• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

chibob

The amount of chronically injured players at Arsenal over the years is crazy.

I wonder if now Wenger is gone this will change.

There must be something he does within training or some other area which causes/caused reoccurence of injuries.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The amount of chronically injured players at Arsenal over the years is crazy.

I wonder if now Wenger is gone this will change.

There must be something he does within training or some other area which causes/caused reoccurence of injuries.

I think it's been happening more since the sabermetrics guys came in. They analyse players, and either the fact that they're injury prone doesn't register or they think it's worth the risk. Wenger, apparently had some dodgy training methods too, but I reckon we actually sign more injury prone players than most.

chibob

I think it's been happening more since the sabermetrics guys came in. They analyse players, and either the fact that they're injury prone doesn't register or they think it's worth the risk. Wenger, apparently had some dodgy training methods too, but I reckon we actually sign more injury prone players than most.

I think possibly pre sabremetrics you had a long run of brilliant players who just could never stay fit or would have one great season and then flame out with injury.

I cant recall all the names but some that come to mind are; Hleb, Eduardo, Ljungberg, Arshavin, Diaby, Debuchy, Arteta, Sagna, Rosicky .

Danny Welbeck is also a good example, never picked up injuries at United and now seems incapable of staying fit at Arsenal.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Golovin to Chelsea. Wish he could've come to City, but Mahrez will have to do to satisfy my yearly winger obession

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think possibly pre sabremetrics you had a long run of brilliant players who just could never stay fit or would have one great season and then flame out with injury.

I cant recall all the names but some that come to mind are; Hleb, Eduardo, Ljungberg, Arshavin, Diaby, Debuchy, Arteta, Sagna, Rosicky .

Danny Welbeck is also a good example, never picked up injuries at United and now seems incapable of staying fit at Arsenal.

From 2014 - https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...d-training-methods-as-cause-for-injury-crisis

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think he is coming along as a trialist to advertise hisself for other teams. Wouldn't mind him as 3rd keeper if he wanted it, but can probably still play for a Championship team.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss most, if not all the season. :crying:

But, Liverpool did spend a record amount of squigglies on a keeper they scored seven on in two games, so things are looking up! :thumbsup:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Recent Liverpool signing Fabinho already trying to lure Mbappe to the Reds after this season, which I'm sure will happen now that Liverpool actually wants to spend money. IT'S HAPPENING

NML

Why would I lie about that? Who in America would be impressed by that?

I’m also never wrong about anything

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Let's all be happy for one another please. Now go Gunners, and fuck all the rest of you fucking bastards.

tumblr_nso53lvPsG1qcaj1no3_500.gif

NML

:laughing: you must be so triggered that my soccer career was infinitely better than yours

Pick any amount, don’t pussy out now. Only restriction is you can’t pick an amount so high that you would just leave utopia

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Spurs probably have a better squad, but its Spurs so they will finish 4th at best. Chelsea have the best player in the league in Golovin, but I don't know how Sarri will do, generally it takes a year for managers to get used to PL. Burnley, Arsenal, Everton, Wolves, Newcastle all aren't touching Top 3. So I still think Pool will finish 3rd, but wouldn't be shocked if it's City/United-United/City-Chelsea-Pool

chibob

I hate to lay out my resume as a brag, but

Division 1 player
About 60% of my college was paid for
College coach

That 9th tier reserve team you played on was good too I’m sure

U srs? They were runners up in Europe

Hahahahahah? A brag?!

This is nothing to brag about. I know plenty of lads who went the US route because no one would give them a YT. Its the ones who can’t admit they’ve failed.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Shows how much attention I paid to Liverpool I guess. Last time I looked they were mid-table haha. Just hard to believe they are relevant.

NML

Oh my god I’m done

You want to criticize and mock all this shit, at least have the sack to man up and make the bet

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Shows how much attention I paid to Liverpool I guess. Last time I looked they were mid-table haha. Just hard to believe they are relevant.

Yeah it's been a while, but they've qualified for the CL two years in a row and made the Final last year, and they're starting to actually spend money. I don't think top 4 is that far-fetched.

chibob

Oh my god I’m done

You want to criticize and mock all this shit, at least have the sack to man up and make the bet

I was happy to make the statement that Liverpool wouldn’t make top 4. Something they haven’t done since 2013/14.

You are the one who decided he would call me out on it.

Now you’re butt hurt at your own delusion of having a career in soccer because you played Division 1...what does that even mean? NCAA Division 1, so you didn’t even get a contract? Or paid? Get the fuck out of here. That’s not a career.