• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Bdub

Braves hit 2 home runs on the first 2 pitches of the game. Don't think I have ever seen that before.
Acuna has hit 5 home runs in 5 games in a row and lead off with a home run in the last 3 games.

Bdub

Marlins hit Acuna on the first pitch of the game so he can't hit another homer. What a classy team the Marlins are.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
In a terrific encapsulation of the Nats season, I just watched Juan Soto get thrown out at 2nd on a double. Because he started his slide about 3 feet from the base and hit it so hard he popped off it while the tag was applied, lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Shut out 3 games in a row, wow they are garbo

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Baseball Statisticians Unveil New Analytics Model Measuring Precise Amount Of Joy They Suck From The Game

PHOENIX—Saying the breakthrough would change baseball statistics forever, the Society Of American Baseball Research unveiled a new analytics model Friday that measures the precise amount of joy their work sucks from the game. “For years, we’ve wondered exactly how much fun we drain from baseball, but finally, by combining the models from advanced statistics like OPS+ and BABIP, we were able to pinpoint the exact degree to which sabermetrics have turned America’s pastime into a miserable experience for casual and diehard fans alike,” said statistician and model co-developer Bill James, explaining that the model was capable of calculating a fan’s enjoyment down to the third decimal point, and measures the minute-by-minute fluctuations as they are bombarded with precisie, joyless stats like WAR and wRC+. “This model can pinpoint the exact moment in which baseball goes from an exciting spectator sport to a numbing slog, devoid of all mystery and drama. Best of all, with this new measurement, statisticians can see their precise performance and fine tune their cold, dispassionate analysis to maximise joy loss.” At press time, the statisticians had unveiled a new statistic to determine how much comparative joy loss a stat provided against a baseline generic joy loss stat.

https://sports.theonion.com/baseball-statisticians-unveil-new-analytics-model-measu-1828577747

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Baseball Statisticians Unveil New Analytics Model Measuring Precise Amount Of Joy They Suck From The Game

PHOENIX—Saying the breakthrough would change baseball statistics forever, the Society Of American Baseball Research unveiled a new analytics model Friday that measures the precise amount of joy their work sucks from the game. “For years, we’ve wondered exactly how much fun we drain from baseball, but finally, by combining the models from advanced statistics like OPS+ and BABIP, we were able to pinpoint the exact degree to which sabermetrics have turned America’s pastime into a miserable experience for casual and diehard fans alike,” said statistician and model co-developer Bill James, explaining that the model was capable of calculating a fan’s enjoyment down to the third decimal point, and measures the minute-by-minute fluctuations as they are bombarded with precisie, joyless stats like WAR and wRC+. “This model can pinpoint the exact moment in which baseball goes from an exciting spectator sport to a numbing slog, devoid of all mystery and drama. Best of all, with this new measurement, statisticians can see their precise performance and fine tune their cold, dispassionate analysis to maximise joy loss.” At press time, the statisticians had unveiled a new statistic to determine how much comparative joy loss a stat provided against a baseline generic joy loss stat.

https://sports.theonion.com/baseball-statisticians-unveil-new-analytics-model-measu-1828577747

It only now occurs to me that this would have been the perfect career for New_CJ had he not decided to be a lawyer.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
https://sports.theonion.com/shohei-ohtani-regrets-not-researching-which-teams-were-1828835846

ANAHEIM, CA—Kicking himself for not considering the potential consequences of his hasty career decision, Shohei Ohtani told reporters Wednesday that he regrets not researching which teams were good prior to signing with the Los Angeles Angels. “Man, looking back, I definitely should have done a quick Google search for ‘good major league baseball teams’ or something like that, because this is a major waste of my talent,” said the Japanese baseball phenom who, despite being enthusiastically courted by several other MLB teams, decided to sign with the Angels after just assuming they were probably good since they are a big-market team. “This was just laziness on my part, and now I’m gonna regret this for a while. I mean, I’m in the prime of my career, I could have signed with anyone I wanted. At the very least, I should have asked someone, ‘Hey, are the Angels good or bad?’” Ohtani also told reporters that more disappointing than anything was discovering he was actually going to play in some shitty town called Anaheim instead of Los Angeles.

evil1

Trevor Story last night

giphy.gif

NML

Some glorious Barves action last night

Blew a 7-1 lead in the 8th! Get one back in the bottom of the inning to take a 8-7 lead. Give up a two run homer to the corpse of Brandon Phillips in the 9th to lose 9-8

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
And didn't lose any ground in the standings because the Phillies continue to trip over their own dick.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't think the 505 foot one was the one that left the building. It was the one he hit while falling down on the swing. Vlad Guerrero-esque.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Ah yeah I guess the 505 one just hit the concourse area while that other one was in the right spot to go into the parking lot

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, it was fun while it lasted. Realistically, they're probably going to need a run like they had in 2007 from this point on to make the playoffs.