• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I wouldn't bring a photoshop about something as serious as girls farting in KD's mouth. I know how to lank tweets but idk if the whole convo would post so I just used the pic that various websites are using to comment on the story.

Bucksin04

IND's goal should be to get the #2 pick from LAL plus some young players (evil1 is on the right track) while using CLE and BOS as leverage. Tell LAL "Do you really want to risk what happened to Kevin Love where he allegedly wanted to play for the Lakers so badly but got the taste of playing with LeBron and getting close to a title so he elected to stay long term in Cleveland?" or "Do you really want to risk PG going to Boston and falling in love with Brad Stevens there so he elects to sign long term there?"

GR8 2 B FL G8R

This shit is actually happening tonight :laughing:

DCpyZ1DUMAQP3jJ.jpg:large
@kdtrey5
82f949cba6afa5267e2477b12d43b8e3.jpg

evil1

IND's goal should be to get the #2 pick from LAL plus some young players (evil1 is on the right track) while using CLE and BOS as leverage. Tell LAL "Do you really want to risk what happened to Kevin Love where he allegedly wanted to play for the Lakers so badly but got the taste of playing with LeBron and getting close to a title so he elected to stay long term in Cleveland?" or "Do you really want to risk PG going to Boston and falling in love with Brad Stevens there so he elects to sign long term there?"
The Lakers response should be to say that while they love Paul George, he is not the only big name player that is becoming a free agent within the next year. They are better off keeping that extra young player/draft pick and gambling on PG still wanting to come to LA with the other available free agents as backup plans.

evil1

BOS-PHI trade is official.

Long story short, Boston traded the #1 pick for the #3 pick and the Kings 2019 pick*

*there is a chance the pick can be the Lakers 2018 pick or the Sixers own 2019 pick it being as long as neither are the #1 pick

Trades can certainly be win-win scenarios for both teams, but Bryan Coangelo won this trade with Danny Ainge. I just don't see how this puts Boston in a better position to become a true contender. If they are setting up a future trade, Fultz would be a better trade chip.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Long story short, Boston traded the #1 pick for the #3 pick and the Kings 2019 pick*

*there is a chance the pick can be the Lakers 2018 pick or the Sixers own 2019 pick it being as long as neither are the #1 pick

Trades can certainly be win-win scenarios for both teams, but Bryan Coangelo won this trade with Danny Ainge. I just don't see how this puts Boston in a better position to become a true contender. If they are setting up a future trade, Fultz would be a better trade chip.

just read a tweet from Ainge that said that they feel that whoever they were gonna draft at 1, is going to be there at 3.

Philly prolly got fleeced

Asset Ainge be like

giphy (11).gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ainge tryna get Gordo and Jimmy B into a C's uniform?

I haven't been looking at this shit all day so I'm catching up

evil1

Ainge can get Gordo or Jimmy B, but they will not have the cap space to get both (unless they decide not to give IT a max contract next year).

just read a tweet from Ainge that said that they feel that whoever they were gonna draft at 1, is going to be there at 3.
Chad Ford posted something similar that Boston thought Fultz was in the same tier as Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum. In other words, they thought Fultz was a very good prospect but not a superstar.

I can buy that, but that also suggests that Boston isn't planning on making a major trade with their assets. I think that is also a mistake.

NML

Ainge can get Gordo or Jimmy B, but they will not have the cap space to get both (unless they decide not to give IT a max contract next year).

Wrong

Trade Butler or PG for two of the picks and either Bradley or Crowder plus non-guarantees
Sign either Hayward or Blake

IT, Butler/PG, Hayward/Blake, Bradley/Crowder, Horford

Then you either trade Horford or let IT walk. Maybe you could get really creative and pay a billion in tax and keep all four, but I'm not sure on that.

NML

Here's what Reel was tombout

So that says this trade means fuck all in terms of a bigger move. Wonder if it's Jackson or Tatum.

Don't buy the "because of IT" talk because Ainge will always take the best available player in his mind. It's not Fultz

Bucksin04

I made a flow chart

NML

If only the Celtics had extra first round picks to get someone to take him

But there's definitely a market for big men who can shoot

Reel

Community Liaison
If only the Celtics had extra first round picks to get someone to take him

But there's definitely a market for big men who can shoot
You and I value Horford very differently in that regard.

I will say his later playoff games, he was much better but there were significant parts during the run where he was abysmal. He was getting out rebounded by a huge margin.

I'm at the bar and ain't looking up no stats but at times it was 4 on 5 with how bad he was

NML

You and I value Horford very differently in that regard.

I will say his later playoff games, he was much better but there were significant parts during the run where he was abysmal. He was getting out rebounded by a huge margin.

I'm at the bar and ain't looking up no stats but at times it was 4 on 5 with how bad he was

He's never been a good rebounder. He's a solid defender, and one of the best pick and roll big men in the game. Just added a solid three point shot to his game. And he's nearly 7 feet tall.

What about NBA free agency would make you think he wouldn't get a max this off season?

Reel

Community Liaison
He's never been a good rebounder. He's a solid defender, and one of the best pick and roll big men in the game. Just added a solid three point shot to his game. And he's nearly 7 feet tall.

What about NBA free agency would make you think he wouldn't get a max this off season?
We still talking about Horford?

NML

lol Reel playing checkers

He's a four time all star. He just played in Atlanta so he was underrated. 36% from three, 80% free throw. Five assists a game.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Never been a good rebounder? Just added a 3 point shot?

You ever watch Dem G8r boys?

Reel

Community Liaison
lol Reel playing checkers

He's a four time all star. He just played in Atlanta so he was underrated. 36% from three, 80% free throw. Five assists a game.
Horford making $26M this season and will be making 30M the last year of his deal

Would you be saying this about about other player if they didn't play for Boston?

NML

Reel doing his classic "I'm just going to keep asking questions that don't follow my initial argument"

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Is Reel the one claiming a guy who has grabbed about 10 boards a game since his junior year of college has never been a good rebounder?

Reel is talking about the present day, and it is obvious Horford is not the player nor the rebounder he once was. He is grossly overpaid for his production. But it seems that's part and parcel of being an NBA player, just like being run over or stabbed as a Londoner.

Reel

Community Liaison
My initial question was is there a market for Horford at his contract then nml asked if I thought he was a Max contract player

Is this not the conversation?

evil1

I think the original argument was that Boston could always trade Horford if they need more cap space, particularly if they trade for Jimmy Butler and add Gordon Hayward. I disagree. I think it would be incredibly difficult to trade Horford unless it is the last year of his contract (Horford's deal expires in 2020). Horford is scheduled to make approximately $28 million over the next three years.

While there generally may be a market for big men who can shoot, there isn't a market for players with a $28 million price tag. Good luck finding a trading partner for that, especially if Boston has already traded most of their assets to get Jimmy Butler in the first place (the original argument).

NML

Horford had, what, four max offers last summer?

And again, I said they have plenty of picks to convince someone to take him. I'm not oblivious that he's overpaid.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Sure if they want to send picks for someone to take him someone will. I just don't think there is a huge market for him alone