• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
One morning in spring training, 2017, Ichiro was in the coaches' room looking at his cell phone text messages. Ichiro told the coaches about one message he had just received from a number he didn't recognize. The guy said he'd gotten Ichiro's number from Alex Rodriguez, and that he wanted to come meet him and study his stretching system.
"What's the guy's name?" asked one of the coaches.
Ichiro strolled to the end of the text. "Some guy named Tom Brady. Who the fuck is Tom Brady?"

:laughing::laughing:This is the most Ichiro thing ever.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Good job, Mets. @Rutgers Mike

https://deadspin.com/the-mets-didnt-bat-in-order-and-its-a-miracle-they-can-1825891949

Asdrúbal Cabrera gave the Mets their first hit of the game today with a ground-rule double to shallow left field, which allowed Jay Bruce the chance to bring him home. However, as soon as Bruce stepped to the plate, he was called out, stranding Cabrera and ending the inning. It seems Mets manager Mickey Callaway submitted an incorrect lineup card that had Cabrera hitting second and Wilmer Flores hitting third, which meant that the team batted out of order.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I lold

https://sports.theonion.com/mark-mcgwire-claims-he-would-have-hit-70-home-runs-with-1825894894

SAN DIEGO—Insisting that it only played a minor role in helping him break the single-season home run record, Mark McGwire claimed Wednesday that he could have hit 70 home runs even without the help of a bat. “People act like it was the only reason I was able to belt all those home runs, but deep down, I know I could have hit just as well without a bat,” said McGwire, noting that he only used a bat to keep up with all the other hitters in the 90s who were using them and that he regrets using a bat because he feels it has distracted from his natural ability as a hitter. “Using a bat doesn’t help you hit a baseball. Home runs require extraordinary hand-eye coordination, physical strength, and timing, and I had all that. A bat can’t give you the reflexes to hit a home run—bats just give you a little extra boost to emphasize the skill you already have.” McGuire also maintained that the only reason he started using bats in the first place was because of an injury during the 1990 season.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
W4EjlHu.jpg

Reactions: NML

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Cano hit by pitch in today's game. Broke his 5th metacarpal in right hand. Looking like he will be out 6-8 weeks, minimum.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuuuuuucck.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Sounds like he was taking a diuretic (Furosemide).

edit: it stops the body from absorbing water which causes you to pee more. This dilutes the urine and helps to hide any PEDs that may be in your system.

Last edited:

NML

This is great for the Mariners, right? Wasn't he hurt already? Now he gets suspended without pay. I think they are going to save $11 million

ZackMills

Have mercy
This is great for the Mariners, right? Wasn't he hurt already? Now he gets suspended without pay. I think they are going to save $11 million

Only $120M left to pay an aging middle infielder who can't (er, shouldn't) cheat anymore!

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Two things. First, I think it’s dumb as shit MLB players get tested in the off-season and then finally get the suspension 40-50 games into the season. And B. I don’t like how there’s a “suspension list” to make the roster spot available.

You really wanna fuck someone up and punish them? Make them lose the active roster spot for those 80 games. It would be a shitshow but it would be a good anti-ped incentive for teams to push.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If you are old as fuck just be like Victor and play DH and get thrown out at first from left field

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Tigers are an amazingly entertaining bad team.

Bdub

MLB has such a shitty replay system. Multiple times I have seen guys sliding into home called out because they can't tell if they touched home plate from their awful camera angles. Of course you can't tell if someone touched a flat base from their overhead shot, 200 feet above the field. Either improve it or get rid of it.