• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Sean Miller the first corch named. Setting up 100k payment on wiretap.

College basketball gon die pretty much.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Lol, nice.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gottfried paid off some kids just for State to suck anyway at this point. Time to go hand in hand into extinction.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'ma laugh when the NCAA says

latest

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Gottfried clearly had a relationship with this Christian Dawkins guy. Nothing incriminating yet but there is no fucking way he didn't do something. God fuck that slimy piece of shit asshole.

State is toast. They always get the hammer. Couldn't even win either. Faggots.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Well, it was nice to be ignorant of what was going on behind the scenes.

I'll see you all in a few years when we recover from being curbstomped by the NCAA and FBI.

Bdub

Really bad week for Zona, gang rape for the football team and the basketball team is paying for players and doing roids.

Brick

Dickie V defending Duke and lamenting the fact that the Duke player getting dinner has been in lot of articles with the Arizona and NC State allegations and unfairly tying them to wrong doing. Fuck this hard.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Dickie V defending Duke and lamenting the fact that the Duke player getting dinner has been in lot of articles with the Arizona and NC State allegations and unfairly tying them to wrong doing. Fuck this hard.
Someone needs to take Old Yeller out to pasture

MSUFanatic

Apparently the dude that rolled the story about Sean Miller hasn't actually heard the tapes. Just solely based on hearsay. I mean if you are going to blast in article out that's going to ruin someone's career you should really make sure you have the source information and have double checked all your facts. Curious to see where this goes.

Outside counsel Paul Kelly said law firms working for Arizona don't have access to FBI wiretaps & haven't been told what's in them. "Those items are subject to a court-imposed protective order, and only the charged defendants have access to those materials," Kelly told ESPN.
— Mark Schlabach (@Mark_Schlabach) February 26, 2018

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Apparently the dude that rolled the story about Sean Miller hasn't actually heard the tapes. Just solely based on hearsay. I mean if you are going to blast in article out that's going to ruin someone's career you should really make sure you have the source information and have double checked all your facts. Curious to see where this goes.

Yeah, the article was pretty up front about that:

FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN.

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation,
Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Sean Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.

This is how reporting works. You really expect them to listen to the tapes, which are under seal, and in a criminal case before reporting the story? That's not going to happen.

The better point to make is that it's entirely possible the leak came from the Arizona assistant that got charged, and not the FBI. Then you'd have to question the motives of the leak and if the assistant is just trying to throw Miller under the bus. But, if ESPN properly confirmed the story, it shouldn't matter.

MSUFanatic

Yeah, the article was pretty up front about that:

This is how reporting works. You really expect them to listen to the tapes, which are under seal, and in a criminal case before reporting the story? That's not going to happen.

The better point to make is that it's entirely possible the leak came from the Arizona assistant that got charged, and not the FBI. Then you'd have to question the motives of the leak and if the assistant is just trying to throw Miller under the bus. But, if ESPN properly confirmed the story, it shouldn't matter.

I don't think they did a very good job outlining that in the headlines and then it has been spun all over the media as confirmation that this is 100% factual. It's a single sourced article. Think there needs to be a little more precaution before you just start lamenting it's an indisputable fact.

I think right now I want to find out if they have some indisputable facts that the deal actually went through (which is how it's portrayed in the media currently) then it should be pretty easy to muster up the facts that money changed hands?

If Dawkins called up Miller and said oh yea we can make this happen and Miller said go fuck yourself stop drunk dialing me is it still newsworthy? ESPN or Schlabach can't currently answer that question about the nature of the call. It's currently, we have Miller on wiretaps discussing 100K for Ayton. Ok, but does that mean the plan was executed? Did money exchange hands to the player? What about the timeline that seems to be out of whack for what was reported?

Hey, by all means, figure those things out and report on what's out there. I'm more discouraged, because the average person thinks 100% that Miller paid Ayton 100K because that's the spin currently.

Last edited:

Brick

The fact that Miller wasn't fired immediately, and Ayton played on Sunday, should tell you something. Leave it to twitter to ruin someone's career before facts are known! DONE DEAL DONE DEAL DONE DEAL DONE DEAL

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The fact that Miller wasn't fired immediately, and Ayton played on Sunday, should tell you something. Leave it to twitter to ruin someone's career before facts are known! DONE DEAL DONE DEAL DONE DEAL DONE DEAL

What? Miller wasn't fired immediately because you can't fire a coach for cause instantaneously. Ayton playing doesn't matter at all. If he took money, Arizona's season is completely nuked no matter what, so they lose nothing by playing him.

Bdub

Yeah no point in firing Miller or benching Ayton now. They will play out the season and go from there.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Arizona's outside counsel (i.e., someone with no reason whatsoever to lie about something like this) has said that there's nothing to indicate Ayton took any money. Either the outside counsel is lying (again, there's no good reason why they'd do that) and Ayton's family is good enough to hide something like that from the FBI and the outside counsel (very unlikely) or all of the people calling for Ayton's head are full of shit.

As for the wiretaps of Miller, the only people who have access to that information are the indicted defendants or the FBI. That means that Schlabach hasn't heard them or that someone involved with the case did something very illegal. Hopefully it means that Schlabach is lying because I would absolutely love to see Miller and Arizona sue ESPN for this.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Arizona's outside counsel (i.e., someone with no reason whatsoever to lie about something like this) has said that there's nothing to indicate Ayton took any money. Either the outside counsel is lying (again, there's no good reason why they'd do that) and Ayton's family is good enough to hide something like that from the FBI and the outside counsel (very unlikely) or all of the people calling for Ayton's head are full of shit.

As for the wiretaps of Miller, the only people who have access to that information are the indicted defendants or the FBI. That means that Schlabach hasn't heard them or that someone involved with the case did something very illegal. Hopefully it means that Schlabach is lying because I would absolutely love to see Miller and Arizona sue ESPN for this.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Dick Vitale is a piece of shit as usual. He's imploring people to not rush to judgment about Duke and Kentucky, yet he's acting as if the allegations against Miller and Arizona are proven fact.

Fuck Dookie V.

CJ_24

B1G starting their conference tournament a week early just so they can play in NYC (the Big East gets Champ Week dips on the Garden). So stupid. There is so much that I loathe about college sports.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
B1G starting their conference tournament a week early just so they can play in NYC (the Big East gets Champ Week dips on the Garden). So stupid. There is so much that I loathe about college sports.

You wanted B1G. You got B1G!

MSUFanatic

The condensed big ten schedule sucked. The lack of a true round robin sucks, but I don't get why people are so salty about playing in MSG? There are plenty of big alumni groups in NYC from all those schools. Not to mention it's a fun place to watch and play basketball. Seeing so many salty Big East fans act like they have a monopoly on the stadium is hilarious.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
ACC tournament is at Barclays in Brooklyn again and I was pretty close to pulling the trigger. My friend that lived there switched coasts though and I anticipated State being awful this year. It would be a helluva lot of fun I think.

The condensed schedule, week early tourney at MSG was always gonna be a bad strategy for the Big Ten. Switch to Barclays next year when the ACC goes back to NC.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The condensed big ten schedule sucked. The lack of a true round robin sucks, but I don't get why people are so salty about playing in MSG? There are plenty of big alumni groups in NYC from all those schools. Not to mention it's a fun place to watch and play basketball. Seeing so many salty Big East fans act like they have a monopoly on the stadium is hilarious.

Michigan will enjoy the bonus "home games" at MSG. :thumbsup:

Bdub

Good thing Ayton has broken multiple rules that should have gotten him kicked off the team long ago. I mean he already got busted for roids and now he is doing them again.

Bdub

You're confusing him with Alonzo Trier. Nice try, though.
Sorry can't keep track of all the criminals and cheaters in Tucson. On the bright side the gang rapes have been isolated to the football team. Hopefully the b-ball players don't party with the football team.

Wolfman21

should wrap up an NCAA Tourney bid with the win over louisville tonight. If only we had beaten GT on Thursday we'd be sitting as the 3 seed in the ACC Tournament right now...oh well