• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Grinch was pretty clearly brought to OSU with the idea that Schiano would leave for a head corching position. The thing I would be worried about is that he coached OSU's safeties, who were terrible all year.
Schiano was supposedly gonna be the Patriots DC this season too before turning it down, so bringing Grinch in made sense. I guess Schiano is gonna stick around with Day at this point though.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Uhh he sucks dude. I’m sure the best corch of all time was just dying for him.
I'm starting to worry thattyou're delusional . He took Rutgers. One of the worst college football teams ever and made them competitive .Got them ranked in the top 25 multiple times and took them to 6 bowl games winning 5. He also absolutely kills it on the recruiting trail.

But yeah he totally sucks.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
20 fucking years ago. His defense sucked ass this year and he got fired from Tampa for being a world class asshole.

He still hasn’t gotten hired anywhere even though his agent is shopping him anywhere and everywhere and leaking fake stories to Feldman. But yeah he’s awesome.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
20 fucking years ago. His defense sucked ass this year and he got fired from Tampa for being a world class asshole.

He still hasn’t gotten hired anywhere even though his agent is shopping him anywhere and everywhere and leaking fake stories to Feldman. But yeah he’s awesome.

And has worked for a known child diddler and a head coach willing to cover up domestic abuse. And his NFL HC tenure was marred with a massive MRSA outbreak that went unchecked. I’m sure schools and NFL teams are calling him hourly.

CJ_24

And has worked for a known child diddler and a head coach willing to cover up domestic abuse. And his NFL HC tenure was marred with a massive MRSA outbreak that went unchecked. I’m sure schools and NFL teams are calling him hourly.

Turned down just as many offers as Gregg Williams.

Skeeter

Uber felon

20. Or 7 .but yeah whatever fits your narrative .

Did the defense suck this year? Sure. Is that because schiano forgot how to coach or because they have lost every db and lb with experience to the NFL the last 3 years?

Last year osu was 15 in defense.

Linking him to PSU is tenuous at best. If you want to argue he's a low character guy..fine I can't say otherwise. But to pretend he is a bad coach just because your team embarrassed themselves on a national coach search is just sticking your head in the sand.

That prewitt guy looks like a major upgrade though. Good luck with that .

Skeeter

Uber felon
Belecheck certainly known as a high class high character guy . He probably would avoid someone like schiano. Ducklaugh.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm starting to worry thattyou're delusional . He took Rutgers. One of the worst college football teams ever and made them competitive .Got them ranked in the top 25 multiple times and took them to 6 bowl games winning 5. He also absolutely kills it on the recruiting trail.

But yeah he totally sucks.

Y'know, I was doubting how Schiano's ability would translate to the NFL, but when I take this into account, he's probably the best corch Beeeelacheck could get!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
20. Or 7 .but yeah whatever fits your narrative .

Did the defense suck this year? Sure. Is that because schiano forgot how to coach or because they have lost every db and lb with experience to the NFL the last 3 years?

Last year osu was 15 in defense.

Linking him to PSU is tenuous at best. If you want to argue he's a low character guy..fine I can't say otherwise. But to pretend he is a bad coach just because your team embarrassed themselves on a national coach search is just sticking your head in the sand.

That prewitt guy looks like a major upgrade though. Good luck with that .
My team didn’t embarrass theirselfs by not hiring Schiano. They embarrass theirselfs on the field. I acted like he was a bad corch long before the volnation twitter uprising. Why would I be embarrassed of that? I’m proud of it. It kept that shitheel away.

Pruitt at least has 1 team that wanted him as a head corch! Better than Schiano.

Skeeter

Uber felon
His defenses have gotten worse every year, including 40th in scoring defense and 65th in YPP this year with top tier talent. He's an amazing corch who should receive tons of offers. You're just delusional!

If his defense sucks next year with almost everyone back, then I'll worry.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Prolly proud not to hire a corch who gave up 55 to a Kirk Ferentz team despite having NASHNUL talent at every position

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The only people who are mad about it are tosu fans. Every other fan base agrees he sucks and would do the same thing if they were able to.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If his defense sucks next year with almost everyone back, then I'll worry.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/3/17928026/ohio-state-defense-greg-schiano

By the way, this was written before he got destroyed by a sub .500 Purdon't team and a Maryland team with their backup QB

giphy.gif

PSUEagle

I'm surprised he wasn't previously hired earlier this cycle (or last year). He must be horrible at interviewing or something.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Yeah Troy has to be pissed. They almost made it through another carousel with him. They have a solid program though so they should be alright going forward

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

anOSU found one of the few people out there who is a downgrade from Schiano.

giphy.gif

Michigan twitter is upset, but I don't get it. Mattison is a fine DL coach, but he's at best decent as a defensive coordinator. If he's going to OSU to be co-DC, good luck with that.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Michigan twitter is upset, but I don't get it. Mattison is a fine DL coach, but he's at best decent as a defensive coordinator. If he's going to OSU to be co-DC, good luck with that.

I don't get it either. His last and, probably, only good year as a DC was in '97 with Woodson...a once in a generation talent.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I know Michigan fans are perpetually stuck in the 90s, but yeah, he’s had good defenses since then