• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Greg Schiano has prior HC experience

giphy.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Gruden will redeem himself when he uses the amari pick to take MINSHEW and trades Carr for another 1st

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bruin

Intrigued where Colorado is going to go. First and foremost I’d call Dino Babers. Played at Hawaii. Knows the west coast coaching at HERMano U, Arizona, SDSU, UCLA. Are they willing to pay? Honestly don’t have a clue.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Intrigued where Colorado is going to go. First and foremost I’d call Dino Babers. Played at Hawaii. Knows the west coast coaching at HERMano U, Arizona, SDSU, UCLA. Are they willing to pay? Honestly don’t have a clue.

They'll do something stupid like hiring Vance Joseph once he gets fired from the Broncos. HE MIGHT BE PETE CAROLL! :laughing: :laughing:

Babers would be a smart move for them. They already have some, if not most, of the personnel they need to run the air raid. Leach would honestly be a good fit for Colorado, if he shut his mouth about politics, but that's never going to happen.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Some quick googling says he makes $2.4 million at Cuse

CU can beat that, but I don’t know if by enough

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
For the conference’s sake, it needs to be a good hire.

Just don’t go and hire like fucking Kiffin or something.

View attachment 7027

Don't get your hopes up. Colorado hires since they Bill McCartney retired:
  • Rick Neuheisel: decent record, but dirty and left quickly
  • Gary Barnett: okay record, probably got fired because of the sex scandal
  • Dan Hawkins: looked like a good idea at the time, but ended up terrible
  • Jon Embree: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
  • Mike MacIntyre: one winning year, turns out one good year at SJSU doesn't mean that much

Barnett and Hawkins were probably the best ideas at the time, but man, that's not a good track record. Barnett is the only one who had any reasonable success.

NML

Saw Dana suggested for CU. Seems like a backwards move if anything for him, but it might be best for both parties for him to go elsewhere

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Any of these guys I’d be happy with (not saying how realistic they’d be):

Babers
Matt Wells, USU HC
Jeff Tedford, Fresno HC
Jimmy Lake, UDub DC
Seth Littrell, UNT HC
Neal Brown, Troy HC
Bryan Harsin, Boise HC
Dave Clawson, WF HC
Dana

Guys that would make me want to kill myself and are for some reason being brought up on CU’s SB Nation site:

Tee Martin
BERT

Thepro_23

Texas State is a sleeping giant in the Sun Belt. They need to knock this hire out of the park. With that being said, I compiled of a list of guys they should interview:
Sonny Cumbie (TCU OC)
Chad Glasgow (TCU DC)
Todd Graham
Kendall Briles (Houston OC)
Cale Gundy (OU OC)
Jake Spavital (WVU OC)
KC Keeler (SFA HC)

If USC fires Helton then I think they hire Jack Del Rio.

Purdue will probably go with an up and coming HC if (and when) Brohm leaves but they could go after the Steelers OC (Fmr Purdue QB and assistant) or Brock Spack (Illinois State HC, DC at Purdue for 12 years).

Colorado should hire Matt Wells, if they can pluck him away. If not, they might look at Bryan Harsin or Chuck Pagano.

If Lance Leipold leaves, Buffalo should hire Colgate’s HC.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Reading on twitter that SOURCEZZZ are saying that USC is interested in James Franklin.

Would hate to see that happen. The longer Franklin is at Penn State - without Joe Moorhead, to be fair - the better!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Reading on twitter that SOURCEZZZ are saying that USC is interested in James Franklin.

Would hate to see that happen. The longer Franklin is at Penn State - without Joe Moorhead, to be fair - the better!

Another CORCH CROOT who sucks at game management? Sounds good to me! 3-12 against OSU, MSU, and Michigan, with one of those wins being a complete fluke

Just read a SOURCEZZZZ report that Helton is coming back, though, so...

giphy.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
At this point, I think Condoleezza Rice would be welcomed with open arms at Heritage Hall.

Helton returning for another year seems like the most plausible scenario. I think Lynn Swann has basically been told that he's a figurehead with no real power. I could be wrong, but it feels like the University leadership has put football not just on the back burner, but in a Tupperware and into the fridge.

Notre Dame could beat us 77-0 and Helton would likely be retained, only because there's no reasonably attainable good candidate to replace him right now.

If they did fire Helton after the impending massacre, we'd likely get Hue Jackson or Jack Del Rio.

Kill me, Pete!

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
At this point, I think Condoleezza Rice would be welcomed with open arms at Heritage Hall.

Helton returning for another year seems like the most plausible scenario. I think Lynn Swann has basically been told that he's a figurehead with no real power. I could be wrong, but it feels like the University leadership has put football not just on the back burner, but in a Tupperware and into the fridge.

Notre Dame could beat us 77-0 and Helton would likely be retained, only because there's no reasonably attainable good candidate to replace him right now.

If they did fire Helton after the impending massacre, we'd likely get Hue Jackson or Jack Del Rio.

Kill me, Pete!
I kinda feel exactly the same about Rutgers, except I think any reasonably attainable candidate would be better than Ash

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
If Brian Kelly has any brains at all he'll call off the dogs and make sure he only wins by 10-14 points. He gets the W for the playoffs and he gets to keep Clay Helton around as his punching bag.

Sadly, I think this may also take place....:(