• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

A Vote for America -- The Buffalo Murricans Story

Favorite Buffalo Player of All time (of All time?

• Total voters

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Knights of The Round Inter-metropolis Hyperloop
2/23/2072

Lloyd had become insufferable in the recent years. Following a new breakthrough in Artificial Intelligence, his penchant for Droid women soon became a penchant for the virtual. You know the saying, don't defecate where you eat? Lloyd came to me last year desiring we place Otto, our virtual assistant, with his new AI wife, Ottelie. In truth, the two were a perfect match. Both sardonic. The verbal sparring matches were, in truth, an art form. Never the less, our 3-person staff became one-sided at time. Not because the two agreed, but beacuse they always disagreed and I was the tiebreaker. Gillelland left the scouting staff a couple years ago to raise his family on Tranquility, which reminded me of Sarah and the girls. In truth, I couldn't be prouder of them. Marisa moved from Europa to Triton, where she's heading up research on Ice Volcanoes, which is way cooler than it even sounds here. Kasey and her husband are raising what is a rather large family on Titan -- apparently the Methane gets people breeding faster than most other colonies. If only they'd return my calls...

GAL-NET RECORDING 2309872 -- Long Island, New York

USER YANKEE151 CONNECTED
USER LLOYD CARR CONNECTED
USER OTTELIEx980 CONNECTED
USER JAUGS12 CONNECTED
USER KINGP3P CONNECTED
USER ENQLEGEND CONNECTED

GN: Users YC, P3P, and JAUG exit three hyperloop pods. Nearby, overlooking the Atlantic coast, a couple appears to be arguing while a stoic foreigner smokes a cigar on the balcony

OTT: "You are insufficient for our team! All you want to do is live out the glory days, and according to my calculations, that is not good enough!"

LC: "My dear, there is nothing, nothing I say! Wrong with the glory days! Why, you should've seen me. Back then you had to work to have a body like mine! I was a champion and everyone knew it."

OTT: "Yes, and my calculations estimate that, were you born two decades prior, you would have an 80% probability of early death, by disease of the heart, or of the venereal variety."

LC: "And you would not have met me my dear!! Thus is the fate we are living out. This is what life is about. A beautiful view, and my favorite people."

ENQ: "Your favorite people are your AI wife, and your Swedish Hall of Famer?"

LC: "Linus my friend, of course! Who was Napoleon without Lafayette and Josephine? Caesar without Antonius and Calpurnia?

ENQ CHUCKLES

P3P: "Your King has arrived!"

YC rubs his temples

JAUG: "You know Mister Cane, when you drafted me in Istanbul all those years ago, I never expected to end up smoking my country's cigars with the cast of a, how you say, slapstick comedy show"

YC: "Believe me, I didn't either. I don't think Tomas ever called himself King."

P3P: "But did he ever save a city?"

YC: "He saved a state. Baseball is electric in Texas with him and McBride moving back home."

OTT: "Gentlemen, I predict a higher rate of success if we quit the witty banter and plan for this next season. I calculate that our acquisitions will lead to a higher probability of a win percentage over .500, which should ensure we keep the revenue flowing and promote a winning culture."

LC: "You know what we need to keep the revenue flowing?"

YC: "No I gotta stop you there Lloyd. We are not doing a 7th inning droid women show. Children attend our games."

LC: "I saw that kinda stuff growing up here all the time, and I turned out alright!"

ENQ: "If you two are done, I have an idea. One more acquisition for our lineup that will turn this team around. It'll be costly, but I have my contacts on the west coast."

LC: "Oh don't tell me! Babe, we're going to Vegas!"

OTT: "Given past excursions to Sin City, I predict with 95% certainty that we will lose Lloyd Carr to another Death Valley Hyperloop incident."

YC: "Alright Enquist. We're all here, and we can be there in about an hour with the Hyperloop. Tell me what you got."

P3P: "YES!! Sale Pitch time! Come on everyone, you all will be my Knights! The Knights of the Hyperloop!!"

YC RUBS HIS TEMPLES

END TRANSMISSION

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
But it is sci-fi so it can't be lame! How else would a lonely GM get updates about his daughters who are part of moon colonies in the outer solar system?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I see you lurking @bruin @bruin228. Still time to get in on the fanfic while I'm in a writing mood if you'll agree to be GMs 4 and 5! I'm thinking an uploaded conciousness robot that accidentally uploaded both of you, so it spends half the time in the NOOK of the Buffalo offices, and half the time calling for tighter extrasolar immigration controls to keep the Spider People out!

bruin

I see you lurking @bruin @bruin228. Still time to get in on the fanfic while I'm in a writing mood if you'll agree to be GMs 4 and 5! I'm thinking an uploaded conciousness robot that accidentally uploaded both of you, so it spends half the time in the NOOK of the Buffalo offices, and half the time calling for tighter extrasolar immigration controls to keep the Spider People out!

BD98D824-C33B-411E-B38A-489883B60950.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Just like Fat Pikachu, it must be brought back
734.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sorry, this is not a fanfic update:

Morín Super -- No-Hits Istanbul
Saturday, April 23rd, 2072
Excitement reigned at Enquist Park today as Buffalo Murricans hurler Benjamin Morín tossed a baseball rarity -- a no-hitter.

After defeating the Istanbul Ottomans, 4-0, he was swamped by reporters in the clubhouse for postgame comments.

"I'm just glad to be here," Morín said. "Today I just went right at the Ottomans as hard as I could, as long as I could."

Morín chalked up 4 strikeouts and allowed no walks in his superb performance.

"I don't think they could have stopped him with a howitzer today," said Buffalo manager Lloyd Carr.

View Boxscore
View Game Log

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Given my history, I've been colluding to make Istanbul awful since 2037, I just happened to win a championship by accident one year

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The King is Dead. Long live the King.

Tragic News as Castro's Elective Surgery Goes Bad
Saturday, February 18th, 2073
In a press conference today, Pepe Castro announced his sudden retirement. Said Castro, "The fact of the matter is that the surgery has left me legally blind in one eye. Though my right eye works perfectly, I've lost the depth perception needed to gauge a pitch. I knew going into the surgery that complications were possible. I'm disheartened to leave the game I love but go forward knowing there are good things around the bend. Castro is 28.

More to come on this breaking story.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah. He had elective eye surgery (despite having 50 eye, but whatever), which had him as injured for 7 weeks. I'm not sure exactly how that storyline plays out but I figured it either would boost his eye rating or cause this to happen, so I let it run. I had just signed him to a nice extension, but alas.

At least I can write cybernetic augmentation black market fanfic about him now.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah. He had elective eye surgery (despite having 50 eye, but whatever), which had him as injured for 7 weeks. I'm not sure exactly how that storyline plays out but I figured it either would boost his eye rating or cause this to happen, so I let it run. I had just signed him to a nice extension, but alas.

At least I can write cybernetic augmentation black market fanfic about him now.

Should have nuked the story from the start, enacting the @ZackMills rule

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I know, but whatevs. If he was a prospect I might be more upset but he gets to ride off in the sunset with a ring. Just wish the event dropped his EYE to 20 instead, lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Technically he tied for it with Mosca, who I didn't expect him to catch up to, but:

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|110x@} {/td}
{td=top|555x@}Tops in Wins, Ks, ERA -- Triple Crown for Zamora
Monday, October 1st, 2074
Lorenzo Zamora of the Buffalo Murricans could be headed for the Topia League Outstanding Pitching Wizard after an unforgettable 2074 season. The Murricans pitching star won the league's Triple Crown, winning 18 games, striking out 234 and logging a 2.20 ERA -- all league bests.

"It's an honor," Zamora told BNN, "Not many pitchers can say they've won the Triple Crown. Usually the batting Triple Crown gets all the attention."

In his sensational year he registered 18 wins and 8 losses. An opposing manager said, "I can see how he won 18 games. What I don't understand is how he lost 8."{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Soonerfan09

Zamora had a great season. Mosca really fell off at the end of the season, giving up 4+ in his last three starts, losing two. My whole team has been slumping lately, I expect it to be another series win for Buffalo.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
THANK YOU Winthrop Acres!

Star Starting Pitcher's Son Starts at Exclusive School
Saturday, November 7th, 2076
Today was a big day for Theodore Favelorda, son of the Buffalo Murricans left- hander, Miguel Favelorda. It was his first day of kindergarten at the touted Buffalo private academy, Winthrop Acres.

Theodore passed multiple aptitude exams in order to be accepted into the school, which has only 400 children over all 13 grades.

"Today is such a special moment for Theo and I am just so proud," said Favelorda. "When I became a parent I never imagined the love and joy that he could bring me and I'm just so delighted to see Theo go to a school that can cultivate his academic desires."

This experience, coupled with the Favelorda family's recent purchase of a luxury penthouse, show just how committed a starting pitcher the Murricans have in Miguel Favelorda.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
GAL-NET RECORDING 4178902438 -- USER "MarisaCane" LOCATION "Triton Cyrogenic Biology Research Facility, Orbit of Neptune"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

VIDEO MESSAGE: USER: YANKEE CANE DATE: 12/24/2072

YC: Hey sweetie, just checking in and seeing how things are going. Your Aunt mentioned you and little Hank are over on Neptune now. I'm happy to hear that, and I'm always proud of you. I don't know if you're even reading these messages, but I just want to let you know I'm always thinking of you and your sister, and all of my grandkids. Listen, I don't know what life on the frontier is like for a young kid like Hank, but if nothing else, please do me a favor and let him know his ol' pops is thinking of him. I know we may never see each other again, my daughter, but if Hank ever wants to come back Terra-side, there's always a place for you two to stay. I gotta run, but I love you.

END MESSAGE

It had been 6 years since my father sent me that message. In truth, I read them all, simply because it was a nice change of pace from hearing the stories of Kasey's 9 kids, or Mom and Dave's adventures in the retirement community on Tranquility. I pity the man, still chasing his dreams of grandeur to manage a baseball team, while the whole galaxy is at our fingertips. But then, I suppose I owed him one. If it weren't for his cheesy baseball jokes amidst an otherwise robotic attitutde, I may have decided to come outside my room more instead of studying. Still, something about this message kept gnawing at the back of my head. Here I am, reading a message from my erstwhile father, and I can't help but consider his words. Was the frontier a place for a kid? Hank was born in a birthing pod on Europa, and he's only known the life of a scientist in space, or at least the son of one. Some of the other mothers in our research team have shipped their kids back home, or never brought them at all. Luckily Hank has a brain beyond his years, and he fits in well with the adults. I'm sure he know who his grandpa is at this point, as much as I've tried to hide it from him. Maybe this year I'll let him know, and see what he thinks about going back to the inner solar system. He is turning 20 soon, after all, practically a man by Neptunian standards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

END RECORDING

The winds are a changing for the Cane Baseball dynasty...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
GAL-NET RECORDING 4178956492 -- USER "YankeeCane" LOCATION "Buffalo-Caribbean Hyperloop Private Car"

USER "YankeeCane" Connected
USER "LloydCarr" Connected
USER "ENQLEGEND" Connected

YC: "Yes, for the final time, I'm sure."

LC: "You know it won't be the same without you here, right? Ever since Ottelie and I broke up, everything's been in your hands! Hell, I couldn't even name half the guys you brought to our roster."

YC: "I know, and, er... I know. But this team will run itself. Besides, don't you get tired of all the synthetic drugs and synthetic women?"

LC: "Nonsense my boy! Not with my synthetic liver and my syntheti-"

YC: "Yes yes, point taken."

LC: "Well, I do have Enquist with me, so I should be fine. Are you sure you can believe the message you received? I mean, what if you pissed off some fans from outside the solar system?"

YC: "That's a risk I'll take. I thought I'd never see my family again, Lloyd."

ENQ: "A man must go where his heart takes him."

USER ENQLEGEND looks wistfully at the Atlantic Ocean as the hyperloop car whizzes by

LC: "You'll be missed friend. I'd retire a jersey, but you don't have one. So in lieu of it, I'll say a RIP in your honor."

YC: "I'm not dead, but I appreciate it."

USER YankeeCane exits the car as it comes to a stop, making his way through the terminal towards his next trip, as the two Buffalo legends look on one final time.

END RECORDING

With that, this thread is all yours now, @Lloyd Carr

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If PEDER gets in I will be writing a touching fanfic story for ONE LAST RIDE in this thread in honor of the LEGEND

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
GAL-NET RECORDING 13978420 -- USER "Petra PEDERSDottir"LOCATION "Stockholm District Cyrogenic Facility, Helsingborg, Sweden"

USER "PEDERSDOTTIR" Connected
USER "Hank E. Cane" Connected
USER "LloydCarr" Connected
USER "ENQLEGEND" Connected

It had been 2 weeks since I had heard the news. I still didn't believe it, really. GMs threatening to quit, New ones coming into the fold... Something about Wizards in Wheelchairs? It was all too much. I grew up more immersed in the inner workings of the WBL than I would've liked, but after my father retired, I wasn't much interested. When I met Vika, herself a daughter of a WBL superstar, we swore our children wouldn't watch or get involved. Unfortunately, my father never got the hint. As his mind deteriorated more and more, sometimes he would simply repeat "54.5%" over and over to our kids. We had to cut contact after some time, even though it broke my heart. He was the ghost of his former self, nothing like the jovial, happy guy I saw coming home after long trips, whether we lived in Brooklyn, Boston, Bangkok, or Buffalo.

My father made the decision to Cyrogenically freeze himself in 2070. I still remember his last words... "Either I stay frozen in time, a GOAT in my own mind, or one day the league will remember...54.5%....". Even to his last, his final words couldn't be an "I love you" to his only daughter, but instead rambling on about a slight 20 years in the making.

Vika didn't want me to come back here, today. But her father was already in the hall of GOATS, and still part of the Buffalo organization at that. I had to come. I would wait out the results here, with my father, in hopes he finds his peace.

LC: "I've dropped everything, even my latest robot wife, as soon as the decision was made. Where's PEDER?"

HEC: "Why did my grandfather send me to this place? He knows I'm used to warmer climates now, right? I don't need to relive my childhood on Triton."

ENQ: "You've been out of commission for a bit Lloyd, but Peder froze himself almost 10 years ago. As for you, Hank, We're here to show our respects."

HEC: "Is he dead?"

LC: "PEEEEEEEDDDDDEEEEER! RIP"

ENQ: "Not quite. This is his daughter, if you can remember her."

PDRDTR: "Oh, hello you three. I didn't expect company to come and be with my Father."

LC: "Of course! You know the Buffalo organization takes care of their own! Say, what's this freezing stuff all about anyways?"

PDRDTR: "He froze himself 10 years ago.... gave express orders that, as a NON-GOAT, he was to stay in cyrogenic stasis for 50 years, after which he would evaporate into nothingness. I fear his mind was lost some time long before that...."

PDRDTR holds back tears

HEC: "But, there's a chance, right? I mean, Cyrogenic freezing is pretty safe these days."

ENQ: "Indeed. My good friend PEDER did mention hoping for another chance. An extension to the 10 year period or something. It took some upstart GM from the deep south of the United States, but one thing led to another and now there's a chance.

LC: "We'll be here with you, for the vote, Mrs. PEDERsdottir. However he emerges from cyrogenic stasis, we'll be here to honor the GOAT. Well, one of the GOATs. I still take Enquist over.."

ENQ Smacks LC on the back of the head

LC: "Anyways, we're here for you."

HEC: "I'll wait outside, I really can't stand much of this cold. I gotta call my mom on POSEIDONET anyways. I'll let you three know when we get the results."

END RECORDING