• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Playoffs and Bowels Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Lol at starzzzzzzzzzzz

How many top 10 classes did CHip bring in at Oregon again?

He was consistently in the top 20, which is very different than being 49th. Recruiting does matter. It doesn't matter that much when you get into the top 10-15, but the difference between that and 50th is big.

bruin

I get it. Chip using his methods I guess. UCLA also gave out the least number of offers out of any power 5 school in the nation.

They’ll finish strong in January and finish with a top 25-30 class. Not going to get all up in arms over rivallzzzz at the moment doe.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU with its third straight top 10 class. They haven't done that in a long time. Still a chance to grab Jadon Haselwood (#1 WR on 247) and land Justin Fields from UGA, 2018's #1 dual threat QB and #2 overall.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I get it. Chip using his methods I guess. UCLA also gave out the least number of offers out of any power 5 school in the nation.

They’ll finish strong in January and finish with a top 25-30 class. Not going to get all up in arms over rivallzzzz at the moment doe.

Are there enough uncommitted recruits out there to get UCLA to that level?

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU did meh. Considering the disaster going on in Tally, a #13 class on rivals is pretty solid imo. But we still failed to fully address the offensive line and the QB situation is still a disaster. Guess we will see what can happen between now and Feb to fix it.

Smashmouth

Jimbo at Texas A&M currently ranked 3rd behind Bama and UGA.

I always thought A&M joining the SEC was a recipe for hardware as long as they brought in a coach to do it.

Smashmouth

OU with its third straight top 10 class. They haven't done that in a long time. Still a chance to grab Jadon Haselwood (#1 WR on 247) and land Justin Fields from UGA, 2018's #1 dual threat QB and #2 overall.

Stuff I’ve read seems to me that he’s looking at Ohio State over the rest to me. Guess it depends on Haskins going pro or not. OU hauled in their next QB, some kid named Rattler outta Zona. Sick lol

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Stuff I’ve read seems to me that he’s looking at Ohio State over the rest to me. Guess it depends on Haskins going pro or not. OU hauled in their next QB, some kid named Rattler outta Zona. Sick lol

Yeah, unfortunately Rattler won't be here until the summer. Getting Fields if he gets a waiver to play immediately would let OU redshirt Rattler. If Fields goes to Ohio State then OU has a couple of guys who could be good. Not Mayfield or Murray good, but OU's offense is built to make it easy for a QB to at least be solid.

Smashmouth

Yeah, unfortunately Rattler won't be here until the summer. Getting Fields if he gets a waiver to play immediately would let OU redshirt Rattler. If Fields goes to Ohio State then OU has a couple of guys who could be good. Not Mayfield or Murray good, but OU's offense is built to make it easy for a QB to at least be solid.

True. Idk if Fields will get that waiver but that’s a good point (hardship wtf). I’d take the seasoned SO QB over the true freshman. Fields will be good anywhere he goes

Skeeter

Uber felon
Fields likely going to Ohio State. He will get the hardship because the racist fucks at uga made him feel unsafe. Lol

Who's going to fight that request? Not uga...certainly not the NCAA .

Ou probably gets the wr doe

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Nebraska will finish with a top 25 crooting class (#1 in our hearts) possibly in top 20 if a safety from AZ signs up. Can't complain coming off b2b 4-8 seasons.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Supposedly Haselwood has already signed his LOI with OU but isn't announcing it until whichever all star game he's playing in.

SOURCES, grain assault, etc.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
In the Juan Gaspar Is A Really Bad Hombre Bowl, a.k.a. the Hispanic Yard Workers Who Mow My Lawn Bowl, a.k.a. the Imaginary Tampa Butt Pirate Not From East Carolina Bowl, South Florida turned into roast beef!
No Bull. The Herd Is the Word. have you herd?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

I read this as "UCLA also gave out the least number of dollars out of any power 5 school in the nation."

Meh. Chip gonna Chip. He's a coach who can actually develop talent, so even with a middling class, Juicy will be fine.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I don’t follow recruiting anymore but I did see Tennessee’s class so far is ranked 12th. Sounds pretty damn good especially off back to back losing seasons but Tennessee has always recruited well. Then I looked and saw that Tennessee is 5th in the SEC lol.

F I F fiiiiiffff.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I don’t follow recruiting anymore but I did see Tennessee’s class so far is ranked 12th. Sounds pretty damn good especially off back to back losing seasons but Tennessee has always recruited well. Then I looked and saw that Tennessee is 5th in the SEC lol.

F I F fiiiiiffff.

SEC has a haul this year. Fisher with the 3rd ranked overall class. Problem, two teams in his own conference ahead of him. Mullen getting all this praise for the class he brought in. 8th in the SEC.

CJ_24

How much of 'crootin' rankings are circular? Players are ranked highly because certain school (Alabama, Florida, etc.) covet them. Then those schools 'croot classes receive high marks because they signed the players they coveted.

Lightningwar

Administrator
How much of 'crootin' rankings are circular? Players are ranked highly because certain school (Alabama, Florida, etc.) covet them. Then those schools 'croot classes receive high marks because they signed the players they coveted.

There is some circular rankings. When a guy who is a nobody gets a bunch of offers from high profile programs his ranking will go up, see Devonta Freeman. Fisher offered him before he was even known. He ended up a 4 star.

And recruiting is an inexact science. As a lot of these guys get ranked by going to camps. Cant afford a camp? Probably wont be ranked very high.

And regardless of player\class rank. The players still needs to be developed. See FSU after their NC. Avg class rank on rivals 3, avg player score in the 3.7s from 2014-2017 under Fisher. Produced zero ACC championships, and a 10-10 ACC record over his last 20 ACC games. Classes 2010-2013 averaged a class rank of 7, avg player score in the 3.5s. Produced 3 ACC championships and a national championship. The difference? After 2012\2013 seasons talent drain on the coaching side caught up. Player development flopped. Further proof? 2012-2014 teams produced 30 drafted players. 2015-2017 teams produced ~12 I believe. Development sucked ass and so the production on the field suffered as well. Cratering in 2017 and 2018.

bruin

Chip’s going in a different route than UCLA coaches of the past. Going after the 3* kids with a chip on their shoulder rather than a 5* spoon fed thinking they’re the greatest. Of course you’re going to sprinkle in a 4* here and there. But he’s said he wants kids who want to work.

UCLA arguably has one of the best facilities in the country now. About time. He’s said he and his staff are going after a certain type of kid. Can’t even begin to judge till his first whole class is completed.

Brick

the thing with CROOTIN rankings is you can use them as confirmation bias for whatever argument you want.

search: @DeadMan

high crootin classes and bad results: SEE CORCH CANT DEVELOP PLAYERS ONCE THEY GET HERE!

high crootin class with great results: PLAYERZ WIN GAMES NOT CORCHES!

a couple high ranking players leave the progrum and new corch comes in: CUPBOARD BARE CUPBOARD BARE DONE DEAL

low/mediocre CROOT rankings and anything less than a playoff appearance every year: WE NEED A CORCH TO CROOT US TO THE NEXT LEVEL

LOX LOX LOX LOX LOX

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
The last home game for Team Hachiko de Hawaii beckons. Come hither, Bulldogs of the Tech. The Fortuitous Farmer will drink deep in mai tais tonight allez!

Brick

except paying for lamichael james that oregon offense on the undefeated team had remarkably average rivallllzzz players. maehl was a 3 star db, paulson and barner were 3 stars, tuenei was juco.

coogrfan

The whole process is a fucking farce. Two examples.

D'Eriq King - https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/DEriq-King-at-Manvel-66999/RecruitRankHistory/

Received offers from Baylor, Cal, Clemson, K State, Louisville, Michigan State, Mizzou, Rutgers, TCU, Texas Tech, UCLA and Washington. Committed to TCU in Jan 2015, saw his class ranking steadily rise until he announced in Dec 2015 that he would be decommitting from TCU and would attend Houston. As a result his class ranking dropped 178 spots in a month.

Tyrie Cleveland - https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Tyrie-Cleveland-at-Westfield-90130/RecruitRankHistory/

Consensus elite wr prospect, class ranking dropped 8 spots when he committed to Houston in Dec 2015. Flipped to Florida a month later and saw his ranking increase by 37 spots.