• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021: Week 6 Thread - Red Barchetta

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
At least BYU knows how to beat ASU at home.

giphy.gif

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I'm on record in saying that by the transitive property Kentucky is much better than Bama so BYU has nothing to be ashamed of. Kentucky is just that good

Understood and agreed. Doe, to me, they aren't San Jose State, to me. Then again, m'wife's a homer for them so what do I know?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Nutopia: Where my going along with a joke means I fell for something or am mad. I truly should know better by now. I tend to keep m'mouth shut about the teams I'm a homer for. But I was feeling good after a colonoscopy and forgot m'role on this dying website.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Fully expect us to give a career day to whoever starts at QB for the Badgers. No way Illinois gets Bert a win vs his old place.

Renegade

Charge on!
Also, which Big 10 teams would you take out of the top 10? Who else are they gonna put in? It's weak as fuck already if they have to have BYU fill up a spot

Say what you will, if BYU goes undefeated, they'll have 7 P5 wins. I don't see how they can leave them out. Cincy is a different matter, I'm sure ESPN will be downtalking the ND win here shortly. I doubt anyone else can beat Bama or Georgia, so they're both in. Then who? OSU if they win out in the B1G? Having a hard time imagining anyone else that will be more deserving than BYU under those circumstances.

Anyway, give me a playoff of Wake, Iowa, BYU, and Cincy.

Ander1345

Assuming it goes all the way to SEC Championship, the argument will basically be SEC Runner up vs the 5th ranked team. If the runner up is Bama, they're in, if it's UGA there's a miniscule chance they're left out depending on how good the 5th team looks.

Ander1345

Yeah, what the dude does in his free time doesn't matter ro me, it's that he did this on top of all the other shitty things.

Canceling a practice at 0-4, "avoiding the team" as some sources are whispering, etc.

What really is just annoying about this whole thing is he'll just manage to fail upward - again.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Yeah, what the dude does in his free time doesn't matter ro me, it's that he did this on top of all the other shitty things.

Canceling a practice at 0-4, "avoiding the team" as some sources are whispering, etc.

What really is just annoying about this whole thing is he'll just manage to fail upward - again.
Fail upward?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Yeah I think the USC administration is making sure of that.

Yeah, but we are the champions of recycling.

Bohn might he trying to get Luke Fickell to come out west, but after going into a church and raping the priest, pretty sure he doesn't want all the shit that goes with an impatient fanbase and an administration that doesn't really want a competitive football team if it means players getting arrested on the reg, bad press, etc.

We will probably end up with Kalani Sitake or Anthony Lynn, or God forbid, Eric Bieniemy.

bruin

The Bieniemy chatter is all agent driven. Other than he’s from Los Angeles, it literally makes no sense.

But yet again, SC did make tee shirts for a OC hire (KLIFF) and put out a 3 page story in the Times about him. Who knows, really.

Ander1345

I think at this point if there was a mutual want he would already be a HC. His name always come up, and yet I think aside from the stupid driven narratives like he's black, got in to trouble when he was younger, etc... There's some real concerns.

For me at least:

1. He's with a HC who is already a proven winner and exercises a ton of control over his team.

2. He happens to be coaching a kid who could end up being one of greatest QB's we will ever see. He won't get a lot of that in college.

3. His closest experience to HC is when he was AHC with the Vikings back in 2010? It screams Nagy/Pedersen flash in the pan all over again, imo. Maybe he's smarter than those two and knows better than to leave.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I think at this point if there was a mutual want he would already be a HC. His name always come up, and yet I think aside from the stupid driven narratives like he's black, got in to trouble when he was younger, etc... There's some real concerns.

For me at least:

1. He's with a HC who is already a proven winner and exercises a ton of control over his team.

2. He happens to be coaching a kid who could end up being one of greatest QB's we will ever see. He won't get a lot of that in college.

3. His closest experience to HC is when he was AHC with the Vikings back in 2010? It screams Nagy/Pedersen flash in the pan all over again, imo. Maybe he's smarter than those two and knows better than to leave.

Yeah, I get the feeling that Bieniemy would be a disaster as a college HC. As mentioned, the only things that he seems to have going for him are that he's under Andy Reid, and he has Pat Mahomes as QB. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who really wants to go into a living room after Saban, Day, Franklin, Dabo, and everyone else has been in there, and try to convince a 17 year old kid to come play for him. The fact that he's been mentioned for a potential NFL HC gig seems like it would push him even further away from wanting to be a college HC.

As far as him being black - sorry to say but I can see that a lot of USC boosters probably won't particularly like a black guy who had a bunch of altercations when he was a young kid and who has (perhaps unfairly) been tagged with the "thug" label. A guy like James Franklin, or Tony Dungy, or Anthony Lynn - would be far more palatable to the south OC booster clubs.

Ander1345

Yeah, I get the feeling that Bieniemy would be a disaster as a college HC. As mentioned, the only things that he seems to have going for him are that he's under Andy Reid, and he has Pat Mahomes as QB. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who really wants to go into a living room after Saban, Day, Franklin, Dabo, and everyone else has been in there, and try to convince a 17 year old kid to come play for him. The fact that he's been mentioned for a potential NFL HC gig seems like it would push him even further away from wanting to be a college HC.

As far as him being black - sorry to say but I can see that a lot of USC boosters probably won't particularly like a black guy who had a bunch of altercations when he was a young kid and who has (perhaps unfairly) been tagged with the "thug" label. A guy like James Franklin, or Tony Dungy, or Anthony Lynn - would be far more palatable to the south OC booster clubs.

Sad to feel like most of them probably find Urban more palatable than any of these candidates.

Ander1345

South OC booster clubs found Ed O’s southern twang “not country club like” and turned them off. Says it all.

Then they complain the school doesn't find the right guy as if the school ever had a chance to.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Cautiously optimistic for Nebraska v. Michigan this week. Think the defense will be able to hold their own against Michigans offense and Martinez and company will be able to move the ball and score some point. Add in it will be a night game for brasky. Michigan just came off a big road win last week, ripe for a let down. Gbr baybee :Devil:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Sad to feel like most of them probably find Urban more palatable than any of these candidates.

Well, maybe not Urban, not with our current university president, but any of Fleck, Campbell, Fickell, would be palatable, as well as the aforementioned "safe" black candidates would probably get hired. Tbf, AD Mike Bohn has actually done a decent job thus far in his tenure, but compared to the last two jokers we had in the post, anyone could be considered to be doing a good job.

bruin

HERMano -13.5 against furd? lmfao. may dump $1000 on that bad boy, ingest 30mg and sit back and cackle all friday night.

discord wwypft LIVE CHAT @bruin ?

Give me FURD and the points. Will be checking in with GAME 1 of the NLDS-Dodgers - Giants

THIS SIM..