• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 3 Thread - The Hills Reboot Is Happening.

CJ_24

DnJMyiVU4AAUmJs.jpg

Brick

oregon is barely a top 25 offense and has played bowling green, portland state, and san jose state and has nashnul arm talent QB.

CORCH ARROYO THE O RECRUITS CLICK

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda

This fuck. He picked Baylor to win the big 12 last year lol. Does he know anything at all?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
ASU only favored by 4.5 at home against San Diego St, Texas favored by 3.5 over USC, and Wisconsin favored by 21.5 over BYU. Easy money right there.

How did that work out for you?

I won't rib too hard; I had no faith in my team to do what they did to the Badgers.

I do love, doe, that the only comment made about the BYU-Wisconsin game was a troll attempt by Brick and not a single like or comment was made to his post. That made me all sorts of happy.

Reactions: bjc

Lightningwar

Administrator
I didnt think it was possible to get worse than last year. But the 2018 squad at ole FSU proved me wrong. This will be the first FSU team in 42 years to have a losing record. I can not fathom why this offensive line is so bad. FSU has had shit lines the past 4 seasons. And last years was terrible. But this one is beyond terrible. It almost feels like they are playing this bad on purpose.

Bdub

How did that work out for you?

I won't rib too hard; I had no faith in my team to do what they did to the Badgers.

I do love, doe, that the only comment made about the BYU-Wisconsin game was a troll attempt by Brick and not a single like or comment was made to his post. That made me all sorts of happy.
I thought it was easy money for BYU to beat the spread. I figured there was no way an offensively challenged Wisconsin would cover considering BYU has an improved defense. I did think Wisconsin would still win though.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Brick, I think I heard that Utah is averaging a targeting penalty per game. Maybe you should change your focus to a team that actually may deserve your personal attention?

Bdub

Brick, I think I heard that Utah is averaging a targeting penalty per game. Maybe you should change your focus to a team that actually may deserve your personal attention?
BYU beat a ranked team, we get it. Congrats...
I hope we don't have another @Gooksta or @Wolfman in the making.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
It used to be at least. Pretty boring when the same team wins every year.

What are you talking about? I LOVED this rivalry in the 80s.

:trollface:

Despite the streak, the games are all close. I think that helps outsiders who enjoy good rivalries.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I just like that Mormons are capable of hate

:laughing:

A lot of BYU fans cheer for Utah to do well except for the rivalry game. I've had enough bad encounters with Ute fans that I just can't do it. I hope Utah wins 0 games. I wish that weren't the case, but I've had some pretty bad stuff said about me and my family to my face.

That said, BYU fans can be pretty terrible, so I understand Utah fans who can't stand BYU because of it's fans.

A lot of BYU fans say they want Utah to do well because it's good for the state. I have never heard a single person from another state ever say anything along the lines of "Utah had a good season this year, therefore Utah State and BYU must also be good," doe. Or vise versa. No one thinks like that. Is that just a Utah thing? Or do people talk like that in other states as well? Are some Ole Miss fans hoping Mississippi State does well because it's good for the state?

Props to @Bdub doe. I don't think BYU has beaten Utah in football since he's been here. But multiple Ute fans have been driven off the site when they attacked me and my religion after a Ute loss to the Cougars (and props to Nutopia for not letting that slide). But bdub has stayed strong and been as respectful as anyone on Nutopia can be. I hope he feels that I've likewise been respectful, while indulging in rivalry talk. When BYU finally wins, doe, I guess we'll see what happens ;)

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
A lot of BYU fans cheer for Utah to do well except for the rivalry game.

A lot of BYU fans say they want Utah to do well because it's good for the state. I have never heard a single person from another state ever say anything along the lines of "Utah had a good season this year, therefore Utah State and BYU must also be good," doe. Or vise versa. No one thinks like that. Is that just a Utah thing? Or do people talk like that in other states as well? Are some Ole Miss fans hoping Mississippi State does well because it's good for the state?

I want UC Davis, Fresno State, SDSU, and the mighty Spartans of the South Bay Area to rep California, and West Coast footbaw hard.

Stanford, Cal, and Juicy need to all be on a cruise ship that gets torpedoed by a Chinese nuclear attack submarine and goes down with all hands lost.

In seriousness, I do think that having at least one very good team in a state gives that state or region a certain cachet - look at South Dakota State and how they're viewed in their division. Many football players who otherwise wouldn't ever consider living in that frozen wasteland might think it's not so bad because they can play for and be associated with that program, crappy weather and lifestyle state or not.

Bdub

A lot of BYU fans cheer for Utah to do well except for the rivalry game. I've had enough bad encounters with Ute fans that I just can't do it. I hope Utah wins 0 games. I wish that weren't the case, but I've had some pretty bad stuff said about me and my family to my face.

That said, BYU fans can be pretty terrible, so I understand Utah fans who can't stand BYU because of it's fans.

Props to @Bdub doe. I don't think BYU has beaten Utah in football since he's been here. But multiple Ute fans have been driven off the site when they attacked me and my religion after a Ute loss to the Cougars (and props to Nutopia for not letting that slide). But bdub has stayed strong and been as respectful as anyone on Nutopia can be. I hope he feels that I've likewise been respectful, while indulging in rivalry talk. When BYU finally wins, doe, I guess we'll see what happens ;)
Blah blah blah. Ute fans are the worst, we are so mean to you. I'm sorry it's been so hard. Sounds like you have been taking lessons in crying from Max Hall.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I want UC Davis, Fresno State, SDSU, and the mighty Spartans of the South Bay Area to rep California, and West Coast footbaw hard.

Stanford, Cal, and Juicy need to all be on a cruise ship that gets torpedoed by a Chinese nuclear attack submarine and goes down with all hands lost.

In seriousness, I do think that having at least one very good team in a state gives that state or region a certain cachet - look at South Dakota State and how they're viewed in their division. Many football players who otherwise wouldn't ever consider living in that frozen wasteland might think it's not so bad because they can play for and be associated with that program, crappy weather and lifestyle state or not.
Clearly not enough cachet because I believe you’re thinking of North Dakota State :laughing:

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Blah blah blah. Ute fans are the worst, we are so mean to you. I'm sorry it's been so hard. Sounds like you have been taking lessons in crying from Max Hall.

I never said it was hard. I just said that a small handful of Ute fans have been pretty offensive to me about my family and since then I haven't been able to wish anything good for them.

By the way, it was John Beck who cried. Not Max Hall. Like me, Max Hall just hates you and everything you stand for. Get your facts straight.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon

Perfect.

A lot of members of my direct family are Ute season ticket holders. When Beck-to-Harline happened and BYU beat Utah on the last play, I called my bro to talk about the game. My sister-in-law told me he refused to talk to me about the game. His son went to his room and didn't come out until the next day. So that's been my experience with crying in this rivalry.

Look, I was just trying to explain my feelings on the rivalry. I wasn't whining, just explaining. There are a lot of Ute fans that I had a great time going back and forth with them over the years giving each other crap about the other team. But one guy in particular was rude to my mom, my sister and my wife. I worked with him and kind of liked him. But when he said those things to my face and refused to take it back when I asked him if he was serious, it just finished it for me. Does it bother me more than it should? Sure. I feel bad that I hate them so much when so many people I love are fans. But that's sport, yo. I don't actually wish any ill will on the Utes or most of their fans. I know it's a small percentage that are D-bags, just like it's a small percentage of BYU fans who are idiots. But I want them to lose every game. I'm sure dbud feels the same about BYU. Max Hall said what everyone was already thinking about each other. We all just need to admit it.

Brick

I never said it was hard. I just said that a small handful of Ute fans have been pretty offensive to me about my family and since then I haven't been able to wish anything good for them.

By the way, it was John Beck who cried. Not Max Hall. Like me, Max Hall just hates you and everything you stand for. Get your facts straight.
max hall was more obnoxious than BAKER. didn't he OD or something? much honor!

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Max Hall was arrested in possession; no OD. Sorry to disappoint.

When BYU loses to Utah, I knew I'd get some ribbing from Ute fans I could talk to. It was everyone that knew nothing about football that bothered me a bit. If you can't name three players on your team, it doesn't mean as much to you as it does to me. So it's no fair that you can make fun of me. Because if Utah lost and I came to rub your nose in it, you wouldn't care.

Side note, the Ute fan who was offensive to the women in my life... I asked him to name five players on the Utah football team that year. He did a great job. "Quarterback, running back, wide receiver..." It was at that point I walked away and never talked to him again. He was in a bishopric at the time, too, which made the things he said about my mom even worse to me. What an ass.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Funny trivia. South Dakota State has beat NDSU the last two years during their regular season match up. SDSU was also the first game old Lightningwar got to play extensively in back in the day for NDSU. A loss where we had a RB set a single game rushing record and all SDSU could do was pass. The week before we went up to a top ranked UND and smoked them in front of their home crowd. Classic trap game.

Bdub

Well it seems like you are taking CTEball a little too seriously jamesnathan. It's just a game after all. Certainly not a reason to insult your mom over. Having lived through the 80s as a Utah fan and all the times Lavelle ran up the score on the hapless Utes. BYU fans deserve all the shit talking they get. I cheer for BYU though. The better they are the better it looks when Utah beats them. As for the rivalry, I wish they would stop playing it every year. I would much rather play some games against Big 10 or Big 12 teams.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Well are you going to tell us what he said or just make accusations against a Utah fan?

As I've already said, it's not something I am going to share on Nutopia; I've seen how things work around here. As far as your comment implying I'm just telling lies... yeah. Because that's what I do.

Look, I was just trying to share my story. It went further than I thought it would. But at this point, I've said what I'm going to say and I'm highly doubtful I'll ever even bring it up again. So say whatever you want about how I've handled it so that we can move on.