• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
They covet these high profile wins in November/December too much. As long as one and dones are a thing even the traditional powers are gonna look pretty rough in those early games.

Teams trending as horribly as Arizona State and Oklahoma should never get in ever IMO

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Teams with losing records in conference should be disqualified, period. Is it really that much to ask for teams to have a winning record to qualify for the tournament? Also, Nebraska went 13-5 in B1G and didn't make it. Any chance in hell Michigan State, Duke, UCLA gets left out with that record? Helllll no.

Nebraska is not the hill to die on. They played no one out of conference, and the Big 10 being shitty and the unbalanced schedule means they beat basically nobody.

Brick

Did I stutter?
Any chance in hell Michigan State, Duke, UCLA gets left out with that record?
I don't have an opinion on whether Nebraska should be in, as I said I don't care about which bubble teams get in because they all had mediocre seasons (except St. Mary's!).

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Should we shift this to be a discussion about how automatic bids for tourney champs is stupid?

Conferences have total authority over this. They don't have to have a conference tournament at all. But conference tournaments, like championship games, make a shitload of money.

Fundamentally it is pretty stupid, but when you grow up in ACC country, the ACC tournament is everything. Teachers don't bother teaching and just put the games on. I think the ACC was the first conference to do a tournament as well. I've been to 2 and it's just fucking exciting, man. I know some of these smaller conference tournaments have the top 2 seeds get a triple-bye or something, so there are things you can do to push the best teams in the most advantageous position.

I think it would be cool if they did the conference tournaments in December as a way to kick the season into high gear and generate excitement, that way you could keep them and not have it undermine the regular season too much. I bet it would still make a shitload of money.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Make a requirement that the at large has to first be filled from teams that won their conference but didn't win their conference tournament shampship. Would eliminate some of the fuckshit

Brick

Lol if there were no auto bids, like two mid majors would get in. The selection committee wouldn't suddenly love St. Mary's and their ability to lose to shitty teams
No, there should be automatic bids. Conference regular season champions should be in. That is obvious enough. I would even be OK with two automatic bids, one for regular season, one for tourney. But for the conference tournament alone it makes no sense.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Welp - selection committee hijinks yet again. SC got screwed. Meh - happens every year to some unfortunate teams, but oh well.

Brick

Fuck Jay Bilas.
giphy.gif

Capture.PNG

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
It is a 68 team field, not a 25 team field. Beating Gonzaga on the road and winning 28 games should be enough. Alabama lost to UCF at home, 15-17 Minnesota, and another bubble team, Texas, blew them out by 16 at home OOC. They also lost 15 fucking games. They lost 5 in a row two weeks ago and 6 of 8 overall, and 3 of those were by 19 points or more. They got a fucking BYE.

I don't give a shit about the resume distinctions of all of these 10-8 bubble teams, but St. Mary's is a team that should be in without even a discussion.

There are 4 teams out of 346 that have a better W/L record than St. Mary's, and they are seeded 1,1,1,2,3, and 4. St. Mary's schedule is rated 172 on KenPom which is the middle of the pack. Gonzaga's isn't even much higher at 127 and they got a 4 seed with one fewer loss than St. Mary's.
To be fair, Minnesota was a legitimate top 25 team at that point of the year before being decimated by expulsion and injury. Not a bad loss at all. Plus Bama only had 3 players on the court so :laughing:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Didn't they rally back and almost win?
Yeah, but Minnesota held the ball the entire shot clock and jacked a 3 every possession until they realized they were about to lose to a 3 player team :laughing: Really that game should just be thrown out altogether, but def not a bad loss for Bama

bruin

Thought UCLA was comfortably in going into Sunday. Turns out that turd Lunardi was right that UCLA at SC two weeks ago was basically a play-in game.

bruin

I guess I'll do a bracket.

I'm behind on the 24 hour bracket marathon on my DVR tho..gotta see what Jay Bilas hip hop slang he's touching with J Will and Marty Smith nascar coverage while discussing Motor Allen Speedway top 5 sleepers

bruin

Alford should really go.

They blew it up with UCLA football. Settle in basketball? Hard to comprehend. We’ll see.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Murray State came through for me like 4 years in a row when they kept drawing Vandy and beating them, so I can never pick against them. Same with Morehead when they had Faried

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Murray State ruined my life this year since I’m a huge Belmont basketball fan and spent so much time watching them

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I'm taking MAN DIEGO STATE all the way baby. @TonyGin&Juice

JAR keeps sending me FB messages about the CHOKIES losing. For some reason I thought I had entered some form of time warp into the future and he was tom bout a shitty pre-CHRISTmas bowl game. Turns out the CHOKIES are in the tourney and not the NIT tourney. My how they've improved from the days back when I was a walk on shooting guard.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Buzz is a pretty good coach even though he's weird af

NML

Still can’t decide if Trae Young is “generic great college guard who’s game doesn’t translate” or not.

That Steph Curry has become Steph Curry will single-handily get him into the lottery. I think his ceiling is sixth man chucker/volume scorer

NML

Kid is all laughs now, probably gon feel differently about that missed open layup if they lose in OT

Also, good lord that dude just watching his man streak by for the put back winner

Brick

Oklahoma team VS a Hurley? Mannnnnnn hard to pick. I see Young has perfected the RUSS head snap!