• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The caps can make any goalie look like playoff Roy

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wow seeing the replay that was a horrible call. He is standing right there when the Puck rolls under backstrom

sayo

YEET
I still can't get over that quick whistle there with the loose puck in the slot and Fleury without a stick. :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Playoff hockey brings out the best of me on social media. An exchange with some dipshit I went to HS with that blows his load in a Tampa 2:

fuckstick.png

TonyGin&Juice

I think the Flyers out-shot their opponents in probably 80% of their games. They're golfing now.

The "they had more shots" argument is just idiotic. The Caps were hoping for a lucky bounce and didn't get it. That's their style of play and it works well for them during the regular season but if they play like that these next three games Ovi gonna be blowing loads in Russian hoez instead of trying to sharp shoot through screens.

Simo77

Was a really good game overall. Caps pushed pretty hard in the late 2nd and 3rd period and I could have easily seen them win. Then Flash Orpik decided to Cap real hard. I still hope this series goes the distance. I know they won't but the Caps gotta sit Orpik.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If they sit him they have to play Chorney, unless Alzner is really 100%. Honestly, I don't know why after getting Shattenkirk their plan wasn't to use him as Orpik's replacement instead of keeping Orpik around. It's baffling.

Maybe they'll draft a D man on Saturday :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They outshot them 35-21 while passing up easy shots for fancy passes. Probably should have been more like 45-21, and they'd probably have another goal too.

TonyGin&Juice

They outshot them 35-21 while passing up easy shots for fancy passes. Probably should have been more like 45-21, and they'd probably have another goal too.

Don't get TROG trapped on that shite bossman. At least 15 of those 35 shots were when Sieve Fleury was flailing around like a beached whale before the ref blew it dead.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
One thing I like about NHL is how much better they seem to be at evaluating talent

"Hey this guy [Ovechkin, Crosby, Subban, McDavid, Matthews] is a generational player" almost always seems true. I'm trying to think of some tremendous busts from the past decade or so and can't come up with much. How many clown ass bitch maids are drafted in the NFL who just suck the whole fucking time despite tremendous collegiate success?

lol Johnny Manziel

sayo

YEET
How much of that is the difference between the games though? CFB is almost an entirely different sport. Same can be said for CBB. I'd imagine hockey between different levels translates better. Then again, I could be totally wrong since I don't watch anything other than the NHL when it comes to hockey. :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Haha, that goal is straight out of NHL 17

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This game is kinda boring tbh fam

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
One thing I like about NHL is how much better they seem to be at evaluating talent

"Hey this guy [Ovechkin, Crosby, Subban, McDavid, Matthews] is a generational player" almost always seems true. I'm trying to think of some tremendous busts from the past decade or so and can't come up with much. How many clown ass bitch maids are drafted in the NFL who just suck the whole fucking time despite tremendous collegiate success?

lol Johnny Manziel

Scouting in hockey definitely has improved since the turn of the century, because there were a ton of guys in the 90s who busted hard.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Turrible. Im definitely no hockey veteran but I've never seen a playoff game with fucking 5 power plays to 0. Fucking nuts. Whatever. Gift win.

Excited to watch the next game though. I love the way both teams play.