• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

sayo

YEET
when steph got switched onto Harden, harden was licking his chops

he took him to the rim at will

I dont think Houston expected guys like Mooney to be able to just keep harden in front and not bite on his pump fakes to get fouls.

Mooney was really impressive in that regard
Steph did a good job of preventing that switch. There were too many possessions that ended with the switch finally coming with less than 7 or 8 seconds for him to even do anything.

sayo

YEET
That the Rockets offense is predicated on Harden pump faking and drawing fouls is reason enough for me to watch no games of this series.
Both teams just switch everything so you aren't getting the prettiest basketball. It's interesting how GS still gets good action with slips and off ball stuff. Houston just stands around.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
That the Rockets offense is predicated on Harden pump faking and drawing fouls is reason enough for me to watch no games of this series.
indeed

he was on early tho, but once they werent falling for his crossovers, it was just dribble, dribble, dribble, contested shot at the end of the shot clock

MSUFanatic

Both teams just switch everything so you aren't getting the prettiest basketball. It's interesting how GS still gets good action with slips and off ball stuff. Houston just stands around.

I mean look at the 4th quarter when the game was still closer at around 10 pts. Golden State was continuously getting WIDE open looks while Houston had to work for every shot. It's impossible to defend against 4 truly 'l33t' players who are also super unselfish.

sayo

YEET
I mean look at the 4th quarter when the game was still closer at around 10 pts. Golden State was continuously getting WIDE open looks while Houston had to work for every shot. It's impossible to defend against 4 truly 'l33t' players who are also super unselfish.
Yeah, I'll also add that GS is just generally more disciplined on defense. Harden was awful last night off the ball. Klay got 15 3s up and they all seemed like good looks. What's the point of switching if you do that?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Either seems fine with me to complement Booker and Jackson. Could see the connection for both (Ayton with Arizona, Dongcic with the new Corch and balkan roots)

NML

I can’t believe LeBron is on the bench right now. Teams down 2-0 come back like 5% of the time, so it’s kind of the season here AND they’re off until Saturday.

EDIT: Woof, and now just two timeouts left. Hurt 76ers in game five

DOUBLE EDIT WAIT HES NOT BACK IN?!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Let's just get to the draft already so I can see where TRAE goes and immediately become a fan of that team.

I look forward to your Moose fandom if the hometown hero Mikal Bridges is off the board by #10.

2) Trae Young, Oklahoma, Guard
You are no doubt familiar with the 6-2, 180-pound dynamo and the 20.2 shots per game he averaged in his one season with the Sooners. Young shot .360 on a mind-boggling 10.3 three-point attempts per game, but he has an excellent handle (8.7 assists per game) and has Curry-like quickness. The pace and space of the NBA game play directly to his skill set. There are plenty of questions about his size, defensive fortitude, and ability to finish in traffic. But he has elite tools with his quickness and handle, and a potentially elite tool with his shot. That’s good value at No. 10.

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...-michael-porter-jr-zhaire-smith-20180515.html

NML

DdSkm0uVQAU5y4c

Reel

Community Liaison
Would NO be better off spending that money on a quality wing or two rather than another center?

this is my question to all of the people who suggest this

where does this quality wing exist? They arent just out there in FA, and if you trade for them, at what cost to the rest of the roster?

i dont say this to sound argumentative or anything so please dont take it that way, but i just dont see how losing boogie fixes their wing situation to possibly overpay someone just to fill a wing

they dont have any picks this year and even if they did, there isnt anyone who was going to be where they would've picked that couldve come in and made a significant impact

NML

I was looking at their salaries, but I've completely lost track of why because I can't look past them paying the corpse of Emeka Okafor $2.5m next year

GR8 2 B FL G8R

We haven't had a decent wing since Aminu. Would need KD to jump ship to us in order to beat the Dubs anyway so what the fuck does it matter. Dubs pooped on basketball.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

where does this quality wing exist? They arent just out there in FA, and if you trade for them, at what cost to the rest of the roster?

i dont say this to sound argumentative or anything so please dont take it that way, but i just dont see how losing boogie fixes their wing situation to possibly overpay someone just to fill a wing

they dont have any picks this year and even if they did, there isnt anyone who was going to be where they would've picked that couldve come in and made a significant impact

LeJuan to NO

Reel

Community Liaison
I was looking at their salaries, but I've completely lost track of why because I can't look past them paying the corpse of Emeka Okafor $2.5m next year
maybe not, but Okafor played surprisingly well down the stretch this season. He didnt get any burn for the playoffs and thats probably b/c of matchups, but his impact was felt immediately.

If he isnt with NOLA next season, i hope a team picks him back up.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Dominique Wilkins is like the only dude to come back from an Achilles injury and have a decent post-injury career.

Boogie gonna be the next Oliver Miller

Reel

Community Liaison
Dominique Wilkins is like the only dude to come back from an Achilles injury and have a decent post-injury career.

Boogie gonna be the next Oliver Miller
i honestly dont remember b/c i not the biggest Kobe fan, but how was his play after he came back?

MSUFanatic

i honestly dont remember b/c i not the biggest Kobe fan, but how was his play after he came back?

I mean he was alright but he was 34 when he tore it. He only played 6 games the year after, 35, and then 66. Cousins is only 27 tough to compare the two.

evil1

You might be right. Paul George may be the only available wing player that I would pick over Boogie.

Tailback U

I would love for somebody to go back and count the number of times Curry has been on the floor over the last two games. Especially last night. Homeboy needs to get some gainz.