• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Raising the Dead

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Let's break this down since the resurrection.

Moscow sends:
P Juan Águilor AA Will be in Camp for '88.
P Munoz AAA Out with a UCL injury
CF Fakhry A Moving up to AA for '88
SS Hwen-thiang Shang AAA Golden Glove Caliber at 3B
SS Ka'im AA a high ankle sprain cost dev time in '87. Staying in AA
2088 1st Round Pick
2089 2nd Round Pick
2090 1st Round Pick
2091 2nd Round Pick

Cairo sends:
SS Sosa WBL
P Woody WBL

edit: Sosa and Woody are W/DFA to bring up AAAA players. Gotta catch Tankee for Sakamoto

@Soonerfan09 thanks for all the fish

Flipped Sosa/Woody and the picks (still have MOS 1st in this draft) for:
another 1/2 arm in Aziz. Egyptian.
Phu will be a solid middle of the order plug-in for LF.
Mukhtar is a strong glove for SS. Will be near bottom of the order. Egyptian coming home.
Lesage fits a similar mold for 2B.
Marquesa/Mosquito will stay in the farm to develop. Blocked atm for 1B/DH, but if injury buy comes knocking can be a fill-in.
Finley and Joaquin (12th pk) will pair for closing duty.
Faulkner (20th pk) is similar to Aguilar/Rios. Ready for some coffee time.

giphy.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I do not get shipping Sosa out, especially for a bunch of late round picks. Why would you not rebuild around this guy?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Its the quality vs. quantity argument.

I've turned that bounty into, what I feel to be, a great contender for seasons to come. 1 injury to Pumpkin and its GG. Felt this roster was aging and had holes to fill in order to legit compete for a chip year in and year out vs. hope for a WC and hot streak.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
One injury to Sosa & then he's only the best 2b or 3b in the game for 15 years :dunno:

We must have different definitions of aging, who was old? Your rotation was I think all 30 or younger, core position players were mostly in their early -mid 20's. :dunno:

Perplexing, but I guess we see how it will play out.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Disn't mean if an injury happens, he moves position. Meant the season hinges on one player to perform. I'll roll with 3's and 4's vs. 2-3 5 stars and a bunch of fill-ins.

Feel this raised the overall talent level of the organization reel quick vs. waiting til 2090 to compete.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Oldies/not in plans in 2-3 years:
P jose garcia. ss petersen. p geng. p rafael garcia. of esqueria. of fransisco garcia. p fritch. ss fifi. p balaski. p collingridge. p doak. 1b/dh gautier. p sanders. p van katwijk. p trigo. p oluyemi. 2b harrison. c barrera

Basically half of the current 40 man.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Disn't mean if an injury happens, he moves position. Meant the season hinges on one player to perform. I'll roll with 3's and 4's vs. 2-3 5 stars and a bunch of fill-ins.

Feel this raised the overall talent level of the organization reel quick vs. waiting til 2090 to compete.

Sounds like you need to go full Mike Ditka and ship me all ur picks for Medakin.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
One injury to Sosa & then he's only the best 2b or 3b in the game for 15 years :dunno:

We must have different definitions of aging, who was old? Your rotation was I think all 30 or younger, core position players were mostly in their early -mid 20's. :dunno:

Perplexing, but I guess we see how it will play out.

I disagree with Figs on Sosa, but a great thing about Figs is he has his own ideas and builds his team around them. He did some 4 man rotations back in the day iirc. Many of us had very similar views and player valuations since we learned the game together, but less variety makes for a stagnant league

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I disagree with Figs on Sosa, but a great thing about Figs is he has his own ideas and builds his team around them. He did some 4 man rotations back in the day iirc. Many of us had very similar views and player valuations since we learned the game together, but less variety makes for a stagnant league
Thanks hermano. I like my speedy, slap-hitters. Multiple stations vs. waiting for the 2/3-hr to come round.

Biggest thing is I pulled the cord on building young talent. Pivoted to trading for fill-ins.
I signed scabs after sending Pumpkin away. Not turrible guys. Had 50 CON mostly. Allowed me to get hte 5th this draft.
AMD @goblue96 is blowing it up. So jumped on his fire sale. Fortunate some targets were EGY to boot.

@Reel e. lookng forward to how this plays against SEO and the stable of arms for NDR. @Karl Hungus @Travis7401

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
This last trade with MIAMI and LV solidifies my target of upgrading the middle infield. The roster rebuild is COMPLETE.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
2090 DRAFT

FB sent the 1-8,12,14 over to the Tuts for their 2091 1st and 2094 1st & 2nd rounders.

The Moscow - Cairo buster comes back to haunt the league once more. [1-14 MOS>CAI>AMD>FB>CAI]

1-8:
Pong-su Kim

1-9:
Vito Groothuijzen

1-12:
Halil Evren

1-14:
Polibio Gandavo

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
He's mad I didn't wait for his 10pm export.
I’m mad that on one of the more important sims in each season (2nd-4th in FA is when 80pct of the players sign) and you choose to advance with 4 or 5 exports. This was planned from November to have enough budget to go after Berlin pitching trio and all time and energy that went into this goes right out the cotdamn window.
Not knowing if it’s a mroing, lunch or an evening sim has gone on long enough. 6 months in on this again and nothing changes except the unexpected.
Oh, and heaven forbid we wait on you at a fucking minor league game!!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
You had 24 hours to get an export in!

God forbid I don't run this godforsaken sim at exactly the same time day in, day out for you. In the future I'll be sure to confirm that plans with my life don't affect the sim schedule of a fake online baseball league. Christ.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ur supposed to sim at the exact same time, while also waiting to sim until you have more than 4 or 5 exports (lol, we’d be waiting months!)

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
And according to that chart, both his last two exports did take. So maybe he got high & forgot to confirm the contract offers? Or maybe Marisco preferred Vegas?
Do you have to confirm them now or do you just leave them if the BUMS favour ur offer?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You had 24 hours to get an export in!

God forbid I don't run this godforsaken sim at exactly the same time day in, day out for you. In the future I'll be sure to confirm that plans with my life don't affect the sim schedule of a fake online baseball league. Christ.
It’s a hobby we all care about. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be pissed at what feels like time wasted over the last half of a year.
Consistency is what I was asking for. And it’s apparent there is none in the roulette wheel of time you choose to get to the daily task of wearing the commish troghat.
Lol, go fuck yourself
What does this have to do with the price of eggs? Fuck off monkey boy.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fucking ungrateful dickhead. Seriously, go fuck yourself. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it is to be a commissioner and sim on a daily basis and then put up with whining from someone who couldn't get an export in with 24 hours.

"choose to wear the commish troghat." We're lucky as shit he's put up with near daily simming for ungrateful trogs for several years. I would have deleted the league so many times!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
JFC.

Complain all you want about how my sim times are inconsistent, whatever. Go back and look at the league announcement thread. All the posts new enough to show times are within about an hour or so of being 24 hrs apart.

If there's a time when I have to switch from evening sims to morning, I'm not immediately simming again 12 hours later just to fit my schedule. I end up waiting like 36 hours so to not screw anyone over. I always hold it up if someone tells me they still need to export. If anything I'm too lenient with you'll. No one in this league should EVER be complaining about how there wasn't enough time to get a sim in.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Fucking ungrateful dickhead. Seriously, go fuck yourself. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it is to be a commissioner and sim on a daily basis and then put up with whining from someone who couldn't get an export in with 24 hours.

"choose to wear the commish troghat." We're lucky as shit he's put up with near daily simming for ungrateful trogs for several years. I would have deleted the league so many times!
Poor @Yankee151 another @osick?