• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Unless you can tell me who to waive in the next 15 minutes, he's going to have to sit in DFA for the week. Your 40 man is full.
Well shit. lol
Didn't check to see if he had a WBL-contract already

Edit: All taken care of.

Last edited:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@hayvis Allow me to introduce to you a player by the name of Paul Chesters. He was the gem in the trade with @Orlando for 'Silky'.
9G into his age 24 season, with a FIP- of 72, he gets struck down by the gods.

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
and the Las Vegas devastating pitching injury happens!

Oh fluffy

EDIT: and Yu is done for next year too... could be a career ender! :laughing:

Wolfman21

man...a blown 9th inning 7-3 lead and a 1-0 loss where we had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 3rd inning and couldn't score anyone away from a 7-0 week against two playoff teams. The rubberband has really smacked Jack Miller in the face. He was hitting .330 with 18 homers and on pace for 7+ WAR after two months. Now hes hitting .270 and hasn't had a month where his OBP is over .315 since may. This for a guy whos career OBP is .360. And his ratings are dropping. I guess the contract i signed him to that runs out next season was about perfect.

jdlikewhoa

Brass losers of 5 straight @hayvis
False Bay 7 @jdlikewhoa

Idk why I've won 8.

giphy.gif
My SP is terrible as a whole rotation. I can't believe we didn't fade sooner, but we definitely exceeded expectations this season. If I had paid more attention and nursed these BUMS we probably could've made the playoffs, but I think it's too late now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My SP is terrible as a whole rotation. I can't believe we didn't fade sooner, but we definitely exceeded expectations this season. If I had paid more attention and nursed these BUMS we probably could've made the playoffs, but I think it's too late now.
We’re terrible so I wouldn’t give up quite yet!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Colour me surprised that two weeks ago our stats plus ran 5000 sims of remaining games, giving me an 88% percent chance of reaching the playoffs and Miami just 33%. Tony hasn't been playing, but after what seems like a titanic effortr @Karl Hungus manages to find the 12% of 5000 sims that pushes me to this situation (with an 81-69 pythagorean record no less). No injuries, not many changes, and as I say, the rival beating me had a very low chance of reaching the playoffs (according to 5000 sims) and not even playing the game. Just apparently astonishing bad luck.

How do you find this magic, Karl?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Colour me surprised that two weeks ago our stats plus ran 5000 sims of remaining games, giving me an 88% percent chance of reaching the playoffs and Miami just 33%. Tony hasn't been playing, but after what seems like a titanic effortr @Karl Hungus manages to find the 12% of 5000 sims that pushes me to this situation (with an 81-69 pythagorean record no less). No injuries, not many changes, and as I say, the rival beating me had a very low chance of reaching the playoffs (according to 5000 sims) and not even playing the game. Just apparently astonishing bad luck.

How do you find this magic, Karl?

He making you shit ur pants for moving from the mega-opolis of Paris, TX.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Apparently the game always works against the odds that are produced by running 5000 sims.... I've never known it to do otherwise, which makes me fairly suspicious.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
COLOUR IS NOT NORMAL

Interestingly, Helsingborg with an even more odds defying leap than Tony, and False Bay plummeting on the same odds as me. Chances of those two scenarios both happening at the same time are mathematically even lower than 12% (although I don't know the roster changes in World League). :laughing:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just for a reference point, there was less chance of this happening than if Karl picked up two dice and rolled a double six with his first throw.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@fignuts - I mean let's be honest here. There are so many people already that cheat the game without telling others about the glitch, that it would be stupid to trust most people to sim our league.

There's a very simple thing you can do to boost Scouting Discoveries that Karl, Travis and a few others know about, and yet people like @doh have no idea. You just run max budget in scouting all into int, and at the same time boost the dev budget to max, and presto - RUN IT ON AN OFFLINE AND WATCH. It's how I'm competing and not having my drafts completely shit on me (it also helps finding IFAs). It's total cheese with the way our league is set up, and the type of thing most on here would be laughing their heads off at Madden for. If we were running the league fairly, we should have made this open a long time ago and found a way of dealing with it.

So why should we trust that the league is being run at all fairly???

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@fignuts - Run it like this, and max out your player dev too. This should have been out there a long time ago. I benefited (after I worked out what was going on), and it's completely unfair -

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have tried it. Also there is no dev max

Ok mr semantics, proportionately high development. This shit is fucking crap that should be a sticky on our forum. I got 0 discoveries and 0 decent IFAs until I did that cheese. It works.

jdlikewhoa

Tbf doing this isn't a zero consequence move, so I don't think you can call it cheese. Our budgets aren't limitless and there's certainly a trade off when you're sending $30m+ of your CAP SPACE into the ether.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Tbf doing this isn't a zero consequence move, so I don't think you can call it cheese. Our budgets aren't limitless and there's certainly a trade off when you're sending $30m+ of your CAP SPACE into the ether.

Even if it wasn't quite cheese (which I absolutely don't agree with), it should absolutely be something that the league is open about - especially with some of the conversations we've been having about IFAs/Discoveries.

But it is cheese. It's helped me no end, as I am terrible at drafting. That part of the game does not work properly at all.

jdlikewhoa

Even if it wasn't quite cheese (which I absolutely don't agree with), it should absolutely be something that the league is open about - especially with some of the conversations we've been having about IFAs/Discoveries.

But it is cheese. It's helped me no end, as I am terrible at drafting. That part of the game does not work properly at all.
Are you saying that spending more money in scouting shouldn't net you more discoveries than someone spending nothing? Or that players shouldn't develop better for teams that spend more in development? Isn't that a pretty logical/self explanatory mechanic?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
And also @jdlikewhoa - why the fuck should we trust at all that the league is being run fairly, when we've never even discussed this most basic of issues. Even if it's only potentially cheese (which it isn't), it's a big, big issue with our league.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Are you saying that spending more money in scouting shouldn't net you more discoveries than someone spending nothing? Or that players shouldn't develop better for teams that spend more in development? Isn't that a pretty logical/self explanatory mechanic?

I'm saying THIS is cheese. I don't think anyone but a cheat would disagree -

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday

giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The league lacks integrity because we haven't talked about how the more you spend on scouting/development, the better you perform in those categories?

It's a fucking glitch in the game. Newcomers that don't know about it are at a disadvantage in international players, which is the main source of the entire league's talent. These are not settinga that you would naturally try out or that anyone would think realistic or intuitive. It's cheese.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@jdlikewhoa , @fignuts - You can tell who i the league does it, from their talent pool.

I've also literally waited about 7 seasons before saying this, as I wanted to show the effect on my team. Before I used this cheese all of my scouting discoveries/IFAs were utter shit.

jdlikewhoa

It's a fucking glitch in the game. Newcomers that don't know about it are at a disadvantage in international players, which is the main source of the entire league's talent. These are not settinga that you would naturally try out or that anyone would think realistic or intuitive. It's cheese.