• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 10 Thread - Sara

Brick

why would I have to clarify it when anyone who pays attention to sports knows what stat padding is. you should have googled it.
also:
If they lose 3 games it will be a moot point, sure. It seems a bit arbitrary of you to exclude a dual threat’s rushing stats doe lol. Stroud is a better pure passer but Nix accounts for more scores. You win the game by scoring more points than your opponent so I don’t see why “who da best pure passer” should be the criteria and it isn’t the first time you’ve inserted arbitrary qualifiers to your arguments when it comes to Oregon either.
1 yard rush TDs are a corch choice statistic. you gonna count 1 yard qb sneaks for first downs too.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
CAM was the #15 rusher in the nation and #1 in the nation in passing yds/attempt that year.

Nix isn't even in the top 100 rushers and is #15 or below in yards and yards/attempt lol

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yes I was annoying about it, why doe? Right here you call me dumb because I took Nix’s season total, averaged it, and projected it for a full season.

Lamar Jackson was on pace for over 80 TD after his first four games of his Heisman year. How many do you think he ended up with? Isn't this shit they teach you day 1 of an introductory statistics class?

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
why would I have to clarify it when anyone who pays attention to sports knows what stat padding is. you should have googled it.
I know what stat padding is. Based on the points you were making it appeared that you were arguing that Nix’s rushing TDs specifically meant nothing in a way that was unique to him and not, say, Cam Newton - who also had plenty of 1 yard scores. Either it matters for both or neither.

and again, even taking that argument at face value I don’t think it’s a great one in the context of the heisman.
CAM was the #15 rusher in the nation and #1 in the nation in passing yds/attempt that year.

Nix isn't even in the top 100 rushers and is #15 or below in yards and yards/attempt lol
Nix is 9th in passer rating, and has a 73% completion rate. Stroud and Hooker have 2377 and 2676 total yards respectively (yes, including rushing), Nix has 2662. Again, he doesn’t have to be the most elite QB in the country. He needs an elite overall statistical profile which he is on pace to do, in combination with a a 12-1 Oregon, and probably some help in the form of a TN and/or tOSU loss.

Lamar Jackson was on pace for over 80 TD after his first four games of his Heisman year. How many do you think he ended up with? Isn't this shit they teach you day 1 of an introductory statistics class?
That average includes the loss to Georgia, I didn’t omit it. And 8 games is twice the sample size as 4. It isn’t perfect but averaging the performance for the sake of argument is not egregious. Are you expecting me to write a model to project his stats in excruciating detail? Cmon. Most of you’ll can’t even be bothered to take anything I say half seriously and you actively make fun of me for sperging but then you criticize my argument as intellectually lazy lol.

Brick

Based on the points you were making it appeared that you were arguing that Nix’s rushing TDs specifically meant nothing in a way that was unique to him and not, say, Cam Newton - who also had plenty of 1
where

Mame YO

slings rocks
no one not named ZAPPE or JOEY FRANCHISE can keep the pace
Nobody can score something like 3 1/2 TDs per game for 5 games? That’s roughly in line with what Stroud, Maye and a handful of others including Nix have already done so far this season, why not?

I get the argument that there will be a couple of more challenging games later on in the schedule, but again, I’m trying to avoid making assumptions by sticking to just averaging the stats and projecting them for the season. I’m even leaving Georgia in the sample size even though I could be a homer and point out that his pace since week 2 is even more blistering than the 4300yd/50td pace I’ve been using this whole time. Less subjectivity is good, actually!

Nobody is Georgia, and while Oregon has played some bad defenses they also played UCLA which is at least decent statistically (49th in total defense) and more than 1/3rd of Nix’s passes went for 15+ yards. They haven’t scored less than 42 points in a game since week 1. I know you keep looking at those 2021 Utah games and that’s in the front of your mind, but there are several reasons (including nix!) why they’re unlikely to be able to repeat those performances this year.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, he has been consistent this year. His worst game was his first game and since then he has played very well in every game. Stanford his worst passing game after Georgia and he ran for 141 and 2 TDs that game and had 4 TD overall.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That average includes the loss to Georgia, I didn’t omit it. And 8 games is twice the sample size as 4. It isn’t perfect but averaging the performance for the sake of argument is not egregious. Are you expecting me to write a model to project his stats in excruciating detail? Cmon. Most of you’ll can’t even be bothered to take anything I say half seriously and you actively make fun of me for sperging but then you criticize my argument as intellectually lazy lol.

Okay? When did I say otherwise?

Wow, 8 is double 4? No way! The point is assuming that a player is going to maintain the same pace for an entire season is fucking dumb. It's not intellectually lazy to point out you don't understand the topic you spend half the time on the board sperging out about. Go ask your hereo Nate Silver about how stupid your argument is

After 8 games, Lamar was on pace for 62 TD and he finished with 51. Your argument is still shit.

liam-gallagher.gif

Mame YO

slings rocks
Okay? When did I say otherwise?

Wow, 8 is double 4? No way! The point is assuming that a player is going to maintain the same pace for an entire season is fucking dumb. It's not intellectually lazy to point out you don't understand the topic you spend half the time on the board sperging out about. Go ask your hereo Nate Silver about how stupid your argument is

After 8 games, Lamar was on pace for 62 TD and he finished with 51. Your argument is still shit.
I mentioned Georgia because the main reason you would expect regression is that the upcoming schedule has better defenses. I'm pointing out that the sample size we're using already includes a historically great defense. And again, I don't think it's egregious in the context of this being a chat and not a 538 article that it isn't practical to expect me to go through and individually project every game rather just project the average out. Do whatever you want. Get rid of the best and worst game and it doesn't change anything. omit the ooc schedule, still doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting me to do lol. I realize that it isn't perfect and I never claimed it was. And when I made the argument that Nix is a good Heisman candidate, I made several caveats clear (oregon needs to win out, he probably needs TN and/or tOSU to lose, and he needs to keep his current pace). I don't understand why we're wasting time on how I projected his season out lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
yeah, like I said I wouldn't be sperging about it if it weren't for the reasons I already stated.

For what it's worth I do appreciate that people are actually engaging my arguments tonight instead of just calling me a moron and mocking me while refusing to engage further. the mocking is still happening obviously but at least you'll fuckers are addressing my argument. I'm not demanding agreement, just a good faith response. anyway, the blazers are playing.

Brick

If I see one more fucking post about Oregon footbaw, or comparing Cam Newton to Bo Nix of all people, I will delete the internet. Call the cyberpolice.
he seems upset, DOESN'T HE?

just wait until i pop in here saturday and post a selfie with PREHM

Brick

in row 2 behind the oregon bench. gonna just yell BUMMMMMMMSSSSS at nix the whole game.

also ROD is calling the game. ma'goal is to get a PAPA JOHN style drunk pic with ROD and a GUN2HEAD pic with PREHM.