• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 19

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm selling off everything I opened that doesn't fit and then building a starter squad that will also complete one of the SBC challenges. I'll play with them until they are out of contracts and then turn them in to complete the SBC.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm not playing because this is a total fucking waste of time for rubes

NML

I'm not playing because this is a total fucking waste of time for rubes

giphy.gif

I got nothing from my loyalty packs. Started on the hybrid nations SBC. The sixes one was junk but didn’t require any golds, so it was almost free to do. The eight one cost me about 2k but I packed a Moussa Dembele which is going for around 13k

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I'm going to trog out on this then burn out by January and drink myself to death for wasting my life on this. Then repeat next year. Lets get started SBC was crap but got me through 10 minutes of work today. Did the dumb bronze upgrades for an untradeable, hopefully using shit leagues that don't have an SBC I'd be interested in. Got Remy, Fajr? Some other garbage.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Genuinely not a trap. Shit just sucks. I'm an adult. Ain't got time for that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm convinced that EA has a NOT SO RANDOM luck generator list and they throw anyone suspected of selling coins on it. NML always opening good packs in the beginning while I get non rares :laughing:

Every single one of my rares in the loyalty packs was bronze.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I opened enough fuckshit to buy a starter team that will complete one of the SBCs. My strategy was to use the cheap Ligue1 players at positions where players from other leagues were too expensive. Even with that technique there was still a block at RW, so I moved a RM into that spot and but a RB in the RM spot. I could probably use another CM there as well, but that RB is an untradeable starter pack dude so I would like to swap him in.

In game I'll sub in some more ligue 1 french players and use a Pogba Loan player at CM as well. This formation looks terrible too, but a PROFIT SQUAD to start the game should be fun for grinding out some squad battles or something while I get used to the game. I'll just play them until they are out of contracts and then submit them. I paid less than 5k for the squad total and the pack reward is a 15k pack. Packs usually aren't worth it, but at 1/3rd the cost it MIGHT be a good decision, but probably not since I'm on the naughty list.

44827971361_4bcd86d1cb_b.jpg

chibob

Yep. Also have a Timo Werner IF which will cop me quite a bit

I got all mine from ur mom if you know what I mean and I think you do

Any recommendable players to flip?

I did Jordan Lukaku and Younes Balhanda for a bit, but the progress has been slow.

NML

Any recommendable players to flip?

I did Jordan Lukaku and Younes Balhanda for a bit, but the progress has been slow.

Didn’t flip, just did SBCs. Start small with ones you can do with almost only loyalty pack players, and progress from there. Don’t use solutions you find online. Focus on non-rare golds when there’s not a minimum amount of rares

Need to spend some time selling everyone but I imagine I’ve got around 125k + Manolas at this point. Then I’ll have to look at flipping strategies

NML

Yeah I haven’t had much luck flipping either. I’m about 45k away from being able to snag Hamsik and Immobile to fill out my first squad.

Sold Timo IF basically right away and got a lot of these guys pretty cheap. Just about everyone has doubled in value since

CCDB65AE-2BA3-4507-B0D5-347C55DEF86B.png

Value is just under 200k

chibob

I've been terrible at flipping so far. What methods are you using?

Find low profile players with good stats etc. Or weak foot/skills combos eg. 4*/4*

Younes Belhanda has been working for me, pick him up for less than 1000 coins and sell for 1100/1200. It’s small profit margins so you need to do it in bulk. Buy 10k coins worth of a player who goes on BID for less than 1000 then sell him on BIN for 1200 (with a start price of 1100)

I did it with RVP last year and got my way to 100k coins

chibob

Yeah I haven’t had much luck flipping either. I’m about 45k away from being able to snag Hamsik and Immobile to fill out my first squad.

Sold Timo IF basically right away and got a lot of these guys pretty cheap. Just about everyone has doubled in value since

View attachment 6612

I haven’t even started on a squad yet.

Usually I do a cheap BPL and then add to it over the season.

I might run a cheap Bundesliga team or a possible Serie A

NML

Investing in players is a good call right now. Everyone is going to continue to shoot up over the next week.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend just sitting on your coins

chibob

Investing in players is a good call right now. Everyone is going to continue to shoot up over the next week.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend just sitting on your coins

Who are you picking up to hold? Iv seen that Depay is price fixed and expected to go up on release

NML

Who are you picking up to hold? Iv seen that Depay is price fixed and expected to go up on release

Anybody who will be on Weekend League squads. They are going to see 2-3 times value once people actually have coins. PS4 values are going to shoot up a ton starting Monday night once people start getting the game. Just not a ton of coins out there right now

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
In addition to any weekend league type players (I'd stick with 83+ OVR as their supply is still going to be relatively low due to pack rarity), Week 1 in forms are always the best investment if you can afford them. The supply is forever tiny because not many people are opening packs until they can buy them with the full release. Coins are also limited right now as NML mentioned.

What that means is SUPPLY is fixed (once they are out of packs forever on wed) and COMMAND increases greatly with the influx of coins/liquidity brought by people earning coins from gameplay or putting in real $

What I'd avoid is buying into hype on any non-rare gold or 78 OVR or lower rare When people get the game and start buying packs, supply on those guys increases a ton and they start trending down toward discard value over the next month or two.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Find low profile players with good stats etc. Or weak foot/skills combos eg. 4*/4*

Younes Belhanda has been working for me, pick him up for less than 1000 coins and sell for 1100/1200. It’s small profit margins so you need to do it in bulk. Buy 10k coins worth of a player who goes on BID for less than 1000 then sell him on BIN for 1200 (with a start price of 1100)

I did it with RVP last year and got my way to 100k coins
Cool, I did this last year but I guess I just haven't found that good player this year to start with.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So I’m just messing around with the app, but it says I can’t transfer until I play on the console. Anyone else have that issue?

NML

So I’m just messing around with the app, but it says I can’t transfer until I play on the console. Anyone else have that issue?

Strange. Sometimes it can be glitchy if you quit out of a game, but obviously that hasn’t happened yet. If ur on the web app, try the phone one, or vice versa, and see if that works

NML

IIRC you have to play FUT on the previous version to get access early other than opening packs. There might even be like a six month window where you had to play

That’s all I can come up with. Otherwise it’s just being glitchy

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gotcha. I just signed into FUT on 18 and it looks like I didn’t even play a game, just opened packs or whatever. I thought I at least played a few games each year, but I guess not haha.

Reactions: NML

NML

Not sure how to feel about this fifa yet. Has the potential to be great but the past two years their first patch has basically reverted it back to FIFA 17, and I imagine that’ll happen again.

Took out the extremely OP low driven, and just made finesse shots the way to go. Don’t really understand the purpose of the timed finishing. It seems like IF you use it and IF you time it well, it’ll be a near guaranteed goal. But you don’t have to use it. It’s a weird feature

Some nice visual changes: wider view on goal kicks, timer during extra time, the icons on the radar are now two different shapes.

As of now, pace isn’t as big of a factor as in the past. There’s a much bigger penalty for dribbling with the ball. Which would be awesome...... if they don’t patch it

ebarws6

stAy
19 is going to take a little while to get used to, it feels so different. I got the email to do the beta about a month ago so I already have some experience, but I seem to be having the same troubles as a lot of the people I'm playing. Having to unlearn the automatic double tap for low driven when in front of the goal is still kinda hard haha

I'm happy that pace is less of a factor now, and hopefully players like Kroos are actually useable this year

Just packed an Azpi and Son from the advanced sbcs, trying to figure out what way I wanna take my team

NML

Who else got this? It’s so awesome pooping on these kids who only have twink speedsters. A target man is a legit strategy this year and Higuain just destroys.

chibob

Who else got this? It’s so awesome pooping on these kids who only have twink speedsters. A target man is a legit strategy this year and Higuain just destroys.

Not tried him yet, but iv heard Zlats a beast. Shame hes in the MLS

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Got a KOULIBALY in one of my weekly packs, building a new team around some cheapo Serie A players

Reactions: NML

NML

Got a KOULIBALY in one of my weekly packs, building a new team around some cheapo Serie A players

He’s awesome. I wanted to get his IF because it will hold value super well but didn’t quite make it

I use Kolarov - who’s also a good choice because he might get an IF - and Khedira who are both pretty cheap for how good they are. Mandzukic was okay while I had him, and he’s another who might get an IF.

Here’s the whole squad

BB9BF661-16A8-4844-90A2-D06CBB11590B.png

Only upgrades I’d like are Higuan’s OTW, which I’ll try and snag next Sunday during squad battle rewards release, and Koulibaly to pair with Manolas (but he’s not a big enough upgrade for his price).

We are huge and strong - everyone is 6’ or over except Cuadrado who is 5’10” and not really any other option there. Higuan sits in front of the back line as our outlet and we build up slow, with occasional runs behind from our wingers.

Only teams im struggling with are super high pressure teams with wingers, since the ping pong passing doesn’t work anymore. When they are narrow, I just play wide and accordion the game, but if they match up with a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 I’m passing the ball right to them too often.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I've been going with whatever, but only have like 5 games in. Right now I'm using this which I have made to finish up the hybrid nations SBC.

Attachments

• team.PNG
    team.PNG
    865.4 KB · Views: 7

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
What the F happened to penalties in this game?

Haven't played a FIFA game in years, but picked up '19 on Sunday when I was walking through Target because my kids said they wanted to play it. Man, am I rusty. I've played 2 or 3 games on my own, and happened to draw 2 penalties.

Both times, the aiming arrow sort of flickered and then disappeared. And both times I barely aimed the stick down and left. I was aiming for a low shot maybe halfway between center and the left goal post. But both missed wide by a country mile. Did they change something in the last few years with regard to how to take penalties?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think the change was between 16 and 17, try doing one of the easy challenges to get used to the new system. You basically hold it for a second then let go, but its easier to learn with the indicators on

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
  • Awful lot of ping-pong defensive tactics this year. I like the random bounces, but it comes at the expense of flow, IMO
  • Why on earth would you re-map buttons for no reason whatsoever?
  • Is it even possible to aim a goal kick in the old way?

I felt like the WC DLC from last summer was the apex of this series. Is TURKEYS still a thing?

NML

Haven’t played much this past week, but I did qualify for the weekend league so I’ll be giving that a shot. My team is good and I’ve been playing solid, but I’ve grown to hate the meta of this year.

7E9B7F8F-B7F3-4A86-86EE-C1E02497434C.png