• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Wolfman21

I figured I would make a thread on here that we could talk about OOTP in general, not relating to the WBL.

For Example, check out this super prospect in the game I'm doing offline. He May be the best prospect i've ever seen: Esteban "Phantom" Gonzales

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wazir was like all 80s when he came out IIRC and dropped to 55s at one point. Not sure how much that had to do with my scout being an alcoholic and his actual ratings fluctuation

Wolfman21

On the flip side, I did draft a SS that lived up to his potential and is 65 across the board at 21 years old. Sadly he's blocked by Andrelton Simmons. Trying to get him time at 3B in the minors

Gooksta

Guy on ootp forums has the exact ballpark factors for every mlb park.. and also a breakdown how to setup the factors for your own made up ball park . Great stuff. I'll link later

Gooksta

3mk9xe0.png

Gooksta

So I created my own single player league.. took over a team and have managed about one game a night for the last month.. really get an idea for how certain ratings play out..

Wolfman21

started a single player league. Holy hell the difference between OOTP scout ratings and my scout ratings on some players. My scout sees a guy as a Single A lifer where OOTP sees a guy as a future all star. da fuq? lol

Wolfman21

also, i'm playing in GM mode...so I thought my coaches were supposed to make lineup decisions. Well, I bring a guy back from the DL and don't touch the lineups thinking the coach would re-insert him into the lineup. Sim a week and hes still on the bench and didn't play.

Was I wrong in assuming that? Even if I just play as a GM, i still have to set lineups? Someone that has alot of single player experience help me out there.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
started a single player league. Holy hell the difference between OOTP scout ratings and my scout ratings on some players. My scout sees a guy as a Single A lifer where OOTP sees a guy as a future all star. da fuq? lol
Your league settings might be different than ours for the WBL. You can make OSA totally stupid or 100% accurate and anywhere in between

I dont play gm mode

Gooksta

also, i'm playing in GM mode...so I thought my coaches were supposed to make lineup decisions. Well, I bring a guy back from the DL and don't touch the lineups thinking the coach would re-insert him into the lineup. Sim a week and hes still on the bench and didn't play.

Was I wrong in assuming that? Even if I just play as a GM, i still have to set lineups? Someone that has alot of single player experience help me out there.
Go to manger or game settings.. there is an option to let manger handle lineups

Wolfman21

5-1 after the first week of the 2015 season with the Atlanta Braves. Cot damn their lineup sucks, but they're hitting lights out right now. Freeman hitting .200 but with 2 grand slams and 14 RBI already, lol

Gooksta

5-1 after the first week of the 2015 season with the Atlanta Braves. Cot damn their lineup sucks, but they're hitting lights out right now. Freeman hitting .200 but with 2 grand slams and 14 RBI already, lol
K city, amirite?

Wolfman21

not sure what that means so im gonna guess you're comparing them to Kansas City of last year that hit well above their means.

Also, their pitching has been lights out so far. Shutouts by Shelby Miller, Folty and Wandy Rod

Gooksta

not sure what that means so im gonna guess you're comparing them to Kansas City of last year that hit well above their means.

Also, their pitching has been lights out so far. Shutouts by Shelby Miller, Folty and Wandy Rod
I meant ur lineup has a ton of strikeouts in it..