• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
My god look at these gems:

The “legit contender to GSW” comment

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

Isaiah Thomas.

-YTC

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My god look at these gems:

The “legit contender to GSW” comment

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

I stand by the "they're better off" comment. Although I think eating Kanter's contract would have been a better idea, the PG trade was amazing. I had no idea who Melo was now. I thought he'd be at least Knicks Melo.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
At the time of the trade the consensus was even if it didn't work out, it was still worth the extra 10 million spent next year on the wasted roster spot to take the chance a one year shot with Melo as the 3rd piece.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
The question now is who is OKC going to get to replace Melo as the starting 4? Would suck to waste another year of the RUSS-George tandem, plus you never know know if Adams can stay healthy for a whole year.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Maybe. Wouldn't blame him if he doesn't, but until he says he's gone I'm assuming he's staying. If he does leave, then yeah, move the team back to Seattle.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
His PTO is for 20 million, and the max salary starts at 30 million. Its literally a 100% guarantee hes opting out.

Wherever he signs he'll get that max. The only thing OKC can offer is a 5th year and a 8% jump. Anyone else, like LAL, can offer him 4 years and 5% jump per year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If the man with two first names does not leave I'll question his sanity. I question RUSS for signing early unless he just really loves OKC and wants to be there anyway. Pushoff P should go to the Sixers on a one year max to replace Reddick

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If the man with two first names does not leave I'll question his sanity. I question RUSS for signing early unless he just really loves OKC and wants to be there anyway. Pushoff P should go to the Sixers on a one year max to replace Reddick
No way the Sixers do that, would be too risky for their future!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's so weird to me that this thread spawns more arguments and hate than any other thread. Nothing stirs up less emotion in me than the NBA.

I'm the same way with the NFL, CFB and NHL, plus the main people arguing in here have been the same for years and we know which buttons to push to rile the others at this point.

NML

So what happened with the TWolves? I only watched maybe four or five games this year but I was not impressed with Wiggins. I read something recently about how offensive minded big men are becoming obsolete in the NBA and KAT was the main example. Couldn’t believe Houston dropped 50 on a Thibs team in one quarter.

NML

Also, this schedule is awful for anyone other than a C’s/Bucks fan. Four games tonight (although they aren’t staggered well) and one tomorrow - and it’s that way until the first round is done.

Celtics could easily blow the last two games, but I think a Philly/C’s series would be great. Horford vs Process is a cool matchup, and I’m interested to see what Stevens does with Simmons.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
So what happened with the TWolves? I only watched maybe four or five games this year but I was not impressed with Wiggins. I read something recently about how offensive minded big men are becoming obsolete in the NBA and KAT was the main example. Couldn’t believe Houston dropped 50 on a Thibs team in one quarter.
Wiggins doesn’t know how to play as a second or third option, KAT is the worst help defender and PNR defender I’ve ever seen in my life, and there are games where no other than Butler and Crawford get more than 10 shots all game.

NML

It’s tough that all of their moves made sense and it still didn’t work out. Like adding Butler should have taken some of the offensive load of Wiggins and he should have become more consistent and efficient. Having Thibs as his coach should have helped Town’s defensive development. Adding Butler should have made them a better defensive team.

And none of that happened

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also, this schedule is awful for anyone other than a C’s/Bucks fan. Four games tonight (although they aren’t staggered well) and one tomorrow - and it’s that way until the first round is done.

Celtics could easily blow the last two games, but I think a Philly/C’s series would be great. Horford vs Process is a cool matchup, and I’m interested to see what Stevens does with Simmons.

Plus Kat can't score in the post. Charles and Shaq were clowning him the first 2 games because he kept taking fadeaways even if a guard was on him