• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Is it certain LeBron leaves? It seems to make more sense to blow up the roster again. Where is he going to go? Philly is not really that great of a fit and it doesn't really seem like he fits in with Houston alongside Paul and Harden (aren't they both high usage?). I don't see anywhere he would go unless he's going to go to the Suns or Kings for shits and giggles. Kyle Wagner said he would like to see him go to the Spurs, which would be awesome, but I don't see that happening.

Maybe RUSS will go to the Cavs and all the OKC fans will overdose on opioids in their trailers. RUSS and BAKER both in Cleveland would make that city the ultimate shithole.

Tailback U

This was the least fun warriors championship for me. 2015 was my favorite cuz they kinda car out of nowhere and Steph was unreal and they all played so fast tigetger.

Combo of the Cavs being shitty and the warriors not having to play great team ball like they had to in the past to win because they are so talented.

Nonetheless, they battled through injuries and struggled at times to find chemistry but their resilience was admirable. Coming back from a 12 pt deficit against Houston in a game 7 isn’t easy.

Also, Boston and Philly were both better than the cavs and would have given the warriors a much better challenge but Celts shit the bed against LeBron.

Here’s to what should be a really fun offseason.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Is it certain LeBron leaves? It seems to make more sense to blow up the roster again. Where is he going to go? Philly is not really that great of a fit and it doesn't really seem like he fits in with Houston alongside Paul and Harden (aren't they both high usage?). I don't see anywhere he would go unless he's going to go to the Suns or Kings for shits and giggles. Kyle Wagner said he would like to see him go to the Spurs, which would be awesome, but I don't see that happening.

Maybe RUSS will go to the Cavs and all the OKC fans will overdose on opioids in their trailers. RUSS and BAKER both in Cleveland would make that city the ultimate shithole.

giphy.gif

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Nah man. Like I said, I am team Lebron. After he retires, I prolly won't watch another NBA game until the next phenom emerges.

I saw several of their games against San Antonio and OKC when they had Gasol, DBo, Tony Allen, Conley etc. They were pretty good, but it wasn't like it was must see TV for me. If it was on in a bar or there was nothing else on, I would watch, but basketball just doesn't do it for me. Plus, Memphis and Nashville have some sort of hate for each other. They hate our sports teams and we hate their's. They mad that we got the NFL team.

Memphis is just a day's drive from NO... welcome to the Saints

evil1

I am getting a little tired of hearing about LeBron's supporting cast.

Yes, Lebron's teammates this year were nowhere near being championship caliber. But virtually every other star player in NBA history has had to go through a brief rebuilding period where their team was only good enough for the first round of the playoffs or so. For 7 out of the last 8 years, LeBron has been able to avoid rebuilding years by hand picking his team through free agency and teaming up with at least two other all star players. For 7 out of the last 8 years, LeBron has probably had more overall talent from his supporting cast than any other single superstar with the exception of Kevin Durant.

evil1

Just when I thought evil was gonna post something reasonable he rolls out two fried chicken breasts with cheese in the middle.

Do you disagree? Hearing people complain now about LeBron's lack of a supporting cast would be like Durant complaining about not having a strong enough supporting cast to win the 2020 NBA Finals.

However, I think Sayo may be correct. People usually bring this up when defending LeBron's Finals record or his supposed lack of a clutch gene. A stupid response to stupid criticisms.

Brick

the finals is WHEN IT COUNTS tho. Like when 5-3 college football teams win the fake conference championships!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sayo

YEET
I don't mind goat debates if you're talking about players you've actually seen play (lol at Bill Russell/Wilt) and you don't use ringzzz as your main argument.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Do you disagree? Hearing people complain now about LeBron's lack of a supporting cast would be like Durant complaining about not having a strong enough supporting cast to win the 2020 NBA Finals.

However, I think Sayo may be correct. People usually bring this up when defending LeBron's Finals record or his supposed lack of a clutch gene. A stupid response to stupid criticisms.
Yeah I disagree because stats don’t lie.

2007 Cavs swept by the Spurs no James Jones. 2011-2014 Lebron and James Jones teammates in Miami. 2015-2017 Lebron and James Jones teammates in Cleveland. 2018 Cavs swept by GSW no James Jones.

Tailback U

That they've been able to stick together says a lot about the Warriors team/organization.

For as great as LeBron is, he has had some great players on his team but for one reason or they can't seem to stick together. He deserves all the credit in the world for making it to the finals 8 times in a row, but all of his championships were won with all-stars around him.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I don't believe that there's a grand conspiracy, but it's rather interesting that the (arguably) most talented squad we've seen in our lifetime, also appears to have an inordinate number of things break their way. Between Love and Irving being hurt in 2015, to Kawhi being "accidentally" hurt by Pachulia in 2017, to Chris Paul being out in games 6 and 7 in a series they were losing, to some breaks in officiating in this series, to JR Smith's maneuver...

It's fascinating for sure.

-YTC

Oh, another to add to the list, nearly trading for Dwight Howard and getting Iguodala instead. Also, what if DeAndre Jordan takes the Warriors' offer in 2011?

Interesting stuff.

-YTC

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The way the Cavs rolled over in Game 4 was pretty fucking pathetic. My opaque ERZZZZ friend said LeJuan not a real leader because of it! Kobe dickriders are really sensitive.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
so ya'll think him going west has actual legs?

i just cant see it

its not guaranteed he would even get out the conference finals in the West imo

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I just wonder how much longer he can perform at his current level. All I need is one good year from him, though, preferably without Lonzos dad being involved in any way whatsoever.

Lakers get a lot of the multi-franchise greats for a period (Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Samaki Walker, etc), so lebron is a nice fit, plus he can certainly set up his post-nba career better in LA than just about anywhere, and he has Magic as a resource, which is nice