• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Snorky's Shame

Larussa has done and said some weird stuff in Chicago

Leaving Cease out to die yesterday.
1-2, 2 out intentional walk and the fallout after the game.
Batting Leury Garcia 1st.
Batting Andrew Vaughn 9th.
Completely mismanaging the bullpen.
Playing the corpse of Josh Harrison.
Not knowing the extra inning rule involving the Manfred runner.

Rick Hahn deserves some blame too though. Did nothing to address the need for a 2B and RF except for the cheap route.

That said, I never wanted LaRussa and want him gone as soon as possible. Fuck Reinsdorf.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Machado for mvp. Musgrove for Cy Young.

And wtf are these dodger blue road unis I’ve been seeing. Look like pajamas. :turrible:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Gore would have the MLB ERA lead if he had enough innings. I think Joe is third ATM? Honestly, they're young, but that's a solid playoff 1-2 starters pairing

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I like Manaea too. He works fast. Darvish is hit or miss but is still really good when he is on. Plus a healthy Clev (doubtful).

It nice to actually see them hitting too right before Tatis comes back.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Apparently the teal could be a reference to the roller coaster in Belmont Park, which has a tiny, tiny bit of teal trim. If that's the story, lmao. Belmont Park is known for stabbings, traffic, and general summer mayhem. This color scheme just looks like a @ZackMills Create-a-Team nightmare from The Show. Will be interesting how they spin it, because holy hell it makes no sense...

It's funny because the surfy Anaheim unis are pretty clean, even though Anaheim is 20 minutes from the beach and I can't think of a single surf brand/cultural item that originated there (I guess Vans, but those are more skate than anything, IMO), while SD has literally dozens.

Anaheim could have had something inspired by vintage citrus crate label art that would have worked (the wordmarks and designs on these are generally amazing, one of SoCal's greatest contributions to pop art) but what do I know...

Anaheim-California-Mother-Colony-Orange-Citrus-Fruit-Crate.jpg

s-l500.jpg

51XozOGIX3L._AC_UL640_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Wolfman21

Apparently the teal could be a reference to the roller coaster in Belmont Park, which has a tiny, tiny bit of teal trim. If that's the story, lmao. Belmont Park is known for stabbings, traffic, and general summer mayhem. This color scheme just looks like a @ZackMills Create-a-Team nightmare from The Show. Will be interesting how they spin it, because holy hell it makes no sense...

It's funny because the surfy Anaheim unis are pretty clean, even though Anaheim is 20 minutes from the beach and I can't think of a single surf brand/cultural item that originated there (I guess Vans, but those are more skate than anything, IMO), while SD has literally dozens.

Anaheim could have had something inspired by vintage citrus crate label art that would have worked (the wordmarks and designs on these are generally amazing, one of SoCal's greatest contributions to pop art) but what do I know...

s-l500.jpg

i read on twitter that the colors were derived from road signage of some sort from the area?

ZackMills

Have mercy

s-l500.jpg

My unis were clean. Now, my opponents...

D5u2aYFXoAEO_H1

Wolfman21

I hope not, but i think the Braves may have just lost Ozzie Albies for a while to an achilles

edit: broken foot, not achilles. While much preferred...hes still gonna be out a good long while.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Braves win 13th in a row.

@goblue96 phillies bullpen allows 7 runs in 3 innings :vomit:

Was there. Every Braves HR, and there were many, was a sure shot off the bat.

I follow the Nats closely and I didn’t even know some of the people playing. Two pitchers making debuts that have no business on a roster. I know it’s a rebuild year but there’s a serious lack of AAAA depth that I haven’t seen here in a decade