• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Are you from PD looking for evidence on @brick, sir? The Miami Hurricanes Thread aka Baseless Rumors Corner

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I responded to that. All you had to do was say things that were demonstrably untrue. But then instead of admitting you were being a troll, you tried to say that you didn't really mean what you said. Which is just another lie.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Derp. Somehow I don't think the troll who says this 7-6 abortion was "the only successful season since Coker" should be taken seriously in this thread.

I very obviously conditioned my tepid support for this hire on the alternatives being mentioned and said repeatedly that I would prefer an offensive coach.

The fact that you are always unhappy with everything is because you're too invested in this meaningless shit. It's just a game. If we make a bad hire then we suck for a couple years and hire someone else. Who cares?

I'm sorry your shitty phil steele career didn't work out for you.
@Mr. Radpants

Ah I see I am in Iowa.

Turns out 7-6 is Miami’s best season since Coker

Last edited:

Brick

I responded to that. All you had to do was say things that were demonstrably untrue. But then instead of admitting you were being a troll, you tried to say that you didn't really mean what you said. Which is just another lie.
fine. you are right. looking back, i will concede now to avoid any further embarassment. i did mean that 7-6 was the best season since coker. i thought it would be a strong argument.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Was anyone really surprised someone came to the state of Florida to retire?

Next thing you know Richt will probably shoot someone over loud music and get off on a claim self defense!

GuyIncognito

In terms of finding people who know how to throw the ball that would work for Miami for peanuts, I'll vote for Graham Harrell.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I keep hearing Tee Martin wants to be OC. Is he any good, (for a former Trojan that is, @bruin @bruin228), @BasinBictory ?

@Yankee151

He's fucking horrible.

It should have been a pretty good indicator of his quality (or utter lack thereof) when, after back to back 10-win seasons at USC, and "developing" a Top-3 NFL draft pick QB, that Tee Martin was on NOBODY'S short list of head coaching candidates (or NFL OC jerbs). I thought for sure that Tennessee, which has been in the doldrums for well over a decade now, would have called a favorite native son home to help restore some glory to the program as a coach that he brought as a player. They certainly would have if they thought he even had a clue of how to run a program.

However, those 10-win seasons were in spite of him (and Gomer Pyle, USC HC) and more on the special talents of guys like Sam Darnold, Ronald Jones, Juju Smith-Shuster, and Adoree Jackson.

In a season where he had to work in a lot of youngsters and a true frosh QB, it was apparent that he had less of an idea how to run an offense than my dog has of doing calculus. The offense was utterly incompetent against anything resembling a halfway decent defense, and relied on their ridiculous speed and athleticism to get by against lesser opponents.

Tl;dr version -

No lol.

GuyIncognito

OU just showed everyone the blueprint for succeeding when you only have half a coaching staff, and it ain't playing top notch defense and hoping you can force 4 turnovers a game and win 17 to 13.

Miami has too much talent at the skill positions to be this inept, and I spent my youth watching Leach and his acolytes light up scoreboards with much less talent than Miami fields on an annual basis.

It's just inexcusable that we can't figure this out.

GuyIncognito

In Leach's entire tenure at Tech, he had what? three NFL caliber receivers (Welker, Amendola, Crabtree)? I can't even think of any NFL-caliber QBs, RBs, or TEs that went through there. And then a smattering of NFL linemen.

It's just the system.

GuyIncognito

49212709_1624849897614637_5344126273385922560_n.png

Lightningwar

Administrator
Sounds like Dugans is out as well. Hope the Noles pick him up and take our WR coach off the field and into an off field position.

Keith1212

Manny Diaz is apparently going to be live on ESPN in a minute or two. Probably not worth watching but just in case someone wants to see

Craig7835

I see Tee Martin is interested in the OC position at Miami. Honestly, he needs to get more seasoning on learning to how to run an offense

Last edited:

CJ_24

I saw Quarterman decided to return. A decade ago, I would have been all about that. Now, I think it would have been better for his future to enter the NFL Draft. I hope he stays healthy next year.

Brick

what would you expect a progrum to do that has such limited resources to pay for a coordinator pool?not like they could afford a $4M buyout for a guy who had never been a head coach. u don't understand. LOX