• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

MMA Thread

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Very anti climatic main event for UFC last night. Mousassi (meh) v. Machida (snore). Five rounds of that I'm guessing was awful.

Clamoring of Aldo/Pettis superfight coming. And Rousey wants to be an actress. Pretty boring stuff right now.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
To me MMA peaked a few years ago and has been declining ever since. I just don't get into it anymore. The guys don't seem as fun to root for like Chuck Liddell or Dan Henderson etc. No more Fedor and now Silva is toast too. Big ol pile of meh to me.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Speaking of unwatchable UFCs, tonight ranks right up there. Very disinterested to watch.

hope a roided Cyborg comes to UFC and breaks Ronda Rousey in half.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Yup, which made Belforts title shot go buh bye. Enter Lyoto "the human good nights sleep" Machida for a crack at Weidman.

fonzilla

I think they need to stop having so many fights.... I think it is watering down the product.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
condf.gif

Condits death blow, watch the right leg.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
So charismatic. Hope he comes out much better for this fight than the Gustaffson battle.

Overall, Decent card on store for tonight doe. Jake Ellenbergers bro was to make his debut tonight, but two opponents were injured in camp.

and a guy to watch for in the future, he made his debut last Saturday: Mirsad Bektic. Literally saw this guy shred people when he fought in the minor circuits here. He started grating at the same place my wife does -now he is American top teams biggest prospect.

osick87

Community Liaison
So charismatic. Hope he comes out much better for this fight than the Gustaffson battle.

Overall, Decent card on store for tonight doe. Jake Ellenbergers bro was to make his debut tonight, but two opponents were injured in camp.

and a guy to watch for in the future, he made his debut last Saturday: Mirsad Bektic. Literally saw this guy shred people when he fought in the minor circuits here. He started grating at the same place my wife does -now he is American top teams biggest prospect.

He brought a cheese grater to the fight?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Damn right he did. Shredded em up

no, no, damn ipad typo errors but it'd be cool. Cactus Jack came to the ring once with a cheese grater...wouldn't be the first time.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Holy fuck. Matt Brown Erick Silva fight tonight was fucking insane. 12 straight minutes of pure insanity.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Renan Barao will never be defeated. Anderson who?

and tonight is the end of Jake Ellenberger and Dan Henderson. Saddening, love those guys.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Thanks to drunk @GatorTD this thread has life again.

However this UFC card has blown goats. Not impressed at all except for Daniel Cormier doing his best Brock Lesnar and spin press slamming Hendo.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Wait ANOTEr bad mma card? It's like they went mainstream they are over saturating the market and displaying shit product.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Don't really know if it's just over streamed or not, some cards get overhyped (like this one) and shit the bed. I actually thought the Bellator PPV last weekend was more entertaining.

That said, MMA is popular. And it will be until some stupid shit like real judging issues rear their heads like it has in boxing. And it's just going to get better.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
What's crazier is the fact Barao hadn't lost in 12 Fricking years. But all things considered, he looked really slow as hell compared to Dillashaw. Watch something really stupid comes out like a positive drug test or a Pete Rose "I bet against myself" type thing.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
The fight nights have become my hungover program of choice. If there's a piece on a fighter I like I'll watch it. Otherwise I just fast forward to the fights on the DVR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Watched the first preliminary just now and watched a guy tap after a heel strike to the ribs?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Watched the first preliminary just now and watched a guy tap after a heel strike to the ribs?

i thought wtf too too when it happened, but then if he hit the floating rib and cracked it, breathing woulda been a bitch.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Agreed. Nice to see you come around to the smart side.

It's just every weekend having an event just bores me. Gone is the day where there would be one huge ass event that everyone was all hot and excited for. Sure I'll still watch (I have my free ways ha) but there really hasn't been a fight that said OMG I'm so fucking excited for that since Jones and Gus.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Whaddaya know, UFC had a doubleheader. Started in Aussie Aussie Aussie, ends at the Alamo. Didn't watch Aussie card but Alamo had a couple good ones. Ellenberger bro fought and won, which was cool.

Yet again, other fights were ugh. And back to back next weekend? #facepalm

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Oh yea, UFC is on. Back to back events! I hope Alexis Davis tears Rouseys arm off from her fucking shoulder blade. So done with her schtick. Cannot stand that beeotch.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Oh I know. It might get to the point she's damn near Silva/Aldo unbeatable Dana White has her fight dudes. That for sure would sell tickets and PPVs. I'm just stating I'm just done with her.