• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2018 FIFA World Cup

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
No Sane for Germany :emo:

Yeah, I thought that was dumb. He's been bad for Germany in the past and apparently has no interest in adapting his game to the tactics, or so I've read.

I'd still take him if I were Löw. Maybe not as a starter, but definitely as a change of pace or if you need to chase a game.

bruin

that's just in-sane, isn't it?

Coach-Mick-Mcarthy-Look-at-Camera-Smile.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Really hoping he's near 100% for the group stage.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Finally, the boy with the hand-drawn jersey, while shielding his rival, notices his foe’s wide defensive stance and does a backward toe-drag through the legs of his opponent before spinning around him into open space. One of the kids on his team yells MAESTRO! while the boy darts toward the goal, unleashing a quickly curving shot, which misses wide to the left. The boys all laugh, some of them linking arms. Football, after all, is a game of inches and miracles.

Outside of Pulisic or maybe Sargent I don't think we have a player on the senior team capable of executing this kinda move, lol.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
https://deadspin.com/world-cup-referee-caught-accepting-600-from-an-underco-1826644351

World Cup Referee Caught Accepting $600 From An Undercover Journalist

zrrb8scjfo0bkvgzkze7.png

Footage from a documentary on corruption in African soccer, shared exclusively with the BBC, shows World Cup assistant referee Adel Range Marwa accepting a $600 gift from an undercover journalist posing as a Ghanaian soccer official. Marwa, the only referee from Kenya set to participate in the World Cup, has resigned his position.

The footage doesn’t actually show Marwa accepting the cash in exchange for assurances about game tampering, but FIFA rules prohibit officials from accepting gifts or other benefits. Posing as a soccer official from Ghana’s FA, journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas gave the money to Marwa in a hotel room during the Africa Cup of Nations.
“Thank you for the gift, but you know the most important (thing) is friendship, getting to know each other,” Marwa says on the tape.

All told, Anas filmed more than 100 referees and other officials taking money, many of whom were Ghanian, including Ghana FA president Kwesi Nyantakyi, who accepted a $65,000 bribe from a phony sponsor. Since this footage has become public, the government of Ghana has announced that they will dissolve the FA “until a new body is formed.”

Marwa—who is Kenyan, not Ghanian—was the only person caught who was scheduled to work the World Cup. And adding insult to injury, Marwa settled for $600 when he could have earned upwards of $25,000 just for doing his job in Russia.

Snorky's Shame

My Predictions:

Group A: Uruguay, Egypt, Russia, Saudi Arabia
Group B: Spain, Morocco, Portugal, Iran
Group C: France, Denmark, Peru, Australia
Group D: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria
Group E: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Costa Rica
Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama
Group H: Colombia, Senegal, Poland, Japan

Round of 16

Uruguay over Morocco
France over Iceland
Spain over Egypt
Argentina over Denmark
Brazil over Mexico
Belgium over Senegal
Germany over Serbia
England over Colombia

Quarterfinals

France over Uruguay
Brazil over Belgium
Spain over Argentina
Germany over England

Semifinals

Brazil over France
Spain over Germany

Third Place

France over Germany

Final

Spain over Brazil

Golden Boot: Antoine Griezmann (France)
Biggest Tourney Buy: Sergei Milinkovic-Savic (Serbia)
Team most likely to make your predictions look bad: Croatia
What happens with the 2026 vote?: Neither wins, we go through this all over again.
Team you wish was in Russia: Italy

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

I really don’t want this USA team here, they don’t get out of any of the groups.

The Dutch don’t have the talent and they’re awful to watch. It’s not Total Football or even the 90’s teams.

Italy still has decent players but the structure of Italian Football has let them down. Plus we need a villain and they usually fit the bill for most people.

NML

I guess I don’t have much of a leg to stand on since they didn’t qualify, but I’m not sure which pot 3 team you switch them with and they aren’t at least even money to get out of the group sans Iran - but we also got out of a group with Portugal and a world power last time.

Would’ve liked Italy as well, tons of great players. But seems sacrilegious to not say the US

Snorky's Shame

That US team in 2014 is better than this one. Bear in mind Tim Howard probably is starting at this World Cup. The same Tim Howard that has been absolutely awful in MLS this year. Yes Pulisic is there but the fact that the US got 1 out of 12 against Costa Rica and Mexico in the hex shows you where this team is.

I don’t think they even get out of Group A, they’d lose to Uruguay and Russia. If they can’t even handle the intimidating atmosphere of a 80% empty Ato Boldin stadium in Trinidad and Tobago, what makes you think they can get a result in front of at least 50,000 Russians. The only group they might get out is C if they replace Denmark.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If the US had made it, it would have been 2006 all over again. The US was more or less the same team as in 2014 and nearly every player got worse. Yeah, we would have Pulisic and been excited for that. But he's gone off a cliff since the US didn't qualify, so even that would have been false hope.

There's probably a couple of groups the US could have gotten out of if things broke the right way. Group A is the only group that I think they would have been favored to get out of.

NML

We were the same team during qualifying as in 2014 because of terrible team selection - not because there’s no talent

That Trinidad game, we started Howard, Omar, Besler, Nagbe, and Arriola - sorry, I don’t think any of those belong in our top 23, let alone are starting lineup.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Sure, the team could have been better, but it's like we had a ton of talent not called in or sitting on the bench. The spine still would have been Howard - one of Gonzo/Besler - Bradley - Altidore/Wood. We should have qualified, yes, but we're between talent cycles for this World Cup and it would not have ended well this time.

NML

Don’t disagree with this being a lesser talent cycle. Do disagree that Howard, Besler, and Omar go to Russia (or at least they shouldn’t)

NML

What I meant was I don’t think he’s part of the “spine” that’s starting going to Russia. Steffen has established hisself as first choice, IMO.

Snorky's Shame

I think Arena takes Howard and Guzan for sure. I’d probably take Steffen too but bear in mind Arena never capped him. Knowing Arena, I bet Rimando would have been the 3rd GK which would have made no sense at all.

bruin

Even rooting for Mexico this WC. Don’t cuuuureeee.

Will wear my Mexicans for Golovkin shirt at the bars to piss off the Guadalajara pendajos too

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I guess I don’t have much of a leg to stand on since they didn’t qualify, but I’m not sure which pot 3 team you switch them with and they aren’t at least even money to get out of the group sans Iran - but we also got out of a group with Portugal and a world power last time.

Would’ve liked Italy as well, tons of great players. But seems sacrilegious to not say the US

They only got out of a group with Portugal and Germany because we made a bet and it's ur version of the sim where you win everything. They fail to make it out of that group 8,000 out of 10,000 sims I've seen. Hell, Ghana got out of the group in almost as many sims as we did!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I lost to someone, my memory says it was you because I had to rock a mitroglou avatar for a while after.
After further digging, it looks like i lost to myself. Funny enough, Travis has subtly wanted to kill me since at least 2014!

You guys don't understand betting at all. I did say one point is the most likely SINGLE scenario, and I stand by that. If we are looking to make an even money type over/under bet, you have to pick number where all possible outcomes over/under that number are balanced. An over/under of 1 point doesn't make any sense for even the worst teams because there is only one potential winning outcome (0). Any other possible outcome would result in a tie or a loss. Unfortunately, with so few possible outcomes there isn't a proper balance point and a shift of half a point throws a ton of value to one side or the other. You'd be retarded to bet an under if the line was 2.5 and you'd be retarded to bet the over if the line was 3.5. A line of 3 is at least a decent bet because a large possible outcome would just end in a push.

To illustrate the difference, I could say " I predict the most likely outcome for the score of the Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburg Steelers game will be 14-7" This is not the same as saying the over/under total score line should be 21 (which would extremely low for a pro football game).

I originally chose a line of 3.5, essentially saying that I get a victory for any combination that gives us 0,1,2, or 3 points. NML would win if we got 4,5,6,7,8, or 9 points. This is the line I have with my friend from work because I'm taking advantage of his homer tinted US glasses. I then "backtracked" when NML was reluctant and gave him a better deal saying I get a victory for 0,1, or 2 points while he still gets a victory for 4,5,6,7,8 or 9 points, and if it lands right on 3 points we kill Yankee. How this is considered "backtracking" only makes sense to you mongoloids, I suppose.

Here are the lines from sky sports:

[xtable=skin1]
{colgroup}
{col}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}0 Points 6/1{/td}
{td}1 Point 3/1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2 Points 8/1{/td}
{td}3 Points 13/5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4 Points 100/30{/td}
{td}5 Points 22/1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6 Points 8/1{/td}
{td}7 Points 25/1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9 Points 85/1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

The best way to find a "fair" line would be to find the point where the sum of all odds under = the sum of all odds over, but since there are so few potential outcomes there isn't a good break point and that's why there is no over/under offered. If they set the over/under at 3, every good gambler would bet the under. If they set the over/under line at 2.5, every good gambler would bet the over.

If NML wants me to bet on my single most likely outcome, he can pay me at 3:1 for 1 point exactly. Otherwise, the line is 3 and I'm definitely getting the advantage according to sky (and yankee has a 38% chance of dying)

If we get anything other than 3 pts Ill make my avatar Mitroglou for a month, and i die, otherwise you two get avatars of my choice and i get asscorch nudes

I bet myself, then lost to myself, and set the terms so I would die no matter what! The sim has granted me more time though, so Travis can be the one to fufill the prophecy when the time is right (As he has in 38% of paralell sims to this date)

Snorky's Shame

Worked for Michigan in 1989, maybe it will work for Spain.

beIN has the FIFA Congress on right now. The 2026 host should be determined at this meeting.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It feels a little good to go back to Spain being crazy and disorganized during major tournaments. That run was nice, but let's have more Spain in 1998 than Spain in 2010. It's more entertaining that way.

Oh yeah, and if France could have a fight on a bus again, that would be awesome, too.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The ol' interim corch bowl game gambit, a bold move for Spain! Now the Spain players will unite like never before under their shared adversity!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Predictions:

Group A: Uruguay, Egypt, Russia, Saudi Arabia
Group B: Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Iran
Group C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia
Group D: Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia, Iceland
Group E: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Costa Rica
Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama
Group H: Colombia, Senegal, Poland, Japan

Round of 16: