• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-19 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Well, Barcelona is starting most of their 2nd team. If Tottenham can’t beat them, they don’t deserve to advance.

Excited to see Arthur and Alena start though.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This TNT coverage is so bad. They aren't even using a play by play commentator. It's 2 color guys and one of them is Holden. Yuck.

bruin

it's mind boggling (bottling) with the sources and $$$ Turner have they can't even get the UCL right.

and the app sucks.

I mean, if I'm able to stream a fight between two Japanese flyweights from Thailand picture perfect I should be able to get a decent stream from Bleacher report.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The app is total shit. Worst I've ever used for sports and it's not close.

Holden carrying the game is embarrassing.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Holden calling it CAMP NOW killing me.

Steve Nash is actually pretty good, it's just weird to not have someone clearly being PBP if you're going to have 2 in the box.

Gimme Jon Champion by himself any day.

NML

Me when Alisson made that save

giphy.gif

Snorky's Shame

So I imagine that’s how Spurs TV would sound like.

Barcelona did their part. It’s Internazionale’s own damn fault they didn’t advance.

Not a good night for Serie A at all.

doh

Biggest match in Amsterdam since....? @Snorky's Shame @goblue96

Winners pot: Dortmund, Barca, PSG, Porto, Real, (probably) Man City, Juve
2nd place pot: Athletico, Spurs, Liverpool, Schalke, Roma, (probably) Lyon, Man U

So Ajax needs to win to have a chance in the Round of 16.

NML

I think Ajax was a little too aggressive, too soon. Can’t open yourself up on the counter to a team as good as Bayern for 90 minutes. Especially with Gnabry on a wing. Tagliafico should’ve stayed deeper all match and focused the build up down the right and through the middle.

I like the idea of Tadic centrally since any Ajax player is going to get destroyed physically against Boateng and Sule. And the build up play has worked because of his technical ability.

I think the seven non-legitimate shouts that they made for a PK hurt the chances of getting the legitimate one on de Ligt on the corner.

This Bayern back line isn’t particularly good on the ball so they should focus more on the high press, which created their best chances in the first half.

doh

Best 45' I can remember watching.

Insane swings, two straight reds, five goals... Disappointed Ajax had a chance and couldn't close it out but god damn that was entertaining.

Snorky's Shame

Pots for Monday’s draw:

Pot 1:

Barcelona
Bayern
Dortmund
Juventus
Manchester City
Paris
Porto
Real Madrid

Pot 2:

Ajax
Atletico
Liverpool
Lyon
Manchester United
Roma
Schalke
Tottenham

Poor Schalke, they’re going to get one of Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester City, Paris or Real Madrid.

The Super League is already happening. 14 of the teams are from the big five leagues and the other two are from the two biggest leagues outside the big five historically and have 6 European Cup/Champions League titles between them.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This Arsenal/Qarabag game strikes me as largely pointless. Neither team really look like they want to be there. Qarabag have all 11 not only inside their own half but all seemingly within 20 yards of the box.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Vidal and Alexis are Chile's two best players of all time and led them to multiple Copa Americas and good showings in World Cups, and now they are just both memes, one because of salary, one because of his vices

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

Fuck, I think Atletico would've been the best. Cholo could've had Pulisic be our Jermaine Jones random yellow card per match replacement in no time.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Draw

Schalke v Manchester City
Atletico v Juventus
Manchester United v Paris
Tottenham v Dortmund
Lyon v Barcelona
Roma v Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Bayern

Europa League Draw

Plzen v Dinamo Zagreb
Brugge v Salzburg
Rapid Wien v Internazionale
Slavia Prague v Genk
Krasnodar v Leverkusen
Zurich v Napoli
Malmo v Chelsea
Shakhtar v Frankfurt
Celtic v Valencia
Rennes v Betis
Olympiacos v Dynamo Kyiv
Lazio v Sevilla
Fenerbahce v Zenit
Sporting v Villarreal
BATE v Arsenal
Galatasaray v Benfica

Teams left in Europe:

Spain - 7
England - 6
Germany - 5
Italy - 5
France - 3
Portugal - 3
Austria - 2
Belgium - 2
Czech Republic - 2
Russia - 2
Turkey - 2
Ukraine - 2
Belarus - 1
Croatia - 1
Greece - 1
Netherlands - 1
Scotland - 1
Sweden - 1
Switzerland - 1

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

If Messi had put away that chance Suarez set up, it would have been 7-1 at Camp Nou as well. Sevilla is a much different team on the road, can’t think of another team that is that bipolar home vs. away,

Juventus got knocked out as well.

Snorky's Shame

Copa del Rey semifinals:

Betis - Valencia
Barcelona- Real Madrid

I don’t think either side wanted two more Clasico’s. This is Barcelona’s run the next few weeks.

Valencia
Real Madrid (cup)
at Athletic
Valladolid
at Lyon (UCL)
at Sevilla
at Real Madrid (cup)
at Real Madrid
Rayo
Lyon (UCL)
at Betis

Time to test the squad depth.

NML

Why did I think UEFA was staggering these kick off times? I‘ll never understand why they don’t, just feels like wasted TV revenue

I think in like high school Fox soccer use to delay one of the matches and it made for an awesome afternoon (back when it was really easy to not accidentally see a score)

Today initially looked really bleak for games but ManU/PSG should be competitive. I’d have to think if Ole gets top four and advances in the CL it’s his job

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yep can confirm that they used to stagger them. It was called Fox Soccer World or something. I used to watch them in 2004 in my apartment between classes. It's actually the only reason I got into soccer more than just the world cup.

bruin

Fox Soccer channel owned.

Turner with all those dough, you'd think they throw on some games on TBS..

Kate Abdo :Tongue: