• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Are you from PD looking for evidence on @brick, sir? The Miami Hurricanes Thread aka Baseless Rumors Corner

bruin

Oregon just landed a top 5 recruiting class and 95 % of the CROOTS were from southern ca.

and LOL at UM being a better job. Phil Knight overlord must not be on Dodd's salary.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Cristobal will be a top recruiter wherever he goes.

He's got a much easier job at Oregon and they can obviously pay a lot better than Miami.

The only advantage Miami has aside from recruiting is that Cristobal was born and raised and played there. How much that matters to him is his deal.

All things being equal, it would make more sense to stay at Oregon.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I called Richt last time. I’m gonna think about it and see if I can come up with it. There are 3 people who would say yes immediately. Butch Davis, Kiffin and Charlie Skrong. I think one of them gets the gig. They ain’t gonna pay the buyout for Mario.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Bet it’s ray Lewis and Ed reed lol.

This is part of their problem imo. Their former players have way too much sway in what happens. And many of them are acting like 2 Live Crew is charting, Pablo Escobar is running a Narco state, and Miami Vice is a hit show. In other words, they want to act like it is 1988. A lot has changed in 30 years. And when Miami doesnt perform like it is 1988 they lead the charge to fire the coach. Which high profile coach in their right mind wants to deal with that crap?

GuyIncognito

The thing is that Miami can't pay top dollar for a coordinator on the opposite side of the ball from the HC. So we get the Manny Diaz problem. Two good years and they bolt.

If I have to choose, I'd rather light it up on offense and then try to scrape a defensive scheme together than have a top flight defense that has to force 4 turnovers and block a punt for us to be competitive.

I don't know why Strong or Butch would be more attractive than Heupel or Kingsbury.

CJ_24

I'm still reeling from the suggestions of Rex Ryan or Lane Kiffin with Randy Shannon. My God, this hire could get ugly.

GuyIncognito

If Schiano, Kiffin, Ryan, and Strong were actually being considered then whatever. This is better than all of those.

But I still think we're going to be languishing on offense unless we just luck into some up and comer OC.

GuyIncognito

Derp. Somehow I don't think the troll who says this 7-6 abortion was "the only successful season since Coker" should be taken seriously in this thread.

I very obviously conditioned my tepid support for this hire on the alternatives being mentioned and said repeatedly that I would prefer an offensive coach.

The fact that you are always unhappy with everything is because you're too invested in this meaningless shit. It's just a game. If we make a bad hire then we suck for a couple years and hire someone else. Who cares?

I'm sorry your shitty phil steele career didn't work out for you.

GuyIncognito

And people who don't know anything about our program and don't understand the constraints we have to deal with can be relied on to make stupid predictions every time this comes up. Because they don't know what they're talking about.

They think playing a college football videogame made them experts in how college programs operate, but it didn't.

GuyIncognito

I'm not mad at all. I'm just highlighting for people how ignorant phil steele is about our program.

7-6 is not the "only successful season since Coker," whatever the fuck that means. Literally every coach since Coker put in a better season than that.

He thinks we should hire Nick Saban but doesn't understand that unlike his winless program, ours can't just print money and hire whoever we want.

CJ_24

I think Mak is simply expressing, what I think, the general sentiment of Canes fans on this board. If the team wins, great, we'll enjoy it. If they don't, we'll be temporarily frustrated, then move on. I think the Canes fans on this board accepted a long, long time ago that this program does not have the infrastructue to re-live the runs from the 80's and 2000's; so we don't get emotionally invested in trying to return to that level.

GuyIncognito

Lol I must have missed that. I thought you were just teasing brick about Phil Steele. Is he still alive? What did he say?

I am teasing him about Phil Steele.

Brick said that we fired Richt after the only successful season since Coker. Which is obviously trolling because it's so stupid and demonstrably incorrect.

GuyIncognito

It's just weird to me that people who have no actual investment in any program, let alone mine, get so fucking upset and cynical about this stuff.

It's a game. Fucking live your life. Let people enjoy things.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I am teasing him about Phil Steele.

Brick said that we fired Richt after the only successful season since Coker. Which is obviously trolling because it's so stupid and demonstratively incorrect.
Gotcha. I’m just jealous of ur corching search that lasted 30 minutes. Vols like to spend months. They still haven’t hired an OC after more than a month lol.

GuyIncognito

This was Keith's problem too, except at least he was actually a Miami fan, not just some random troll who has to take out his frustrations with his failed hobby on other people's enjoyment of a game.

He got so invested in this shit that he was just miserable all the time, and when you combine a false sense of expertise with a refusal to acknowledge the constraints of the situation, you're going to end up being a miserable fuck and a troll.