• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fy6rwpfokyzvduv/Logos.rar?dl=0

WELCOME MANAGER-OWNERS

The WBL Winter Meeting Committee would like to invite GM-Owner-Managers and their family and friends to the 117th WBL Winter Meetings in Buffalo, New York!

JC_110224__R9P6036W.jpg

If you haven't seen Buffalo lately, you haven't seen Buffalo! Long known for its mild and temperate winters, we anticipate owners to have an enjoyable time walking around the intergalactic megacity. Known as a vibrant city with lots to see and discover, you can take a quick stroll around downtown or take the hover-train to the quant Buffalo suburbs of Manhattan, NYC.

While massively in debt, the City of Buffalo has a lot to show for it! This classic American city is undergoing a 22nd century renaissance that includes over $100 billion space credits in redevelopment, a revitalized waterfront and neighborhoods, burgeoning craft beer scene and new attractions, restaurants and hotels. That’s in addition to the classic American architecture (including several Frank Lloyd Wright buildings), world-renowned art scene and eponymous chicken wings that have always put the city on the map. And that map has grown, since folding most of the eastern megalopolis into Buffalo borders through growth, economic warfare, and armed annexation.

coruscant.jpg

A joint collaboration between the Winter Committee Meeting, Minor League Baseball, World League Baseball and their affiliated parties will gather at the 118th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings.

Coruscant_apartment_view.png

For six event-packed days, the host hotel will bring together front office personnel, trade show exhibitors and job seekers, all under one roof. Throughout the week, a number of notable events fill the agenda, including the Baseball Trade Show; the WBL Job Fair, presented by the ULG; the Banquet; the Bob Freitas Business Seminar & Workshop Series; the Awards Luncheon; and the Gala. This year, the Workshop Series will feature several interesting breakout sessions such as

This Draft Sucks, and other featured musings about the draft sucking Featuring the Riverboat Gambler

and

IOU Travis' Picks. How GM Doh waited until Mr. Manager had flossed and triple trolled him while he slept. Mr. Manager himself will be on the panel so that he can way in on how this event affected his life and moods.

Also featured will be a private showing of the brand new 30 for 30 feature film

ESPSim Presents 30 for 30: Savedog Millionaire
For years the all-time Saves leader has been barred from the Hall of GOATS. In this classic rags to riches story, we follow the story of Peder Nikklasson following his rejection by bickering manager-owners. Armed with a seemingly surefire GOAT resume, Peder sets down the path to vindication. Where does the path lead? Tune in to find out!

Kq0HEEY.jpg

Kq0HEEY.jpg

Kq0HEEY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Needs: C, 1B/LF, RP, solid SP

Has: Cap space, prospects, extra MIF players (Pauncefort, Holden, Gomez all tradeable)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll be debuting my own seminar this year: Zone Rating, who needs it? A study in preparing for an upcoming wave of poor fielding by implementing the worst outfield possible, with special guest speaker Wesley van Aaken

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I'll also be holding a session for all rebuilders titled: "How to fail your way forward without becoming the 2016 Minnesota Twins: a study in dumping HOAGs for 1-1 draft busts and other delights."

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Okay, the rules committee meeting about establishing rules for a 3-way tie has been canceled since there's a rule against making new rules. So you all can split that time slot.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Rule Change: Can we promote Turkey Mountain to the WBL in place of Lisbon, Berlin, Moscow, or Miami? The Squirrel Kings have gained some players via promotion/demotion and are set to field a WBL ready team this season. Hell, half the rigger's starting playoff roster will be on Turkey Mountain when the injured riggers return to duty.

osick87

Community Liaison
I may make Team needs videos again. Kind of feel like doing some more videos.

May start with who I think will get extended Arb or not and work off there.

Schauwn

Rule Change: Can we promote Turkey Mountain to the WBL in place of Lisbon, Berlin, Moscow, or Miami? The Squirrel Kings have gained some players via promotion/demotion and are set to field a WBL ready team this season. Hell, half the rigger's starting playoff roster will be on Turkey Mountain when the injured riggers return to duty.

What did I do?

Schauwn

why does @Karl Hungus think I did nothing?

FWIW, I dont think I had many other options, and if I'm going to miss the playoffs, I might as well get the 1-1 the next season.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Schauwn didn't even play players out of position, and the lack of @O response means you can tank as hard as you want anyway.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Can't remember the last time anyone has been punished for anything in this league, you have to pull a cornfed to do that

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
why does @Karl Hungus think I did nothing?

FWIW, I dont think I had many other options, and if I'm going to miss the playoffs, I might as well get the 1-1 the next season.

Tanking is fine, I guess, but how many times did you export during the season? Not dealing with injuries or roster issues isn't fair to everyone else. Look at @Bdub , his indifference kilt his damn owner.

Schauwn

Tanking is fine, I guess, but how many times did you export during the season? Not dealing with injuries or roster issues isn't fair to everyone else. Look at @Bdub , his indifference kilt his damn owner.

I exported quite a bit. I dont think I ever had any injuries that went un-dealt with. I know @osick87 brought it up last season, but I've been trying to be more considerate about his time.

I was making moves throughout the year too to get younger and be in a position where I dont have to tank more than 1 year.

Schauwn

Needs: Starting pitching
I can give up: Not much, I have some young MIF types, maybe a defensive CF.

Can move Rick Montgomery for the right deal, though I'm fine with keeping him at DH.

TonyGin&Juice

Was there anyone as active as me this season? If not for me BISH doesn't get moved and Schauwn doesn't move his guy to Tankee in the Nutball deal. I do think that teams leaving guys injured off the DL shouldn't be allowed, same for not exporting for an entire season.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Was there anyone as active as me this season? If not for me BISH doesn't get moved and Schauwn doesn't move his guy to Tankee in the Nutball deal. I do think that teams leaving guys injured off the DL shouldn't be allowed, same for not exporting for an entire season.
Lol wat.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I would like to file a formal grievance against Doh. @osick87 @OU11 and @Orlando.

He was in competition with at least 2 other teams for Cameron Corbishley and with the trade deadline being moved up he made an 11th hour deal including multiple assets that he did not own. To me, this deal should have been voided and the trade deadline would mean Bish stayed on Buffalo, but the discovery was made too late and we moved on from that. Doh benefited from one of the leagues best pitchers on his stretch run even though he did not make the playoffs. I do believe that the two other teams were not as good as they could have been with him on the roster, and given the fact that both of those teams had their seasons come down to 1 game either just missing the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs in a close series, I think there is a real argument that Doh obtained a competitive advantage through fraudulent means. That's over now and I only bring it up to set the stage for my real issue.

Moving on from that issue, Doh was then able to extend Corbishley, obtained by fraudulent trade activity, at a rate far lower than he would have paid in free agency (I would have bid at least 35M AAV with my plentiful cap space). To me, if he's allowed to keep Bish, he should at least be fined/penalized for the competitive advantage he has received through fraudulent dealings.

In summary, Fuck @doh.

TonyGin&Juice

Yeah, that Bish "extension" is down right Criminole. Isn't @doh the guy that started the whole "can't extend your pre-ARB guys" nonsense so that HAVES could get players the HAVE NOTS developed in FA while they still had "prime years" left? My ASD buddy TravSpie should at least have a shot at giving BISH one last ridiculous payday instead of this pittance he's getting from Dohlemite.

olB0hX5.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah so commissioners are here just to make sure the league runs on a basic level. Unless osick wants to get into this, you'll have to form a GM tribunal and get upset there. I'm definitely not doing anything about it.

He's a line stepper who steps habitually as we've covered. You either embrace him as a heel or you're going to have a bad time.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
It's nothing personal, but commishing is already annoying enough. I've tried to do the policing thing and all it does is add more frustration for them. League deals with these things as a whole, we aren't Goodells.

Maybe osick wants to, idk, i just know i wouldnt touch it even though doh is wrong and he knows it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I wasn't HMMMMMM'ng you, I was just HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMng the situation because @doh is perfectly confident he's completely in the right because he's an idiot... I think ur right in your stance to just let the league self police.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
So as far as I can tell, Doh did something shitty (using assets he didn't have?) to swing a trade and try to make the playoffs. Then he compounded that trade into a shitnado by signing Bish to an extension for way less than the market value would be. To me, if Doh is guilty, the obvious solution is voiding the extension (to me). Doh gets slapped on the wrist for being a line stepper by losing the assets he traded and under-market Bish, but he's free to try and sign him in the off-season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I vote we void Doh's contract and kill Bish,. Then make Lloyd and JD pay $50M to Bish's grave site in perpetuity. Then we fine Tony a 1st round draft pick since he is the ONLY REASON BISH WAS TRADED.

TonyGin&Juice

I vote we void Doh's contract and kill Bish,. Then make Lloyd and JD pay $50M to Bish's grave site in perpetuity. Then we fine Tony a 1st round draft pick since he is the ONLY REASON BISH WAS TRADED.

The first part of this is only fair since my PREFERRED TRADING PARTNER is the reason I can't Longoria every halfway decent prospect I manage to get. The second part is insane. The third part I'm not even going to try and ASPIE decipher.