• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
State got jobbed on that "timeout" by Miami, but too many stupid turnovers and while the effort is there, the defense is still pretty bad. Yurtseven is a fucking monster now though, he's finally figured it out.

I like Keatts. Typical State would've been dead in the water down 12 with 6 minutes left. Any big Miami run was answered. Probably won't have a good gauge on his true potential until Year 3 but when I have watched this team, it's been pretty fun most of the time.

Wolfman21

State got jobbed on that "timeout" by Miami, but too many stupid turnovers and while the effort is there, the defense is still pretty bad. Yurtseven is a fucking monster now though, he's finally figured it out.

I like Keatts. Typical State would've been dead in the water down 12 with 6 minutes left. Any big Miami run was answered. Probably won't have a good gauge on his true potential until Year 3 but when I have watched this team, it's been pretty fun most of the time.

would not have believed THIS yurt last season or even the beginning of this season. hes playing himself into the lottery.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Buzz Williams is the sweatiest sap of an ass

And he was shaving his head to look like a giant fucking baby on purpose this whole time? Fuckin a

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
1c472e8975d2e26019d7546a69546e72.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Al Freeman is raining on the Heels right now. Don't get your hopes up Wuf, don't do it!

Wolfman21

Context? Who are they talkin about? Ive never been a big fan of goodman though i came around a lil after some comments he made after state hired kevin keatts. Dakich is a grade a douchenozzle though so glad he took that one in the ass

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Context? Who are they talkin about? Ive never been a big fan of goodman though i came around a lil after some comments he made after state hired kevin keatts. Dakich is a grade a douchenozzle though so glad he took that one in the ass
Miles Bridges. Dakich said he had "no game".

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Still REVELING in that win, I felt like I was transported back in time and watching a vintage ACC battle. The fact the Pack actually came out on top too...that's a game State never wins. They basically stole that game IN Chapel Hill. I'm blowing the fuck out of the steam whistle on the Keatts train CHOO CHOOOOOO

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's also a cop, racist, and a Cards fan...wait, most of those are redundant

Last edited:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Worst display of defense I've seen in my life. Yall deserved that one.

Rivalry feels intense again at least. Another crazy one.

Wolfman21

keatts takin a bunch of rag tag teams to 2-1 vs duke and UNC in his first season and what coulda been 3-0 if Abu and Lennard Freeman weren't absolutely useless inside. I'll take it. Fuck Carolina in their cheating assholes always and forever

Carolina Blue

Worst display of defense I've seen in my life. Yall deserved that one.

Rivalry feels intense again at least. Another crazy one.

Yeah, not great defense by either team, really. Been a while since I've seen a game of streaks like that. We (Maye) just had the last run.

Y'all should be in good hands with Keatts, however. The effort is there.

Carolina Blue

keatts takin a bunch of rag tag teams to 2-1 vs duke and UNC in his first season and what coulda been 3-0 if Abu and Lennard Freeman weren't absolutely useless inside. I'll take it. Fuck Carolina in their cheating assholes always and forever

Now we're talking.

Wolfman21

only if the NCAA isn't handing out the punishments. If its the NCAA, it will be business as usual. I'm sure Long Beach St and Florida Gulf Coast will get the death penalty while the big name schools that bring in the money and actually do the cheating will walk.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Here we go

Exclusive: Federal documents detail sweeping potential NCAA violations involving high-profile players, schools

Pat Forde and Pete Thamel
Yahoo SportsFeb 23, 2018, 3:33 AM

edabe9960a745fceab9ad4976cddd0d4

View photos
Court docs in the college hoops corruption case spell out who ASM Sports paid and how much. (Credit: Yahoo Sports)
More
Documents and bank records obtained in discovery during the federal investigation into the underbelly of college basketball detail in meticulous fashion the expenditures of prominent former NBA agent Andy Miller, his former associate Christian Dawkins and his agency, ASM Sports. They include expense reports and balance sheets that list cash advances, as well as entertainment and travel expenses for high school and college prospects and their families.
Yahoo Sports viewed hundreds of pages of documents from the years-long probe that had federal authorities monitoring multiple targets and intercepting more than 4,000 calls across 330 days, providing a clear-eyed view into the pervasive nature of the game’s underground economy.
While three criminal cases tied to the investigation may take years to play out, the documents viewed by Yahoo revealed the extent of the potential NCAA ramifications from the case. The documents show an underground recruiting operation that could create NCAA rules issues – both current and retroactive – for at least 20 Division I basketball programs and more than 25 players.
The documents tie some of the biggest names and programs in the sport to activity that appears to violate the NCAA’s amateurism rules. This could end up casting a pall over the NCAA tournament because of eligibility issues. There’s potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools. The documents link some of the sport’s biggest current stars – Michigan State’s Miles Bridges, Alabama’s Collin Sexton and Duke’s Wendell Carter – to specific potential extra benefits for either the athletes or their family members. The amounts tied to players in the case range from basic meals to tens of thousands of dollars.
NCAA president Mark Emmert released a statement Friday morning to address the latest developments in the corruption probe.
“These allegations, if true, point to systematic failures that must be fixed and fixed now if we want college sports in America. Simply put, people who engage in this kind of behavior have no place in college sports. They are an affront to all those who play by the rules,” the statement read. “Following the Southern District of New York’s indictments last year, the NCAA Board of Governors and I formed the independent Commission on College Basketball, chaired by Condoleezza Rice, to provide recommendations on how to clean up the sport. With these latest allegations, it’s clear this work is more important now than ever. The Board and I are completely committed to making transformational changes to the game and ensuring all involved in college basketball do so with integrity. We also will continue to cooperate with the efforts of federal prosecutors to identify and punish the unscrupulous parties seeking to exploit the system through criminal acts.”
An ASM balance sheet in the hands of federal investigators shows accounts through Dec. 31, 2015, with the subheading, “Loan to Players.” It listed several who were in high school or college as receiving four-figure and five-figure payments from ASM Sports. Among the largest listed loans:
  • Dennis Smith, who would go on to play at North Carolina State in 2016-17, received $43,500 according to the documents. Another document headed “Pina,” for ASM agent Stephen Pina, says Smith received a total of $73,500 in loans, and includes notes about “options to recoup the money” when Smith did not sign with ASM.
  • Isaiah Whitehead, at the time a freshman at Seton Hall, received $26,136 according to the documents. The “Pina” document says Whitehead received $37,657 and was “setting up payment plan.” Whitehead signed with ASM but later left the agency for Roc Nation.
  • Tim Quarterman, at the time a junior at LSU, received at least $16,000 according to the balance sheet.
  • Diamond Stone, at the time a freshman at Maryland, received $14,303 according to the documents.
  • A listing that refers to “BAM” for $12,000 is later identified in the documents as Edrice “Bam” Adebayo, who would go on to play at Kentucky in 2016-17. He did not sign with ASM. There’s a later reference to Adebayo that says he received $36,500. “Bad loan,” reads the document.
  • Markelle Fultz, who would go on to play at Washington and become the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, received $10,000 according to the documents. He did not sign with ASM.
Yahoo Sports reached out to officials at N.C. State, Seton Hall, Maryland, Kentucky and Washington. They all declined comment or did not return correspondence.

They wanna vacate those 4 ACC wins State got with Dennis Smith they can go right ahead. None of this shit will have any meat on it unless some of these legendary coaching pricks are implicated. We shall see.