• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wolfman21's NCAA 14 - Indiana Hoosier Dynasty

Wolfman21

Well I gotta do something for the next month until classes start

I never played past '10. Is there a consensus best PS2 version? Sorry @Wolfman21 for the continual hijacks

I don't remember the best version for PS2. And don't worry about the hijacking, I'm fine with people using my dynasty as a discussion board.

You running a 4-2-5 base defense?

Yes. Keeps more speed on the field and I'm more of a zone guy than a M2M guy. I use mostly Cover-3 with some mixed in zone blitzes and the occasional man 2 man. With my defense being overmatched for the most part, its better for me to keep everything in front and just tackle what I can. Eventually, once I get some studs, ill prolly mix in more m2m

NML

Well I gotta do something for the next month until classes start

I never played past '10. Is there a consensus best PS2 version? Sorry @Wolfman21 for the continual hijacks

IMO it's 06, but 04 is also a popular choice (but I never played it so I can't say).

I have a thread on it in the NCAA section. Other than simplified play books, I think it holds up pretty well.

Wolfman21

anyone wanna explain to me how to have big receivers play like big receivers?? Why do my 6'4 receivers with 85+ Spectacular Catch and 90+ jumping keep getting out jumped by 5'10 DBs? Sometimes, they don't even jump!

Soonerfan09

When the ball is in the air, I hold triangle/Y and every once in a while my WR will make an attempt to go up and get it. Been successful a couple times as well.

Wolfman21

seems everytime i do that, my receivers just keep running and do the hands out in front of them, im gonna try and basket catch it while the CB/S stands there and leaps for it. Its sickening. My WR Cobbs has 97 catch, 88 spectacular catch, 89 catch in traffic and 91 jump and about 95% of the time, the CB out jumps him. Hes never won a jump ball. EVER.

Wolfman21

just practice moded a little bit with it.

Seems i get the most success by switching and waiting for the player to get about 2-3 steps away from the catch circle...at which point i hold the left bumper and the Y/Triangle. Still not a great success rate, however better than i've ever done.

Wolfman21

As for the dynasty, I am updated through Week 5 of the 2014 season...my second with the Hoosiers. We sit at 3-0 after beating up on North Texas and then squeaking by both Bowling Green and Rutgers on the road.

Recruiting looks a little stronger to start than last season. I have implemented that I can add no more than 2 of the "unrecruited" players and they MUST be regional guys. So i can't go grab a guy from Texas, Florida or California that isn't being recruited. As for now, I have multiple halfbacks who have interest in me including the #4 HB in the land who has me as his #1. He isn't GREAT at just a 74 OVR, and none of his stats stick out...but he could be a solid back in the future for me.

The best prospect I have on my list right now is the #12 DE in the nation, Tyrone Duncan from Plainfield, IN. He is a little strange as he is 5'11 260 pounds, so most of the top teams are passing over him due to his size. However, what he lacks for in size, he makes up for in BADASSNESS. 84 speed, 87 acceleration, 78 power moves, 84 finesse moves, 78 block shedding, 84 hit power, 89 pursuit. This Tamba Hali clone is going to be ready to rock as soon as he steps on campus and is EXACTLY the type of recruit I need to target at Indiana. A badass with one flaw that keeps the top programs away.

Wolfman21

Haven't updated it yet, but I'm in week 6...got a commit from the aforementioned DE Tyrone Duncan. Can't WAIT to get him in the program and let him flourish.

Also.........Found my QB. He was one of the 2 unrecruited guys I allow myself to add. Hes from Maryland. 6'4 210. 90 THP, 80 THA. I went from the outhouse to the penthouse in regards to QB prospects. IF I can get him to come to Indiana, he would likely be the starter in his SO(RS) season.

Wolfman21

Updated through week 8 of my second season. Commitments from 5 players now including 4* #33 ATH Dylan Brown, 3* #62 HB Justin Burch, 4*#12 DE Tyrone Duncan, 3* #88 CB Matt Cook and 3* #77 QB Adam Landry.

Hoping that landing Landry doesn't hurt me with Sims. I had taken all but like 50 point away from Landry once I added Sims, but it must have been enough for him to go ahead and pull the trigger even with an offer from Michigan State in hand.

As for the season, we sit at 4-2 (2-1). Two tough losses back to back to USF and Michigan State where my QB play has been...less than spectacular. Lagow is just not that good. Too often i hit a button and the ball just doesn't go where its supposed to. Last game against Michigan State I had a receiver running a route about 30 yds downfield, wide ass open. I hit his button and the ball goes about 15 yds downfield straight into the arms of the outside linebacker. *shrug*. Please Leroy Sims....come save this school

Wolfman21

it also helps when their defense stays man to man with my wideouts like its no problem but my d-backs can't stay within 10 yds of theirs

Wolfman21

updated for the amazing finish against Purdue.

Let me just say that I scored on an 81 yard play as time expired to win the game.

Wolfman21

Updated up to week 11 of my second season. Sittin pretty at 6-2 (4-1). Face off against #7 Ohio State who is leading our division at 7-1 (5-0).

As for Recruiting, as you can see if you look at AVID, i'm signing most of the guys i want. I've only got about 4 guys left on my board and i SHOULD get all of them. Big signings will be #11 QB Leroy Sims, #5 WR Jon Daniels, #4 HB Keon Curry and #12 DE Tyrone Duncan. All are gonna come in 78 OVR or higher except for Curry who is gonna likely have to battle with ATH Dylan Brown and HB Justin Burch when its their time.

Wolfman21

Recruiting is going halfway decent. Most of my big names are actually FROM Indiana. Daniels and Duncan, prolly my two BEST recruits, are from Indiana. Curry is from California but he had me high on his list from the beginning, so I'm gonna guess there is some connection with Indiana there. Sims was the under-the-radar guy who blew up at camps he went to through the summer and just kinda flew under the radar so I was able to jump on him.

This class is gonna be small though...like, 11 signees small.

As for results on the field......I'm beating up on some bad teams...and not beating them very well. Purdue and Illinois are terrrrrible and I struggled with them. Anytime I face a more than decent team I get beat.

Wolfman21

Oof.

That game against Purdue though. Wow.

I know there are ways you can cheeze this game, but that wasn't one of them. I lined up 4 wide and they must have had a coverage breakdown because my dude was wide open in the middle of the field. I made one strong cut to the left, their last defender dove and missed and it was nothing but green grass.

Wolfman21

Upgraded through Week 13 and the Maryland game. Extremely defensive game against Maryland and a really great overtime game against Wisconsin that had Griffin Oakes miss his first FG of the season in an OT loss. Indiana sits at 7-4 (5-3) going into their season finale against #15 Penn State in Happy Valley.

Recruiting news.........we got our quarterback baby! Leroy Sims commits! 78 OVR, 74 SPD, 74 ACC, 90 THP, 80 THA. Hes not quite the prospect that Prince Marks was last season (who is riding the bench behind a guy only 1 OVR higher than he is) that went to Western Michigan. marks was a 94/87 THP/THA. But still....this guy is gonna have the best arm talent on my team the moment he enters. He will join the team with the best THP by 5 THP atleast. He will lag slightly behind in THA...but hes gonna get a SERIOUS shot at winning the job for next season.

Wolfman21

im about to dive into the remaining prospects and try to find some SPEED. Not gonna go after top 4/5* type guys. Gonna look for overlooked 2/3* dudes with some speeeeed. This team needs SPEEEEED so badly

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
im about to dive into the remaining prospects and try to find some SPEED. Not gonna go after top 4/5* type guys. Gonna look for overlooked 2/3* dudes with some speeeeed. This team needs SPEEEEED so badly
Is Discipline a thing on the PS3 game?

Wolfman21

what is driving me fucking crazy is how the computer DB's basically fucking are step for step with my receivers and my DBs can't stay within 5 yards of the computer wideouts. The same in the running game. Their receivers/linemen hold their blocks for fucking ever. My linemen/wideouts engage and then like a second later, they're disengaged and a play is being made. Drives me nuts

Wolfman21

After an off night, ill prolly jump back into this tonight and try and get through the offseason. I've played the PSU game, final game of the season...so all that's left is Bowl Game, recruiting and data entry for season 2.

Wolfman21

Pretty sure I'm updated through the end of my 2nd season and I've updated the roster for season 3. That's about as far as I've gotten, but ill post a few notes on what I've seen and what I'm expecting with season 3...

1. FR QB Leroy Sims will redshirt. I was maybe going to roll with the True Freshman, but returning SR QB Danny Cameron improved just too much for me to start Sims over him. Cameron is at 87 THP and 87 THA now...jumping 3-4 points in each over the offseason. Plan will be for Sims to redshirt this season and then he'll compete with what will be SR Austin King and fellow RSFR Adam Landry.

2. Only ONE true freshman will get some run this season, short of any injuries, and that is going to be HB Keon Curry. Curry was one of three incoming freshmen backs that I had to choose between to be my 2nd back behind returning HB Devonte Williams. This will be a position to watch as there is just one college carry between any of my backs. So I'm going into this season fresh as can be.

3. I lost one of my favorite LB's ever in Marcus Oliver. I've got inexperience coming for those two positions losing both Oliver and Scales. We shall see how that works.

4. My offensive line should be much improved. Mostly sophs/juniors/seniors now and every starter is over 80 OVR except my RT.

Wolfman21

So i'm back at it, but I have a bit of a weird setup right now which makes inputting data very awkward and just no fun really. So i'll be updating recruiting, the games and my teams stats. I will not be putting in the opposing players stats for the time being until I can get my office re-situated.

Wolfman21

Sorry i haven't been back to this guys. Two reasons:

1. Babbywolf's due date is in 1 week........so i've been busy.

2. I played like 3 games and the fucking PS3 crashed before i had a chance to save. So basically the last 3 games i've entered have been erased....and i dont know what to do with that

Wolfman21

lol, never did get back to this. I've been jonesing to play some NCAA the past week or so and wondered whatever happened to my Indiana dynasty. I guess I now remember. I may have to start up another one soon. Since we moved, I can't remember what I did with my PS3....gotta find it