• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Can you create offensive mismatches for O-lineman?

FSS

Specifically in the run game. Offensively you can create mismatches for wr's, Te's, and rbs by moving them and attacking different personnel.

However since the O-line can't move for the most part(maybe tackle over unbalanced) is there anyway to get better matchups for the offensive line if the Defensive line is better.

1. Spread personnel could force more lbs on the field especially against an odd front team
2. Option can eliminate the need to block a tough defender
3. Trapping similar to above

Is there anything else that can be done personnel wise or play wise. Basically trying to find ways to run on better d-line then o-line.

LEGEND

Hmmmm...

If there is... I can't think of anything other than what you said. There are packages that have heavy personnel that remove a TE and add a linemen. Or Jumbo packages etc... I know of guys that use wing formations and formation sub TE's at the Wr spot. Those have been very effective for gaining a numbers advantage and the TE's blocking on DB's.

FSS

Hmmmm...

If there is... I can't think of anything other than what you said. There are packages that have heavy personnel that remove a TE and add a linemen. Or Jumbo packages etc... I know of guys that use wing formations and formation sub TE's at the Wr spot. Those have been very effective for gaining a numbers advantage and the TE's blocking on DB's.

What about double teams. Is there a way to guarantee a double team on specific lineman?

TheSystem

If you have a great OL you'd be better off is you move him to Fullback/TE/Sniffer Back. It's much easier to use him in a number of blocks from these positions rather than leave him in one of the OL positions. This player can line up anywhere and get you the blocking angles you want and it opens up a lot more blocking schemes for you.

A lot of blocking schemes are going to start out as a guard-tackle or guard center double teaming one linemen on the interior, also you can use FBs and TEs to help your Tackle get a double team and if you really wanna punch a guy in A-B gaps in the face you wedge him and have everyone target him.

LEGEND

What about double teams. Is there a way to guarantee a double team on specific lineman?

I can't say for sure if there is or not...

I've noticed on certain plays that there are definitely double teams that happen every time I run them. From my experience it's like @TheSystem said...

A lot of blocking schemes are going to start out as a guard-tackle or guard center double teaming one linemen on the interior,

Reactions: FSS

FSS

If you have a great OL you'd be better off is you move him to Fullback/TE/Sniffer Back. It's much easier to use him in a number of blocks from these positions rather than leave him in one of the OL positions. This player can line up anywhere and get you the blocking angles you want and it opens up a lot more blocking schemes for you.

A lot of blocking schemes are going to start out as a guard-tackle or guard center double teaming one linemen on the interior, also you can use FBs and TEs to help your Tackle get a double team and if you really wanna punch a guy in A-B gaps in the face you wedge him and have everyone target him.

Never thought of that. The thing I always hated about Fb's is that for them to insert into the blocking scheme the line still has to make room for them. If you dont do a good job with the initial blocks on the line there's no room for him to even get involved. Ex: can't iso a MLB if there's no hole to run through. Two if I move an OL to fb the PA game would be limited with him as a threat to catch.

I was thinking of pulling the lineman alot if he's a guard to get him in different spots but again its a similar issue with a fullback of relying on initial blocks to allow the guard to insert.