• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I think the contract with Nike says that teams will be changing up their alternates every year (not 100% sure), but I'd be fine if Utah made these ones permanent. One of my favorite alternates ever. And yeah, it's gr8 how they got the crowd shirts to match up.

sayo

YEET

Bdub

The Jazz have spent their whole existence having mostly terrible unis. Glad they finally created a good one. This one and their original green ones are my favorite.

Bdub

I really love this concept as well.
c4486f86f4ab268ccf1b323c4dd89813.jpg

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Pelicans is an awful team name lol.
Pelicans advance to the next round sounds pretty good to me though

Or

Pelicans complete the sweep of the blazers also rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

Sorry Sayo.

I love you, but I'ma just talk my shit a lil bit

Hate it had to be you

Reel

Community Liaison
Don't worry brick

I probably have just another 4 games left to spam the thread

I'll make sure to@you to all the fuck sits

Brick

Tunes in for FUN NBA game.

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP YA HANDS
WOMP WOMP DEFENSE WOMP WOMP
LET ME SEE YA CLAP UR HANDS CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP YA HANDS
LETS GO ________
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP YA HANDS

whiteguynothankyou.jpg
doloressuicide.gif

NML

This year doesn’t matter outside of the young guys and my god those shots from Brown and Tatum late. They gon be so good

NML

Because they are missing their best two players, three of their top six, and four of their top ten. It’d be like the Pels without Boogie, AD, Rondo, and Etauwn Moore

The east is garbage, but this B+ team can’t hang. They might get past the Deer but they are awful too. It’s great for the development of Brown, Tatum, and Rozier though.

Brick

Can't wait for the terrible bizarro Canzano Burneko article tomorrow on Deadspin. "The Wizards did try basketball thingz".

Reel

Community Liaison
Because they are missing their best two players, three of their top six, and four of their top ten. It’d be like the Pels without Boogie, AD, Rondo, and Etauwn Moore

The east is garbage, but this B+ team can’t hang. They might get past the Deer but they are awful too. It’s great for the development of Brown, Tatum, and Rozier though.
O I C

NML

Haven’t watched any of the Wizards/Raptors series, but I just read a story about how Ty Lawson was playing in China on the 11th, had his first practice with the Wiz on the 13th, didn’t play game one, then played 31 MINUTES in game two.

Scott Brooks, ladies and gentlemen

NML

Combined 55 from Tatum and Brown is second most all time between teammates under 22 - KD and RUSS had 56 once.

Also, where are the anti-PROCESS guys? How does Hinkie not have another job yet?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
They've already confirmed that these will be returning next year.

Someone made a dope concept of a blue version tho.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62707295/2019-Nike-Utah-Jazz-Concept-City-Kits

I like the idea there. I think there could be something great to that.

I absolutely love the City uniforms. I'm glad it will be back next year.

The stories are that there was one based on honeybees and beehives, which is a huge part of the state logo and motto and such. I would expect something based on that to be next. If they can keep it up, I'm excited for everything they try.

That arena looked incredible last night. And while the yellow is fine, I agree the green needs to return.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
All The Wizards Did Was Heat Up

Close enough, by a colleague. Man they need an editor whose sole job is to write column titles. This shit is so bad.

The worst part is it's actually true. And it was again yesterday (Beal was 5/7 from 3). Their half court offense is putrid. Give it to Wall or Beal and watch them go to work. On the occasion Porter gets it doing something other than standing in the corner he makes shit happen, too.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Combined 55 from Tatum and Brown is second most all time between teammates under 22 - KD and RUSS had 56 once.

Also, where are the anti-PROCESS guys? How does Hinkie not have another job yet?

The process hasn't accomplished anything yet. A first round playoff victory isn't exactly a success story. The future does look promising though.

evil1

Because the process supporters (including Hinke himself) still don't appear to understand what Hinke did that was correct (i.e., those things that actually lead to the 76ers success) and what Hinke did that was meaningless or counterproductive.

Here is what I say should be the foundation of a rebuilding effort:
1) have a stable coaching staff
2) commit your organization's resources so you can to draft good players with all of your draft picks
3) have your organization be fully committed to developing your young players

Here is what Hinke supporters believe is the lynch pin for rebuilding a franchise: purposely tank several seasons in a row. However, the tanking strategy doesn't work unless you also do items 1-3 above. If you do items 1-3 above, you will likely be successful even if you don't tank.

NML

Because the process supporters (including Hinke himself) still don't appear to understand what Hinke did that was correct (i.e., those things that actually lead to the 76ers success) and what Hinke did that was meaningless or counterproductive.

Here is what I say should be the foundation of a rebuilding effort:
1) have a stable coaching staff
2) commit your organization's resources so you can to draft good players with all of your draft picks
3) have your organization be fully committed to developing your young players

Here is what Hinke supporters believe is the lynch pin for rebuilding a franchise: purposely tank several seasons in a row. However, the tanking strategy doesn't work unless you also do items 1-3 above. If you do items 1-3 above, you will likely be successful even if you don't tank.

As a caveat to 1, I'll say that you need a good and stable coaching staff that understands and buys into the process. And for two, I think it's less about only drafting good players with ur draft picks but rather getting value for your resources. But otherwise I agree with those three points

Now what did Hinkie do that was against those three things?

Reel

Community Liaison
well he also had the benefit of doing it in a sports rich town that appeared to support the team regardless of the record

you couldnt pull that off in too many cities before the people just said fuck this, im not coming to the games anymore