• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

Wooly

Signing two prospects that would have gone in the top 5 of the previous draft...feels good man, feels good
Congratulations. I was on favors status for a while with him, stayed as the top offer each sim, then the last day I tried to offer what was well above your 6.5m and I hit that budget glitch (you can't offer any more). Watched you scoop him up and ticked me off.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
tumblr_lk2ao9jOxR1qjpza4o1_500.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was just hanging out in the west wing when a thought occurred, it was innocent at first. "It would be a huge hit to surprise the league with something funny after all of the turmoil of late" my naive mind thought. It hit me when I was a particular logo on the OOTP forums, so I set about my work. I had to teach myself how to do graphics design very poorly again, but I thought it would pay off. Coming where I'm from I should have known better, but as we've seen these past 30 seasons I really don't think about the consequences before I dive into something. I'm going to use the IMPACT font for this because as the prophecy foretold, there is now a curse upon my house. I expect the locusts shortly.

BEHOLD:

2LKy4eb.png

*small disclaimer I did have to put him AAA for this, I made sure his morale didn't take a hit (why would it, he's never sad), and he's happy as a pig in shit.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh and of course my big reveal is on the last post of the page, .67 of this?
images

GF's doge already ran into the den and shat right next to me, it has begun.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So here's the fun part for me most likely. I changed a ton of stuff. I have been planning to add logos to all of the minor leagues since we started this league but never did, and yesterday I stumbled upon a massive amount of full logo/uniform/caps that were top notch. The problem is a lot of our minor league teams didn't fit and I'm not good enough to change all the names and match fonts.

So here is kind of a test to see what you guys want to do, and we have the past file ready to go if this is too much. If it makes the league more immersive to have logos and uniforms and stuff (it doesn't balloon the file at all because I can delete the generics that preceded them) then we can continue on. You will have to use the drop down menu for your team for a little bit to get used to the new names and I know that's a bitch. I thought this might outweigh that given the quality of artwork. If you guys don't like it though that's completely fine and we can revert very easily this isn't something that is irreversible.

Going to per-emptively say fair point that the preseason is not optimal to do this and I have all the files lined up if you guys do like it and want to wait until later like maybe the off-season or something. I wanted you to see it though because without seeing what it looks like it doesn't really sound like it's worth it. The artwork is a big immersion thing to me but I know from the past it isn't for others so that's why we had backups and all that jazz.

So I while I did mean to do this without telling you as a "surprise motherfucka" type thing, I also understand changing half the league overnight is dumb as hell. It would end up being all of the teams having full kits, meaning more changes. Late in the day today I learned how to make my own jerseys and caps so going forward the full set isn't required, I just can't make logos as well as other people and so I have to rely on their team names at this point.

Just wanted to make it clear I didn't go into this thinking it wouldn't be a shock and cause some angst.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well Santiago can just be 'Kings' if that works better. As long as you didn't change Casablanca Time I'm cool with it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But that's another thing, if you don't like what I put for your team that's fine too. It can be swapped out to something you prefer, this was mostly about seeing what it could be rather than what it will be.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lets just pose a hypothetical situation.... if an OU was to ordain that Douglass was to spend his next 10 years making 1M/year in AAA, I would not be sad.... But only if his LEADERSHIP INFLUENCE BONUS still applies to NDR, OBvie............

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Unlike the Bathers of Hot Springs Arkansas, he only dipped his toe in the water. I don't think it will even register in the OOTP universe though since you'll export and it will have never happened. Alternate timelines are everywhere in OOTP

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Man, @OU11 you must have the SIM BABBY SIM magic or something because I managed, which I thought I had no chance of doing, to sign these guys:
  • Marvin Garner [Old but can eat up some innings]
  • Luis Romero [International Free Agent 3B with 70 D, might get optioned to AA to build up ABs]
  • Arthur Mwangata [Another old guy but a "luxury" signing and if he's close to what he did in the half season I had him last year he's Werth the money]
  • Naruhiko Kobayashi [New closer]
  • Iván 'Fiasco' Mora [International Free Agent OF with decent D at all three positions, might option him to AAA to get ABs after ST]
  • Gareth Hesketh [Super utility guy]
  • Adro 'Worm' Piteira [For $1M he can spell LF/RF/1B and lead off if guys struggle, he sucks but he was $1M]
  • Mack Bonhomme [DH/1B, signed for that VERY HIGH leadership ability]
  • Manuel Díaz [RP/SP "luxury" signing, we'll see if he goes to AA/AAA after ST]
Of those nine guys I thought three of them (Fiasco, Kobayashi, Diaz) would sign with someone else, specifically "Fiasco" since TravSpie and QUAL were both in on him. Should be interesting to see if adding these guys gets us closer to "The Road to 500", especially with a couple of the guys in the minors potentially breaking camp with us.

Wolfman21

I was spending all 5 of my minutes trying to figure out why I still had 26 mil to spend and couldn't while trying to prepare for 2 weddings this weekend. Make it guaranteed, tax me 100%... Do whatever

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was spending all 5 of my minutes trying to figure out why I still had 26 mil to spend and couldn't while trying to prepare for 2 weddings this weekend. Make it guaranteed, tax me 100%... Do whatever
Just deal with it until next year, i dont cry every day because when i tried to fix the league it left me unable to even offer ronnie collins.

You got shafted, sorry. But in reality the only way you got shafted is it is tricking you by saying you have money that you don't have. Just have to let it roll off when YoY budgets correct themselves.

Or I'll just join in and cry every day about collins too.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR TAINTED PITCHER WHOEVER SIGNED HIM

Wolfman21

Just deal with it until next year, i dont cry every day because when i tried to fix the league it left me unable to even offer ronnie collins.

You got shafted, sorry. But in reality the only way you got shafted is it is tricking you by saying you have money that you don't have. Just have to let it roll off when YoY budgets correct themselves.

Or I'll just join in and cry every day about collins too.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR TAINTED PITCHER WHOEVER SIGNED HIM

wut? I was explaining why i fucked up the TO on the catcher who i signed that i don't even know his name. I don't even care about the budget issue anymore, whats done is done.