• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Are you from PD looking for evidence on @brick, sir? The Miami Hurricanes Thread aka Baseless Rumors Corner

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Gotcha. I’m just jealous of ur corching search that lasted 30 minutes. Vols like to spend months. They still haven’t hired an OC after more than a month lol.

Well God knows who we're going to hire as an OC.

This is why I wanted an offensive coach in the first place. We can scrape together a defense on talent alone. OU just went to the playoff without playing a single snap of defense all season.

But watching this offense jerk off for the last 15 years has been insufferable.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It's just weird to me that people who have no actual investment in any program, let alone mine, get so fucking upset and cynical about this stuff.

It's a game. Fucking live your life. Let people enjoy things.
They aren’t actually upset. It’s just the shtick in the cfb forum. The trolling is all in fun. The only corches @Brick and @bruin228 like are Leach and Chip Kelly. Everyone else sucks.

GuyIncognito

The same Chip Kelly that got run the fuck out of the NFL?

I've been the biggest advocate of Miami hiring Leach since they fired Coker, so it can't be that that they're always whining about.

Renegade

Charge on!
The thing is that Miami can't pay top dollar for a coordinator on the opposite side of the ball from the HC. So we get the Manny Diaz problem. Two good years and they bolt.

If I have to choose, I'd rather light it up on offense and then try to scrape a defensive scheme together than have a top flight defense that has to force 4 turnovers and block a punt for us to be competitive.

I don't know why Strong or Butch would be more attractive than Heupel or Kingsbury.

Heupel has a $10m buyout.

Brick

very funny that they ran him out of town after their only successful seasons post-coker. i would leave too!
all it took was you misreading the post?

miami has finished the season ranked in the ap poll three times since coker left. two of them were richt, and he has the only 10 win season. only other ranked season was shannon in 2009.

GuyIncognito

He wasn't fired after those seasons. Derp.

So I didn't misread your post. You said something demonstrably stupid and got caught.

He was "run off" after a 7-6 abortion (which Golden and Shannon both exceeded). And anyone who actually watched the fucking team play this season would not be whining about Richt or UM thinking it was a good time to separate.

Brick

yes, it is like saying a coach who last won a national title 10 years before he was sent out to pasture, is similar to a coach being ran out after playing in the orange bowl a calendar year ago.

GuyIncognito

And again, anybody who actually watches the games would know that that team last year could have *easily* been 6-6 instead of 10-3.

They would know that the offense fell apart. They would have watched the games this season and seen the offense not getting any better. They would see with Diaz leaving and the abject failure of anything to develop on offense, especially at the QB spot, this team was coming apart.

But you don't watch the games, so why would you know any of that?

I mean seriously, we're getting "hurr, Miami WAS BACK!" shit from you right now?

GuyIncognito

Miami, despite having its NFL, coaching, and playing pedigrees and being located smack in the middle of the best recruiting territory in America, should just be fine going 7-6 every season and fluking their way to a 10 win season every decade or so.

Fuck me. Again, this is why people who don't watch games or know anything about our program are so obnoxious. And yet they're so infatuated with us.

Brick

richt is MIAMI MAN, went 83-37 in the SEC, finished in the top ten 7 times, won the league twice, has ten 10 win seasons, and this past season was his second worst record as head coach. he's had a losing conference record once in his career.

but by all means, let's eye test it.

GuyIncognito

I'm still trying to figure out why Miami fired Larry Coker after going undefeated and winning a national title. It just boggles the mind.

GuyIncognito

And holy fuck at "doesn't have a losing conference record" in the goddamn ACC. Stop the presses. He went 4-4 in the ACC everybody! And he managed that without even playing Clemson.

With standards like that, it's amazing that you shit on every other coaching candidate.

Brick

Maybe worry about your program, that can pay anybody as much money as they want and still can't buy a title.
i don't care anymore. i let that die with my futile phil steele dreams and lsu angst. plus i don't have a real affiliation with the school so i would Never Understand

i'm just on team All Coaches Are Bad (except richt)

GuyIncognito

If 7-6 (4-4) and getting railed in a bowl game is acceptable to you then we can hire anybody we want. And your incessant whining about our coaching choices doesn't make a lick of sense.

Al Golden can do that. So can Randy Shannon. So could Larry Coker.

So could virtually anybody in this shitty conference with the amount of talent Miami has on its doorstep every season.

GuyIncognito

The upside of Richt was that while he wasn't going to win a bunch of titles, he was at least going to win the games Miami should win. Well it turned out that wasn't true.

The offense was atrocious (you know, if you actually watched it). It was obvious to everyone that Richt had to bring somebody in to run it for him and as far as anyone can tell he wasn't willing to do that.

The defense was championship caliber, but under the guidance of a DC who saw the writing on the wall and split. Richt wasn't even willing to bring in a DC, he was just going to have guys already on the staff try to copy Manny's defense.

It was a shitshow, and Richt is doing the right thing. He saw the state the program was in and he decided to walk away. I have no problem with that at all.

If the only reason he didn't retire after UGA is because he wanted to call plays and coach QBs, well then the game has passed him by and it's good that he recognized that before things got really ugly.

GuyIncognito

Travis doesn't say stupid shit like 7-6 is the best season Miami has had since Larry Coker.

Anybody who watched this team play this season and looked at what we have coming back next season, minus Diaz and with Richt's refusal to hire an OC, and is still talking about "the most successful seasons since Coker left" doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

GuyIncognito

If you won't take it from me then take it from the recruits who were bailing out of that class like rats from a ship.

Keith1212

This was Keith's problem too, except at least he was actually a Miami fan, not just some random troll who has to take out his frustrations with his failed hobby on other people's enjoyment of a game.

He got so invested in this shit that he was just miserable all the time, and when you combine a false sense of expertise with a refusal to acknowledge the constraints of the situation, you're going to end up being a miserable fuck and a troll.

It was hard for me to come to grips with what Miami is. I'm nowhere near as emotionally invested anymore :grin:

GuyIncognito

The style where you say ridiculous shit and people call you on it instead of just ignoring you like everyone else does?

GuyIncognito

Can you honestly say, based on your "expert analysis" of the Miami program that things were going to get better any time soon?

That Richt's offensive philosophy was going to figure itself out and suddenly start working? That the defense was going to benefit from Manny leaving and Richt refusing to hire someone else?

Do you have an argument for why terrible recruiting classes are actually a good thing? And why we really only need two or three offensive players in this recruiting class anyway?

Can you actually say any of that, or can you just admit you're being a troll?

GuyIncognito

No, it was a circlejerk. Despite Brick's insistence that it's the best season in 14 years or whatever, it wasn't.

If you've ever watched a team with a top-flight defense and a totally inept offense, it was like that. We get nothing out of the QB spot, we get nothing out of the playcalling, and it wasn't getting any better because Richt wasn't willing to give up any of that responsibility. Recruits started bailing, the DC left to go to *fucking Temple,* the whole thing was just coming apart at the seams.

Wisconsin werewolfed us 35-3 in the bowl game and we never even showed up. It could have been 70-3 if they'd wanted it to be.

I'm pretty laid back about this stuff. I don't mind a bad season every so often. But the trajectory of this team was all downward from here.

There was absolutely no reason to think things were going to get better, there was nothing to look forward to, and apparently Richt agreed.

Brick

i have worked years, YEARS to get mak to snap at me like that. phil steele burn and all. only wish it came on new year's day.
an you actually say any of that, or can you just admit you're being a troll?
i did with my first response, *i think*

but i am waiting for you to tell me what that post really means. to be sure, i captured it in this post for easy reference.