• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I believe the rule is they can only register him I'd he didn't play. Add pulisic played in the champs league he would be tied. But would be eligible to play in Europa League fire Chelsea, etc.
No they can play him in CL. This rule is new this year. The only thing is you can only register 3 new players going into the knockout stages.

Haji Wright played entire second half for Schalke yesterday. Scored but was ruled just offside. Another American in Germany...

NML

Haji and McKennie started up top together today - that’s got to be a first in history. Another first is an American assisting a goal for another American - Wright got his first.

Schalke are struggling though despite going through in the CL.

Novakovich also had a great match as it looks like Fortuna is going to the quarterfinals of the Dutch club. I really like his game and hope he gets more of a run with the NT

NML

Camp Cupcake roster

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 1/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 5/0), Tyler Miller (LAFC; 0/0),
Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (10): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 2/0), Greg Garza (FC Cincinnati; 10/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 0/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Keegan Rosenberry (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 4/1)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 23/2), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 17/2), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 142/17), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 6/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 5/1), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 5/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 11/0)

FORWARDS (3): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; 0/0), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 0/0), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 40/6)

Ten defenders with a combined 18 caps

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Reggie Cannon? Russel Canouse? Cory Baird? Auston Trusty?

These guys sound like they come from a poorly coded prospect generator algorithm.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Steffen is on the roster? When does he go to Man City?

Interesting that Bradley is on there but Jozy isn't. No Guzan, either, which seems strange. He's probably the #2 or #3 keeper for a couple of years still.

NML

Steffen is on the roster? When does he go to Man City?

Interesting that Bradley is on there but Jozy isn't. No Guzan, either, which seems strange. He's probably the #2 or #3 keeper for a couple of years still.

Guzan probably wasn’t released because of CONCACAF Champions League. That happened with a couple people last year. They also just finished their season two weeks ago so this would take away almost their whole offseason.

Jozy had surgery in November so he’s probably not fully fit. I feel like I saw somewhere that he’s actually “in” camp but not playing, but I may be making that up.

NML

Pulisic to Chelsea confirmed. Stays with Dortmund until end of the year

25th most expensive transfer of all time

NML

Fulham, Huddersfield interested in Zardes

giphy.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Their scouting teams need some kind of intervention.

NML

Acosta cut from camp. Amazing how much he has fallen off in 18 months

Djordje? That desperate for attacking midfielders?

Interestingly enough, he’s been everyone’s “big surprise out of camp” so far. I think he has a skill set that doesn’t exist elsewhere in this pool. I ultimately think McKennie becomes our #10 but he drives at the defense versus picking out a pass.

NML

Every time I watch Novakovich, I’m impressed. I still think Jozy is the best forward we have, but even though Wood has fallen off we still have other good options in him and Sargent.

Weah has scored twice in two substitute appearances for Celtic too

NML

Tyler Adams starting for RB Leipzig at noon. Crazy since he joined like fifteen days ago

Also the US plays tonight!

NML

Zardes
Baird - Mihailovic - Roldan - Ebobisse
Bradley
Lima - Long - Zimmerman - Lovitz
Steffen

What a strange starting 11. Guys like Cannon, Trapp, and Arriola who I figured were locks aren’t on the field. Baird? Lovitz?

Edit: expected attendance is 7k. Yikes

Last edited:

NML

Ebobisse playing winger is the weirdest one to me to me. He’s got a Zardes touch, Zusi speed, and six beers and two rips @GatorTD crossing.

NML

That he managed to get 19 goals out of Zardes in one season is the best argument I’ve seen for Berhalter

NML

My guess is Zimmerman or Mihailovic will get the MOTM plaudits, but Bradley was the best player on the field by some margin. He was the only player who could consistently complete a pass to break a panama line and he started about 70% of all our useful attacks.

Scoreline flatters the US. Didn’t create much for most of the game, but didn’t allow anything either.

It was nice to see them play with a defined style, even if it’s not necessarily the most effective for our player pool. Berhalter is detail oriented and it showed - players knew the shape and their roles. I thought a ton of our possession was without purpose, but that’s okay at the national level. When you have to play five games in fourteen days, being able to pass the ball along ur backline for six minutes is useful.

Only players that I think have value this cycle are Bradley and Steffen. Zimmerman and maybe Lewis could be fringe guys. Quality was really bad tonight.

NML

No Bradley has me not confident for this game. I expect long spells on just passing it around the back with no direction offensively

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I expect a half dozen chunked efforts from Roldan.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Adams for RBL :eek:

WAtched this on replay this mroing a little. Honestly didn't know what he looked like. Was wondering who #14 was. Best player on the field by far.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Zardes first touch is still so fucking bad.

Reactions: NML

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Crc isn't closing us down and we're STILL playing it sideways or back. Ffs.

Reactions: NML

NML

WAtched this on replay this mroing a little. Honestly didn't know what he looked like. Was wondering who #14 was. Best player on the field by far.

Yeah I was surprised he went basically straight into the starting 11, but he’s played so well. He’s controlled both games (which have admittedly been against poor teams)

But this is rough. Arriola is our best player which is saying a lot. Yet again we have no one who can break a line with a pass and only one player who can take someone on 1v1

Get this Lovitz dude out of here. I’ll take the corpse of Demarcus Beasley over him. Not at all impressed with Baird. Lots of dude with decent touches but no end product

and Zardes

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Baird with a yard on the crc cb and easily gets run down lol. Remember when our players were at least fast?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This lletget guy is kinda legit

And he just scored.

NML

Lewis has the been the breakout player for me. You’ve got Weah and Pulisic who fit that “pacey, good 1v1 winger” mold but there’s not much outside that. Arriola is probably the next closest? Duane Holmes has played well for Lampard at Derby but I haven’t seen enough to say for sure.

This midfield though... I see what Berhalter likes but yeesh there’s a lack of quality there

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What a finish from Arriola. A thing I never thought I'd say.

NML

People who I want to see/will see again: Bradley, Steffen, Arriola

Want to see/won’t: Lewis, Lletget

Don’t want to see/will: Zardes, Lima, Roldan, Lovitz

NML

In some actual US quality, Weah came in at 0-0 in the 75th minute and promptly got an assist and scored a goal

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That first touch on the long ball is literally the polar opposite of Zardes