• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
if Karl was purposefully making a team lose, I have no idea why he would pick Tijuana over Kabul as much as he hates my opinion on non-baseball related things. I think the fact that my team isn't in the basement every season and is actually on the way to the playoffs this season is proof enough that karl isn't just out there tanking teams on a whim

Yeah, but this way round is far more amusing.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I certainly never told you this, as this is the first time I'm hearing that dev budgets only work in multiples of $6M. How would anyone figure that out? :laughing:
giphy.gif

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Or be like me @hayvis and trade prolly the best discovery in team history. :thumbsup:

You can elect to rid yourself of them and cover your deficiencies in the draft. Or I'll do it for you. :laughing:Drafting too easy with these feeders and stats, imo.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
FB might end up with three 50-hr guys
FB has 239 HR's... I looked up the record-- 329 by @OU11 Amsterdam in '70. They had 8 guys with 24+ HR including Wolf had 62 and Bello 59.

I have the JV record (270). I only had one guy with 30+ but had 8 with 15+ and 23 different players hit a HR.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
There's a very simple thing you can do to boost Scouting Discoveries that Karl, Travis and a few others know about, and yet people like @doh have no idea.
In fairness, I have no clue how pops/auto IFA works. I haven't really messed with it. There was the WOOLROIDS theory that $0 into it would get you GOATs. Then again, he might have been saying that as a cover for @Wooly being an El Cheato Grande.

I haven't gotten a good auto IFA in a long time. But I also haven't really cared/looked much into it. I spend my 5 min a day looking for two-way players, adjusting lineups/openers and putting guys on IL.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Looking at this, I think not qualifying for the playoffs seems to be the league penalty for hitting the most home runs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
What most of you don't seem to get into your heads is that controversy is what makes the league interesting. When the league eventually dies, you're not going to remember how a fictional baseball player went on a hot streak or Seoul winning the 2086 chumpionship or whatever (if you do fucking kill me Pete). You're going to remember the human elements of the game. Nothing makes my heart sink more or make me want to stop playing like finding some chud listing a load of stats from their players that no-one cares about.

The things you will talk about when this is dead are my ranting, the Wooly saga, maybe a few of the ridiculous trades/ human elements, and arguments over the direction the league should take. It's no coincidence that the league goes flat and dead when none of this happens. It's people that make it interesting. I love you all and when this league is full of controversy and no-one can agree on anything, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyway, let's get back to the point @Karl Hungus is cheating the sims, and half of the teams are running cheese to gain an advantage. Dat 12% probability in both divisions.... :nebraskaman::nebraskaman::laughing::nebraskaman::laughing:
Guess I’m a chud because absolutely none of this is true to me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Also all these supposed exploits have been talked about a bunch. This goes back to @osick days. I ran nearly all my scouting into international and 30m+ dev budgets for a while. I never got shit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I certainly never told you this, as this is the first time I'm hearing that dev budgets only work in multiples of $6M. How would anyone figure that out? :laughing:

I believe it was mentioned in the #spreadsheets thread that you hate!

It’s multiples of the league baseline, fwiw, and it was mentioned in some developer post like 8 versions ago so who knows if it still works that way?’

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I believe it was mentioned in the #spreadsheets thread that you hate!

It’s multiples of the league baseline, fwiw, and it was mentioned in some developer post like 8 versions ago so who knows if it still works that way?’
I think the post we all referenced said after double baseline you get diminishing returns. I don’t remember anything about multiples of 6 being some cheat code.

jdlikewhoa

@Karl Hungus @Mr. Radpants - I mean, dev budgets are probably a problem too. I remember when you told me they are only effective in multiples of $6 million. How many others know of this exploit?

There was definitely some discussion of this like 20 in game years ago. Or maybe even in the UBL. but I think it was theoretical and very out in the open. Or maybe it was Travis’ theory when he was sperging about pivot tables and hiding stats in flood plain maps.

jdlikewhoa

I’m still confused why @hayvis is shocked that a game mechanic that increases the likelihood of scouting discoveries and better player development if you dump money into those areas works like it’s supposed to

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I’m still confused why @hayvis is shocked that a game mechanic that increases the likelihood of scouting discoveries and better player development if you dump money into those areas works like it’s supposed to

I'm not surprised at all. What gave you that impression? I'm shocked that @Orlando thinks that it doesn't.......

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@hayvis ... what’s on tap for tomorrow? Outrage that having a higher draft pick nets you a better prospect? Or throwing a better contract at a FA causes him to sign with you?

At this point, JD we're arguing the same point. As I said, it's Orlando and a couple of others that believe that min/maxing the scouting budget doesn't get you discoveries. What job should I do btw?

jdlikewhoa

At this point, JD we're arguing the same point. As I said, it's Orlando and a couple of others that believe that min/maxing the scouting budget doesn't get you discoveries. What job should I do btw?

Personal shopper. Can you find me these Kobes?

9638c6639421ece34e3a22dfab0ddd03.jpg

jdlikewhoa

I honestly think out of everybody in the league I'm one of the people who complains the least. If you look at all the arguments and complaints about IFA just for example, I barely feature.

I know you’re trapping. But not me, not today.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Rad stirred up a whole Hornets nest to ban IFA altogether. I've always said I don't mind either way. It's such a long and drawn out argument that still nothing's been done. Not naming names but several people threaten every year to quit. I've always maintained that I will never quit,just to annoy all of you. The list is endless of other people's complaints.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You should be on my side anyway @JD- we have the biggest hitting teams in the league and are being unjustly cheated out of our rightful playoff births.

jdlikewhoa

Rad stirred up a whole Hornets nest to ban IFA altogether. I've always said I don't mind either way. It's such a long and drawn out argument that still nothing's been done. Not naming names but several people threaten every year to quit. I've always maintained that I will never quit,just to annoy all of you. The list is endless of other people's complaints.

Threatening to quit is the oldest of the age old OOTP schtick.

It’s hidden between the development budget only being effective in multiples of $6m and maxing your scouting to generate GOAT discoveries in the WBL tutorial spreadsheet

I’d send you a copy but I don’t have the time to get out to Cowboy County to track down Travis’ client’s map.