• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Excited for the traditional B1G matchup between UM and anOSU, the Apple Cup looks interesting, and USC will get assraped by another Kelly this week. Lol @ @Irishman for thinking USC is "dangerous."

The only danger is that Helton will be given an extension until 2045.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
giphy.gif

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Grambling are playing for their season this weekend. If they lose to Southern, the coaching staff need to be fired and be consigned to working in fried chicken shacks for the rest of their laifus. What a trashu season for Grambling foobaw. Also, Beat Garden City.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
This is still Notre Dame/USC. Both of these teams have wrecked undefeated seasons for each other more than any other of their opponents. I don't care, it's still the Irish and I've seen them blow it against much worse teams.

I know it's a rivalry and all, but your apprehension is totally unfounded. If they couldn't defeat a 2-8 team playing with a transfer QB and allowed a transfer RB who rushed for nearly 300 yards, they sure as heck aren't going to beat an undefeated team that has looked good in most of their wins.

Maybe, mayyyybe USC keeps it close for a quarter, or a half, but once any emotion gets spent, their overwhelming incompetence will win out and the Irish will pull away. And that's the best case scenario.

My prediction is that it will more closely resemble the Alabama game at the start of 2016. Except that Max Browne was better prepared than JT Daniels.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan is favored in Columbus. That's the first time that's happened since 2004. That's fucking crazy.

I love this matchup for Michigan's offense. OSU's linebackers are awful, and Harbaugh's offense is best when messing with linebackers. I expect a bunch of runs with gaping holes when linebackers put themselves in the wrong gap, and some TEs running free on playaction. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan had 5 or more plays over 20 yards. OSU has been awful at stopping big plays all year.

On the other side, I liked the matchup a lot more before the Indiana game. Indiana's offense is a low-rent version of Ohio State's passing offense, plus a more mobile QB. Indiana was able to move the ball pretty well, especially in the first half. The good thing is that Haskins is a statue in the pocket and get rattled pretty easily when there's pressure. Michigan's defense is one of the best in the country at pressuring QBs on passing downs, so if you get Ohio State in a lot of 2nd and 3rd in a longs, it could be a long game for them. They need to cover and tackle OSU's slot receivers well on slants and crossing routes.

Feel as good about it as I have since that 2011 game. Still don't really expect to win. Feels like a game where Michigan's small weaknesses on defense can get exposed, and the questionable health of Winovich might be a big program.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I'm more worried about the game being in CBUS than anything to be honest. I think they will be motivated and are playing better and will win the game though. 24-17 something like that. 50 and rain is the forecast for Saturday.

coogrfan

Houston will travel to Memphis on Friday to face the Tigers. The winner will earn the privilege of getting their doors blown off by UCF in the AAC CCG.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Michigan is favored in Columbus. That's the first time that's happened since 2004. That's fucking crazy.

I love this matchup for Michigan's offense. OSU's linebackers are awful, and Harbaugh's offense is best when messing with linebackers. I expect a bunch of runs with gaping holes when linebackers put themselves in the wrong gap, and some TEs running free on playaction. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan had 5 or more plays over 20 yards. OSU has been awful at stopping big plays all year.

On the other side, I liked the matchup a lot more before the Indiana game. Indiana's offense is a low-rent version of Ohio State's passing offense, plus a more mobile QB. Indiana was able to move the ball pretty well, especially in the first half. The good thing is that Haskins is a statue in the pocket and get rattled pretty easily when there's pressure. Michigan's defense is one of the best in the country at pressuring QBs on passing downs, so if you get Ohio State in a lot of 2nd and 3rd in a longs, it could be a long game for them. They need to cover and tackle OSU's slot receivers well on slants and crossing routes.

Feel as good about it as I have since that 2011 game. Still don't really expect to win. Feels like a game where Michigan's small weaknesses on defense can get exposed, and the questionable health of Winovich might be a big program.
I think we lose this one and it isn't even close. Michigan's got it together this year and urbs is hitting the exit ramp at the end of the season. I fully expect him to keep mailing it in and go out with a whimper.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I just kept wondering all day if @TrojanMan wore his class ring out to brunch.

I was at an adventure guides campout. 5 or 6 SC dads in the group, and 2 UCLA dads. We were all pulling for the Bruins. Was a successful Saturday. Now just waiting on Lynn Swann to do his job.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I know it's a rivalry and all, but your apprehension is totally unfounded. If they couldn't defeat a 2-8 team playing with a transfer QB and allowed a transfer RB who rushed for nearly 300 yards, they sure as heck aren't going to beat an undefeated team that has looked good in most of their wins.

Maybe, mayyyybe USC keeps it close for a quarter, or a half, but once any emotion gets spent, their overwhelming incompetence will win out and the Irish will pull away. And that's the best case scenario.

My prediction is that it will more closely resemble the Alabama game at the start of 2016. Except that Max Browne was better prepared than JT Daniels.

If we shit can Helton before Saturday, SC might keep it close for a quarter or two. But if he's still in charge, it'll be every bit as bad as the Bama game. Luckily I'll be traveling again, and won't have to watch this bloodbath.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I was at an adventure guides campout. 5 or 6 SC dads in the group, and 2 UCLA dads. We were all pulling for the Bruins. Was a successful Saturday. Now just waiting on Lynn Swann to do his job.

Will Helton be allowed to don the black, or lose his head?

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I know OSU isn't playing great and they are having a "down year" but lets not act like they are some middling 7-5 BIG team. They are 10-1, loaded with talent, and at home. Still a very good team. I would be (happily) surprised if they got blown out.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, I thought Michigan would win in 2016, but Irving has really mastered the whole "look shitty the entire year but still win nearly every game, lose game you shouldn't, usually by getting detonated by middling Big Ten West team, beat Michigan, and then either get pantsed by a team in the playoff that has a pulse or beat some overrated trog squad in a NY6 bowl" schtick the last few years