ManU didn’t sit in a shell and with two banks of four and just pump long balls. Rather, they played without natural wingers and pinched narrow, forcing Eriksen and Lamela to beat them with a cross (which is not a strength of either). That’s why I thought the Llorente sub was great. I still thought ManU played good football in possession. Pogba was the best field player by miles.

The reality is that you beat Spurs by setting a mid to low block and allow their fullbacks to push on. The big thing for me was Lingard sliding wide when Spurs were in possession so that the fullbacks didn’t get overloaded. Rashford sat higher and just found space, which is how they scored. Spurs CBs are great on the ball and 1v1 in tight positions, but they aren’t pacey. I was kind of surprised to not see Sanchez since they were facing Martial and Rashford.

I think it’s too common to see Team X have more possession and shots and people say “well Team Y parked the bus and didn’t try and play.” Why would you try and out possession a team like Spurs? That’s just being naive to the strengths and weaknesses of both teams.

Jose teams score a penalty against Burnley at home in the fourth minute and his midfielders don’t see the other penalty box the rest of the match.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Disappointing result, but I left far more disappointed in United's performance.

All I heard leading in was how things were different now with Mou gone. Now the players are "having fun" and playing "attacking football." Then, at the first sight of a team that isn't a minnow, they immediately revert to playing the most Mourinho game that ever Mourinho-ed. Spurs completely vacated the midfield all game long (and especially once Sissoko got hurt) and I still couldn't tell if it was United or Burnley that was playing.

-YTC

I would be more disappointed in Spurs' inability to shoot at anything but the exact center of the goal. De Gea was great, but Spurs kept shooting basically right at him:

Maybe try shooting it away from the goalie?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm just saying that it's not good that Spurs created the best 5, or more, chances of the game, but Lloris made the best save of the game (on that Pogba chip).

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
The vast majority of my comment had nothing to do with Spurs.

Yet, you've made it about Spurs. HMMMMMM

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Deflecting like a de gea save!

Deflecting from what? I acknowledged that it was a disappointing result. Of course, I would have loved to seen more clinical finishing. I also believe that type of performance produces 2 or more goals against most other PL sides.

None of that has anything to do with my original statement.

But I guess Spurs be all in ur heads these days.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Bielsa pulled out a powerpoint presentation on the weaknesses in Derby's tactics in response to the spying allegations

Reactions: NML

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Couldn't watch. I'm assuming he scored some Gallas style goal off his face or crotch?

NML

Someone on Spurs learned how to finish!

I’ve watched quite a bit of Fulham because I always cheer for them. I think Babel adds a bit they’ve been missing, someone who can take the top off the defense since Sessegnon hasn’t quite found his form from last season. They have a lot more quality than ur average side battling relegation