• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Oklahoma State currently destroying Bammer in the Division I Match Play Championship. Winning all five matches including one match 8 up through 10. :scared: @colb

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Tiger's ball striking today:

giphy.gif

Tiger's putting today:

giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hard to believe this was supposed to be the easier draw for conditions today.

Speith has hit 4/6 fairways and is still +5. Woof.

goblue96

It's very gusty at my house in eastern NY and I'm not near the ocean. I can't imagine what it's like right on the LI Sound.

evil1

I think it is too soon to say that. We shouldn't forget that a few months ago it was questionable whether Tiger would even be able to play the full year.

The biggest problem I see with Tiger is that each phase of his game has been good at one point or another this year, but he hasn't been able to put all of it together for a single tournament. Short game was great one tournament but he was wild off the tee; driving was good two weeks later but his putting failed; putter was good the tournament after that but his irons were off; etc. To me, that looks like a player coming off of a long layoff slowly regaining his game. At some point I think each phase will become more consistent so if he spends a week focusing on his driver, the other aspects of his game won't drop off. But I guess we'll see.

I should add that several other notable players are flirting with +10 with Tiger, including Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: He's 10th in total strokes gained on the PGA Tour this year. 4th in strokes gained approaching the green. This is after taking essentially 2 years off. I think he wins a tournament by the end of the year, honestly.

He's clearly not even the Tiger of 2013, but he's a ways off from being Jordan on the Wizards :laughing:

NML

He went to the 18th green with a putt to force a playoff earlier this year (Valspar I think?). Top 5 at Arnold Palmer, top 10 at TPC

Brick

I'm just disappointed DEADSON will never be able to know that his Dad witnessed the almost Perkins GOAT.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CJ_24

Fox's extensive coverage of Justin Thomas gives me an idea of how people who dislike Tiger feel whenever the broadcast shows his round non-stop.

goblue96

“I knew it was a 2 stroke penalty. I’ve wanted to do it before..” That’s a Phil-like answer.

CJ_24

Problem with that answer is that there is an exception to the rule that allows the committee to DQ a player for a "serious breach" of the rule. To me, Phil's "I did it on purpose because I didn't want the ball to roll of the green" answer sounds like a serious breach, to me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Problem with that answer is that there is an exception to the rule that allows the committee to DQ a player for a "serious breach" of the rule. To me, Phil's "I did it on purpose because I didn't want the ball to roll of the green" answer sounds like a serious breach, to me.

Only way he could have been disqualified was for a serious breach of etiquette, which this was far from. He took a stroke at a moving ball, and the rule that applies to that situation does not allow for a disqualification. You'd have to DQ him for a serious breach of etiquette, which this was not that close to (my understanding that's more for being a huge asshole on the course than anything else). It's a weird situation, because the rule on making a stroke on a moving ball doesn't really envision doing that to save yourself a bunch of strokes.

Of course, Phil is also a dumbass, because he could have just taken an unplayable and saved hisself a stroke.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
She missed the cut, sadly.

I need more people like her in golf. I think the early LPGA was full of characters like that.

CJ_24

Tiger leads the field in driving accuracy. If only he could putt.

He's analogous to Tom Watson. Young Tom Watson couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn, but he made everything. Old Tom Watson striped everything, but couldn't make anything.