• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
my 2 cents

i would really hate for this league to turn into monopoly when you end up playing with that 1 dude who will insist on playing even though he has no substantial real estate left and refuses to sell you a property to avoid you getting all 3 colors to begin putting houses/hotels on (i assume ya'll play the while...errr...white way and have to own all 3 properties of a color before building)

this guy makes playing the game uninteresting b/c they insist they will make a comeback despite landing on park place nearly going bankrupt in the process each time

trades make puters pute and the game interesting. as long aint no shady stuff happening, let the trades continue

im out

Lloyd Carr

Can confirm, I play the white/right way. No building unless you own all the properties.

Edit: Actually, after thinking about it, playing that way doesn't make any sense. If you own the property, why can't you start putting houses on it? Why do you need to own the whole neighborhood before you can start building? What kind of bullshit is that?

I've been playing Monopoly wrong my entire life.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
my 2 cents

i would really hate for this league to turn into monopoly when you end up playing with that 1 dude who will insist on playing even though he has no substantial real estate left and refuses to sell you a property to avoid you getting all 3 colors to begin putting houses/hotels on (i assume ya'll play the while...errr...white way and have to own all 3 properties of a color before building)

this guy makes playing the game uninteresting b/c they insist they will make a comeback despite landing on park place nearly going bankrupt in the process each time

trades make puters pute and the game interesting. as long aint no shady stuff happening, let the trades continue

im out
Are you going to start trading?

doh

What made the bin Haddad deal different?

He was trading away significantly less salary and attached IIRC about the same value of picks. And Tankee was trying to win and bin Haddad would've helped him at a position he wasn't great at. And if you're trying to rebuild why give away 3 or 4 picks too? JD is clearing salary for another move. I don't think Tankee was. I know it's a "we all value things differently" but that trade made zero sense.

jdlikewhoa

Honestly I think this offseason had the makings to be pretty boring until bug. There were no reel standout free agents like years past.

I was set to just stand pat and wait until all but Rapley's deal came off the books. I'd have had over $100m to resign my young guys and tackle free agency.

Bug changed the game a bit and I know I've spent a ridiculous amount of time burning up the PM boxes trying to shop some guys.

Love all the dealing others have been doing. It's not just OU and Orlando making trades

Lloyd Carr

I want to trade with @Reel , but there isn't anyone in his organization that I want.

I want reel more active in the mix. He's fun to deal with.

jdlikewhoa

I had a pretty good deal I was gonna offer fignuts that would've culminated in a 3 way trade but I think he's pissed after the Ammar ordeal

doh

Yeah I just looked over the Baton Rouge team and lawd there's nothing in that system. Good news is reel can do some of these take on salary and get picks/prospects deals. It's a cool way to add assets really quick in this league.

I'm still wanting to make trades. I'm usually of more of an in-season trader though.

Lloyd Carr

I wasn't sure which way to go with my response. The subtle race joke, or:

GhIcxAy.gif

Lloyd Carr

I'm probably ready for the longer sim as well, but I don't want to be a dick and potentially screw up the bid-war on Bug.

osick87

Community Liaison
Claude Blanc is a nice piece. Other than him though is pretty barren. It's a shame he was still a Saint when the SS demand was at it's highest. Folkaart should Start too.

Last edited:

doh

Can we confirm next sim is long one to get us to ST? It'll def change how I offer guys that I'm on. @OU11

Lloyd Carr

I would say do one more short sim tonight, and then edit the title to note we're moving to longer sims tomorrow. That way those who exported and did their thing earlier today don't get fucked if they weren't aware we were simming more days.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Whoever offers the most will get da bug tomorrow I'm sure. Going 5 days tomorrow night