• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

Lightningwar

Administrator
Hard to believe #13 was thrown a ball in OT. He was non-existent the first 6 OTs. College imo gets OT wrong. NFL style rules work better imo.

bruin

Who the fuck are these FS1 announcers ? They’re acting like Utah clinched the GOAT comeback in this holy war. It’s still a one score game lol

Bdub

Who the fuck are these FS1 announcers ? They’re acting like Utah clinched the GOAT comeback in this holy war. It’s still a one score game lol
Did you watch the game? I haven't seen Utah play that awful of a half in years or BYU play that good. They were down 3 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
he needed a TD regardless, and he voluntarily gave up the last chance he might have had. it "worked" because tate botched a simple handoff and gave them the ball back. HERMANO handed the ball back to an offense that put up 40 on them and punted only three times, so he could cut the lead from 8 to 5.

who cares that they won. if arizona kept the ball until the end of the game everyone would be talking about how he voluntarily gave up a chance to tie the game. if you think he is some evil genius for looking ahead and PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME at that point, looking ahead and thinking they would score a TD and not have to go for two, ur an idiot.

Lol

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
TEAM HACHIKO HAS DONE IT AGAIN! DENYING TEAM PAVEL IN THE SHADE ALLEZ! AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon

My in-laws HATE the Church and really let my wife know it all the time. But my father-in-law watched some of the game and even he commented that the FS1 announcers and the camera work were really bad in that game. I felt the same way when they scored that TD to go up 8. There were still nearly 2 minutes left, but by the way they were acting the clock said 0:00. Obviously, it didn't matter in the end, but don't act like the game is over until it's over, especially in this rivalry.

That said, during this losing streak to the Utes I'm so tired of BYU having a lead and losing it at the end. BYU got too conservative too soon, especially considering their best RB who wasn't injured had just gotten injured. BYU almost did the same thing against Wisconsin, but their D was terrible so BYU was able to pull it out. Utah is a better team than Wisconsin this year. I'm sick and tired of losing to Utah, but the Utes did what was needed to win and BYU's D couldn't stop them once they got momentum.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sad that I was in bed before even the first overtime. I'll stay up all night to watch lsu lose in sad fashion to the fake soldier guys who grab their balls

bruin

I was at an adventure guides campout. 5 or 6 SC dads in the group, and 2 UCLA dads. We were all pulling for the Bruins. Was a successful Saturday. Now just waiting on Lynn Swann to do his job.

LiquidElegantBuckeyebutterfly-small.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Can't say I was surprised that Helton is staying. His ridiculous extension until 2023 (when he had no leverage - it wasn't as though the NFL and other CFB programs were trying to poach him), and the distraction of the other scandals that USC is dealing with meant that keeping the football coach was the path of least resistance. Finding a replacement on such short notice would mean getting some other shitty corch, and no discernible improvement over Helton. Fisher, Del Rio, Jackson, Riley, were some of the names bandied about, none of whom look like they'd be any better than what we have now.

Still, looks like I'll be able to get 50-yard line seats at the Coliseum pretty easily next year. USC merchandise will also be on sale at 80% off!

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
He didn't change his handle to Kingjaxes so pretty weak. He's got the kind of clout where he can change his handle and have the owners of that website keep his real name in reserve so no on sneaks in and takes it. He should have went all out. Lost a lot of respect for him here.

Bdub

My in-laws HATE the Church and really let my wife know it all the time. But my father-in-law watched some of the game and even he commented that the FS1 announcers and the camera work were really bad in that game. I felt the same way when they scored that TD to go up 8. There were still nearly 2 minutes left, but by the way they were acting the clock said 0:00. Obviously, it didn't matter in the end, but don't act like the game is over until it's over, especially in this rivalry.

That said, during this losing streak to the Utes I'm so tired of BYU having a lead and losing it at the end. BYU got too conservative too soon, especially considering their best RB who wasn't injured had just gotten injured. BYU almost did the same thing against Wisconsin, but their D was terrible so BYU was able to pull it out. Utah is a better team than Wisconsin this year. I'm sick and tired of losing to Utah, but the Utes did what was needed to win and BYU's D couldn't stop them once they got momentum.
Props to BYU they actually brought it this year instead of bumbling around the whole game. Playing conservative with a lead is a time honored tradition at Utah. I'm sure that is where Sitake got it from.

As far as the announcers go, when they started talking like that BYU had clearly given the game up. There was little chance they were going to drive the field after getting blitzed in the 4th quarter like they did.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Why, what do you like about the NFL system? I much prefer college, it seems more equal.

Not having 7 OTs and a game that lasts nearly 6 hours. That was a ridiculous spectacle on Sat night.

The NFL right now has a good OT. If the team with the first possession scores a TD. The opposition is allowed to answer. If no TD it goes to sudden death OT. With a time period and allows a tie.

coogrfan

Not having 7 OTs and a game that lasts nearly 6 hours. That was a ridiculous spectacle on Sat night.

The NFL right now has a good OT. If the team with the first possession scores a TD. The opposition is allowed to answer. If no TD it goes to sudden death OT. With a time period and allows a tie.

Not quite.

If the first possession results in a touchdown or safety, the scoring team wins. During the regular season in the NFL, one overtime period is played (with each team receiving two time outs). If both teams are tied after the 10-minute overtime, the game officially ends in a tie.

I agree with those that say this is a better system than cfb, but it does mean there is a significant chance that games will end in a tie.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Interesting, I thought both teams were given an opportunity if a TD was scored. CFB can modify it to allow for a response even if a TD is scored.

Wooly

I just like the idea of each team getting an equal chance to score. I don't keep up with the NFL, so I didn't know that was how they did OT now. It sounds better than it used to be, but it still sounds like the team that wins the coin flip and gets the ball first has an advantage.

The extra OT periods in CFB don't bother me either, I find it fun. I didn't watch the LSU-A&M game, but I watched a replay just to watch those 7OTs. It was kind of amazing to me.

If all those OTs bother you, than I get not wanting the rules to allow it to drag on. But I find the need to make it fair for both teams to be the more compelling argument, to me to me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
College should push back the starting line of scrimmage to the 40 or 50 or something, and then the NFL can adopt that and I'd be a-okay with that

I think the 35 or 30 would even be okay. Right now, if you gain no yards in a possession, you still have a 42ish yard FG for points. I don't like that teams can be rewarded with points without actually doing anything. Move it back a couple of yards, and the defense will allow no points if they can get a stop. You could also ban extra points in OT from the beginning.

NFL OT is better than it used to be, but college OT is still better and way more entertaining. NFL OT will start to be worse and worse if NFL offenses continue to get better.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If player safety is key, they need to change the college rule. Make erryone go for 2 from the start seems fair. Kickers are gay anyway.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Texas A&M athletic department officials have not confirmed the man's identity amid reports Sunday that the person who hit Kragthorpe was Cole Fisher, a nephew of Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher, who said after the game he knew nothing of the incident.

"I don't know who Cole Fisher is," Texas A&M associate director for football communications Brad Marquardt said Sunday.

This Marquardt guy has a job at the White House in his immediate future

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He may really not know who he is, but he was on the sidelines and it is clearly him. Fucking chode. Can't even shave that peach fuzz for a wedding or prom. Prolly prom.

5657960199f48.image.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I love skinny guys with a double chin. How is this even possible?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I think the 35 or 30 would even be okay. Right now, if you gain no yards in a possession, you still have a 42ish yard FG for points. I don't like that teams can be rewarded with points without actually doing anything. Move it back a couple of yards, and the defense will allow no points if they can get a stop. You could also ban extra points in OT from the beginning.

NFL OT is better than it used to be, but college OT is still better and way more entertaining. NFL OT will start to be worse and worse if NFL offenses continue to get better.
Totally agree, you should be able to make at least one first down before you actually have a shot at a decent FG