• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Insert Preseason Predictions here

Let's see how Buffalo did after our blazing start!

giphy.gif

Also, goodbye to a legend @Orlando

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_news_25418.html

Razor retires as the all-time leader in basically every offensive and defensive category for CF. Pretty rare for guys to retire mid-season like this, but so did Griffey Jr. in an alternative universe.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I know it's clunky and a waste of time and possibly even harmful, but immersion stories like that make me wish we had minors coaches on too, since we're all getting to the point where we have multiple legends to scout for us.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I wish we could switch on personnel but have them not impact anything.

Razor was a fun player and was good for a long time in CF. OU and I swapped GOATs in that trade. Last Resort would be traded like 10 times in his career, but it was a fun trade. OU had Dani Gutierrez so Razor was expendable, but he died a couple seasons later, so I always kind of felt bad about the trade.

I didn't realize how crappy the rest of you really had it until recently. Gotta be how @Karl Hungus felt with Noda at SS. Between Razor and Weber before him, CF was locked up for like 20 seasons.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I know it's clunky and a waste of time and possibly even harmful, but immersion stories like that make me wish we had minors coaches on too, since we're all getting to the point where we have multiple legends to scout for us.

It would be harmful, coaches and scouts are super overpowered, at least they used to be

It's a bummer because I think Anthony Youngly is old enough to hire as a hitting coach.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yeah I wish we could switch on personnel but have them not impact anything.

Razor was a fun player and was good for a long time in CF. OU and I swapped GOATs in that trade. Last Resort would be traded like 10 times in his career, but it was a fun trade. OU had Dani Gutierrez so Razor was expendable, but he died a couple seasons later, so I always kind of felt bad about the trade.

I didn't realize how crappy the rest of you really had it until recently. Gotta be how @Karl Hungus felt with Noda at SS. Between Razor and Weber before him, CF was locked up for like 20 seasons.

Watching Noda decline was harder- when he retired it was kind of a relief.

Speaking of the lack of backroom opportunities for past legends, can we put my ownership plan into motion?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I'll handle it next time or sim or I'll see off osick can.

Razor's last few seasons were pretty bad too. They actually lowered his career WAR and ZR in CF.

Wolfman21

lol, the pitching in the SL is ridiculous. 3.29 starter ERA is 7th in the league. 2.17 bullpen ERA is 5th in the league. Jesus

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
lol, the offensive prowess in the NL is ridiculous. .275 batting average is 6th in the league. .325 on-base pct is 4th in the league. Jesus

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sef "Don't call me Seth" Kimya with Rookie and Batter of the month awards!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Between park and rest, I think perfect situation from him. He might also be one of those guys that plays better on good teams.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I always liked Elias, but he helped me land the Swede so whatevs. He balled in Buffalo though so your theory is wrong :laughing:

doh

He was good but not leading league in OPS/WAR good... not that it'll last.

I do think rest is absolutely key in the game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Lol ok. It's not like he was a scrub. If he finishes with last years numbers I'm sure you'd take that.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Buffalo's morale was also terrible the past couple years, which is why the team is doing better this year, so he definitely would've gotten a bump regardless. Doing better than I expected though.

doh

Lol ok. It's not like he was a scrub. If finishes with last years numbers I'm sure you'd take that.
Of course I would take it. I'm just pointing out that I think rest and morale probably have to do with him having an insane start to the season.

Wolfman21

Anyone need a catcher with some pop or a guy you could use at DH vs LHP or RHP? Roberto Sanchez is available.

Wooly

Look at Buffalo well over .500, thirty games in. Menno Kiene is earning that money now too, hitting well.

The Lloyd and Yankee tandem is working.

Wolfman21

When the rest of ur team goes down don't be talking about wanting to ban injuries.

ill never want to ban them. I just think the new day to day system is dickered

Right out the gate, Silva and Lousa get Day to Day injuries that have them "DTD" for 4 weeks and 3 months respectively. How do you handle a pitcher with a DTD injury that will have that designation for 3 months? How do you GET a DTD injury that lasts 3 months? that doesn't even make sense to me

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It's a niggle that they can play through but will affect their performance and they will be more prone to actual injury (where they cant play). I think it is vary realistic,honestly. Many players deal with long nagging injuries in this 2017 sim.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Shiiit.. SP Piccoli out for 4 months. Thank lawd I dealt for Baleia (whom is returning from injury hisself) and Eastham last season. Otherwise we would be up a crick without a paddle.