• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Loved this WOJ BOMB article on JR Smith a couple years about how big of a fraud he is: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/knick...rince-will-be-back-soon-enough-055612473.html

He can make it sound so sincere, but the con never ends. J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor – Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. – and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled, suburban jump-shooter.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
lol

If Smith didn't have such an inflated opinion of himself, he'd probably know it, too. Everyone understands how this will go now: Smith will tell everyone that he needs to grow up, that he's let down his coach and teammates and fans. The Knicks will start to play him again, and it's just a matter of time until Smith's self-destructive act will resurface. Once again, he'll be ignorant to the score in the final seconds of a game – like the loss he cost the Knicks in Houston – or he'll get into trouble off the floor. Or probably both.

Brick

why watch even the extended highlights and look at the box score when you can get the shitty meme summary of every sporting event!

bruin

Loved this WOJ BOMB article on JR Smith a couple years about how big of a fraud he is: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/knick...rince-will-be-back-soon-enough-055612473.html

He can make it sound so sincere, but the con never ends. J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor – Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. – and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled, suburban jump-shooter.

Damn.

DanishDonut0

Lebron was clearly calling timeout .

Got a video? In real time I thought he was but when you look at it again he was asking for a ball and maybe made a time out motion while the ball was being passed under a second. I mean I'd put it at pure unexpected shock thinking he'll shoot eventually but still.

sayo

YEET
I thought he was just yelling at JR

Edit- holy shit, embedding imgur is trash now.
8hUaSps

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They won't review a timeout being called but they'll review a judgment call on a block charge? The NBA is trash. If it wasn't for Lebron I wouldn't watch a single second of the sport.

doh

I love TEH REFS R SCRWING DA CAVS new NARRATIVE (@Brick)

The team that's won by far more games than any other team over the course of 4 years needs the refs to win. Got it.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I don't believe that there's a grand conspiracy, but it's rather interesting that the (arguably) most talented squad we've seen in our lifetime, also appears to have an inordinate number of things break their way. Between Love and Irving being hurt in 2015, to Kawhi being "accidentally" hurt by Pachulia in 2017, to Chris Paul being out in games 6 and 7 in a series they were losing, to some breaks in officiating in this series, to JR Smith's maneuver...

It's fascinating for sure.

-YTC

doh

I don't believe that there's a grand conspiracy, but it's rather interesting that the (arguably) most talented squad we've seen in our lifetime, also appears to have an inordinate number of things break their way. Between Love and Irving being hurt in 2015, to Kawhi being "accidentally" hurt by Pachulia in 2017, to Chris Paul being out in games 6 and 7 in a series they were losing, to some breaks in officiating in this series, to JR Smith's maneuver...

It's fascinating for sure.

-YTC
Correct. And in 2016 if Draymond doesn't get suspended/Bogut doesn't break his leg the Warriors problem win. Every team that's won a championship has had some form of luck. The Warriors built a 73-win team where the 4 best players were all drafted by the team without a top 5 pick.

The Cavs as you said have been good because they won the 2003 lottery. No other reason really.

Tailback U

Correct. And in 2016 if Draymond doesn't get suspended/Bogut doesn't break his leg the Warriors problem win. Every team that's won a championship has had some form of luck. The Warriors built a 73-win team where the 4 best players were all drafted by the team without a top 5 pick.

The Cavs as you said have been good because they won the 2003 lottery. No other reason really.

Some of these definitely were fouls, but a lot of them were pretty weak. Didn't hear anybody outside of GS fans complaining about the officiating after this game but I get it.

evil1

So no one wanted to talk about the insane shots Steph dropped on Cleveland in game 2? He just had the best outside shooting game in NBA Finals history and this isn't the #1 topic of discussion? I think we are already taking what Steph Curry does for granted.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Steph had a nice game and all but clearly he wouldn't be as effective if the refs weren't constantly trying to ensure GSW wins.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There's no pro sports final more boring than the Warriors just winning again. I guess maybe the WNBA.

evil1

There's no pro sports final more boring than the Warriors just winning again. I guess maybe the WNBA.
To be fair, the true NBA Finals were Golden State vs. Houston and that went 7 games. This is just a reminder that the #1 team in the East would often be the #3 or #4 best team in the West.

MSUFanatic

So no one wanted to talk about the insane shots Steph dropped on Cleveland in game 2? He just had the best outside shooting game in NBA Finals history and this isn't the #1 topic of discussion? I think we are already taking what Steph Curry does for granted.

I'm more impressed he does it while wearing New Balances wrapped up in Under Armour logos.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
To be fair, the true NBA Finals were Golden State vs. Houston and that went 7 games. This is just a reminder that the #1 team in the East would often be the #3 or #4 best team in the West.

I take your point, but these games still kinda suck (or at least, in my prognostication they will - I admit that Game 1 was fun).

bruin

Let’s be honest, the NBA playoffs is last behind the NHL, NFL, MLB in American professional sports for at least the last 5 years. Entertaining wise, dramatics, etc..

evil1

In terms of playoffs, NBA > NFL > NHL > MLB (can most people honestly remember who won the Stanley Cup or World Series over the last five years?)