• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wolfman21's NCAA 14 - Indiana Hoosier Dynasty

Wolfman21

I've been wanting to start a dynasty back up but hated getting multiple years down the road and not being able to remember stats/recruits and what they were ranked, etc.

The Hoosiers are 2-1 after taking Missouri out behind the woodshed. Navy did the same to us the week prior. Up next is a visit to Rutgers to begin Big-10 Play.

I've added some high rated recruits to my board that were being passed over by pretty much everyone. Thanks EA Sports!

As for Recruiting...QB Prince Marks, #5 QB in all the land, had me in his top 3 right out of the gate. I'm going at him as hard as possible but losing ground to Central and Western Michigan due to him being from Muskegon, MI. Dude was already the #5 QB Prospect, however he is also a GEM recruit with a now 80 OVR ranking...94 THP and 87 THA. Pure pocket passing juiciness.

The 5-6 prospects i added this past week are all rated 70-78 OVR to include a tackle, a TE, 2 WR and a SS. I'm also in good with a 72 OVR C prospect which is a need position for me going into the off season so thats good news.

My plan is to build Indiana up into a year by year contender for the title. Once I'm comfortable with that, I'll likely move to a smaller school and build them from garbage to elite!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That'll happen every year. You could sign a top 10 class every cycle without ever even recruiting until Week 8 or so. If you want to make recruiting more like what it would actually be like at IU, you can always impose recruiting rules. I have a dynasty at IU right now as well and I limited myself to 2 and 3* guys for the first year and then only allowed myself to sign 2 4* guys in the second year.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

That'll happen every year. You could sign a top 10 class ever cycle without ever even recruiting until Week 8 or so. If you want to make recruiting more like what it would actually be like at IU, you can always impose recruiting rules. I have a dynasty at IU right now as well and I limited myself to 2 and 3* guys for the first year and then only allowed myself to sign 2 4* guys in the second year.

When i've done dynasties in the past (i had a San Jose State/UGA dynasty on the old board) i restrict myself to recruit regionally and i usually restrict myself to only adding 1 or 2 of the "unrecruited guys". I added like 4 this time because they are regional dudes that I could see Indiana maybe landing with the excitement of a regime change. After this season though i will be restricting myself to only 1 or 2 of those dudes per season

Wolfman21

No sliders. Just the default. It made for competitive games in my last dynasty. Offense does seem too easy and defense seems like a hope and a prayer right now though. So I feel like I need to find a little better balance. But im not sure. Might play a season or two and see where I stand.

Wolfman21

im gonna enjoy building up....

but i had almost forgotten how busted some of the things that happen in this game are. The stiff arm animation where the ball carrier carries your defender for 10 yards down the field after contact. I hit a guy 2 yards behind the LOS...he ended up getting a 6 yard gain with my dude hangin on him the entire time. Crazy

Wolfman21

Updated through week 7 of year 1. Two back to back tough losses to Nebraska and Penn State to drop me to 3-3 (1-2). Did pick up my first two commits in the #13 Center and #13 kicker in the country though.

Soonerfan09

I'm doing a dynasty with Utah (started out as an Offensive Coordinator at UTEP using http://forums.operationsports.com/f...14-os-community-playmakers-split-sliders.html these sliders (on tapatalk and don't know how to insert a link) with minor adjustments that can be found towards the end of the thread - 0 speed threshold and something that hampers the HUM run game slightly and possibly helps the CPU run game, but I can't remember. I won the nation championship in my first season with Utah (ground game was too strong) using the sliders on the first page, but with the adjustments, I'm 2-1 in my second season and currently down to Cal 14-10 at halftime.
Either way, I'll be following along.

Wolfman21

The run game, in general, seems overpowered to me. ESPECIALLY the fucking read option. I refuse to run it its so easy. I just had a backup QB with 70 speed put up 100+ yds rushing on me because the entire defense runs with the RB and then their WR's hold blocks like Pro Bowl linemen.

Not to mention that every run ends with the running back falling forward for 4 yds. Hitting the RB at the LOS ends up a 3-4 yd gain most times. lol. Just crazy

Soonerfan09

The read option was my problem as well. I run Auburn's playbook and during my first offseason with Utah, I recruiting an athlete who was an 80 overall QB (85 speed, 86 agility, 92 acceleration) as a FR. He won the the Heisman his FR year (same year we won the NC), although he was towards the latter half in the nation in passing yards. I think the adjustments I've made to the sliders have fixed that, though.

Wolfman21

Yeah. And mobile QB's are a dime a dozen. You can find a read option QB with relative ease either through QB's or through the athletes.

Soonerfan09

Yeah. And mobile QB's are a dime a dozen. You can find a read option QB with relative ease either through QB's or through the athletes.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Every team is either starting or has a number 2 with 85+ overall speed. It really hurts a game that otherwise has had great longevity. Other than that, I would like to see recruiting gonto more of a College Hoops 2K8 style and I doubt I'd ever leave my room (updated animations and offensive/defensive playbook was well.)

Wolfman21

2K has been better in about every aspect since the dawn of man. Too bad EA bought out the NFL and college games are no more because of greedy fucks

College Hoops 2k's recruiting was too difficult for me. I'd win like 3 championships in a row, have like 3 starting positions open for studs to come in and take, and couldn't sign but like one guy in the top 50, and it was usually like the 13th best PG.

Soonerfan09

Instead of getting Madden this year (which I always buy and never play), I think I'm going to get APF 2k8. I think I played it once or twice on my dad's Xbox, but never on PS3, so I never got used to the controls. But I loved how I could select what the defensive line does separate from the coverage I call...similar to real football. It sucks that there is no franchise mode.
I'll sure I'll still buy Madden, but I know I'll end up playing APF more and it's only $3 at GameStop, so it's pretty hard to pass on.

Wolfman21

no way in hell i'd buy madden. I played madden 17 a month or so ago for free before i gave up the ea access thing. Its bloody terrible. 4 years later and ncaa 14 has smoother gameplay.

Wolfman21

at halftime of my week 10 game against the 0-8 Terrapins. I'm getting routed. This is the worst team in the game and i'm getting routed. They're playing like alabama. Its ridiculous

Wolfman21

this is the type of game that makes me not want to play this game anymore. Its so blatantly obvious that the game is cheating that its ridiculous.

Wolfman21

Maryland finished with 8 passes deflected...just to give you an idea of what i was dealing with. Their QB only threw 3 incomplete passes in 24 attempts.

Wolfman21

made up for that debauchery in Maryland by coming home and undressing Illinois. Was a game i NEEDED to win for multiple reasons.

1. Had alot of big recruits coming in (check my signing sheet on avid to see who all signed. BIG TIME)
2. I'm now 5-4. one more win and i'm going bowling. Presumably, that will be Purdue as I'm left with Wisconsin, OSU and Purdue. If I had lost to Illinois, I would have needed to beat one of Wisky and OSU as well as Purdue to go bowling. Thats likely not going to happen. Now I just need to beat Purdue to get to a bowl. Anything else is gravy.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Stick mode, hmm. I realized it must be so when I checked out your AVID link and saw Heisman difficulty. Don't want to spoiler the thread but I'm looking forward to your in-season recruiting wrap. Especially about one that seems to have gotten away.

Great change bringeth great... change. While moving I found my old PS2 and memory cards. Realized a man needs a nucleus around which to rebuild his life. Amiright?

Wolfman21

right right right.

I haven't lost a ton of recruits....though 4* Stud QB Prince Marks seems to be slipping away and is prolly gone.

Am in week 14 now for those following along. Make sure to check out the link to follow along. Am at 6-5 after losing a nailbiter to #2 Ohio State. Have what is currently rated the #21 recruiting class with three 4*s, ten 3*'s and a 1*. Added a couple jucos this week to try and round this out and found a GEM juco guard.

Left with Purdue in the season finale and then the Bowl Game. Right now we are projected to face Akron in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Not a big time bowl, but for a team that hasn't been to a bowl in 6 seasons...we'll take it!

Wolfman21

BTW, i do plan on finishing this season up tomorrow and getting into the preseason stuff for next season. Looking forward to adding some of "my guys" into the mix.

I wish i could paste the custom view shit in this thread so that it would be viewable on the board. That was what was awesome about the operation sports tables that I used in my SJSU/Georgia dynasty i did like two boards ago. I could copy their formatting code and paste it on the board and it would turn into a beautiful display

Wolfman21

Just finished my first regular season with Indiana by defeating Purdue 16-14 to go to 7-5 (5-4) on the season. Griffin Oakes kicked his second game winning, time expiring, field goal in the last 3 games.

We now await our bowl destination!

Wolfman21

We get Georgia in the Gator Bowl!

J.T. Barrett of Ohio State wins the Heisman.

#1 Clemson is upset by Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game and falls to #6 in the nation. Oklahoma and Tennessee will be the National Title Game!

Wolfman21

Tough loss against Georgia. They outclassed us bad. Gonna take a few seasons to get that kinda talent in here. About finished updating all the stuff for this season. Just need to get through offseason recruiting and then ill be able to move forward to 2014

Wolfman21

As for recruiting stories on the "one that got away". That would be QB Prince Marks. #5 QB in the land and was a GEM to come out 80 OVR. 94 THP and like 87 THA. Dude was a pocket passing dynamo. Only problem was, he was from Michigan. Apparently Michigan nor Michigan State needed him, so he ended up signing with Western Michigan. Western Michigan and Iowa were his final two. Can't wait to see what kinda numbers he puts up in Western Michigan's shit conference.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

wp-1479421733507.gif
Just like I drew it up

Wolfman21

that young o-line ur gonna have, somebody gonna get rekt

Yeah. Lost Feeney to the draft...he went in the first round. He was my starting RG. Lost my starting RT and my starting LG as well i think. Lookin at a starting O-Line with only one guy over 80 OVR :scared:

Wolfman21

Ok, Dynasty is updated on avid through the end of the 2013 season and all of the preseason stuff is updated for 2014 including all of my roster updates, depth chart, new recruiting board, schedule, preseason all americans, etc. First game up is week 2 vs North Texas.

My needs this recruiting cycle are HB and QB. I've found a couple HB's i like but the QB pool thats interested in me is............not good.

Reactions: NML

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
best guy I've found that has any interest has like 78 THP and 77 THA with like 74 speed

:crying2:
Sometimes guys like that are really good though. Fast enough to duck a blindside rush. Arm enough to heave a jump ball downfield.

How does AWR factor in on 14?

Wolfman21

My current qb is like 87/84 and hes ok...but he will throw a few that are just horrendous, way off the mark. A 78/77 might end up with low to mid 80s ratings by his upperclassman years...which is ok i guess, but not great.

Anyways, the guy i bring in doesnt need to be ready right away as ill have SR danny Cameron and JR Austin King next year available. So we shall see.