• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Since CJ is dead, I'll start this.

Glad Bubba got his first win since the Masters. I was really half expecting him to lose on the 18th, but then of course he goes and birdies the hole :laughing: He's so much fun to watch play, so I hope he doesn't lose it again like he did after the Masters.

Other cool thing from the tournament was the Monday qualifier, Allred or whatever his name was, going top 5 and getting $400k for his finish. He doesn't even have enough status to play on next week's Web.com event. Though apparently his wife is due with their 3rd baby during the Honda Classic, which he qualified for. I don't get how that's even a conversation - you don't need to be there for your 3rd child. Especially considering you could be in line for another $400k instead of struggling like most non PGA tour golf pros.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I always like watching that Tournament. Alred needs to play the Honda. This isn't the Hunter Mahan situation from last year at all.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Agree 100%. If this were his first kid, I could see how it would be a hard decision. Third kid? Play the damn tournament.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Match play starts today. No Tigger or Fill. But we get Rory. I haven't really looked at the brackets at all until today. It's such a crapshoot because of how a bad hole only hurts you by 1. Final Four I think

Jason Day
Schwartzel
Spieth
Mahan

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
Dubuisson just won the final 2 holes to force a playoff. Brutal miss for Day at the 18th

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
Day's caddy is being a whiny fag. I feel like he's about to collapse. #TeamDoobiesSon

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Day has so much talent - I have no idea how that only his second win on the PGA Tour. He just kills the ball and putts really well. And I don't think it's something like Oosthuizen, who just cares about other things more than golf. It's strange.

Also, put Fowler on the Ryder Cup team. The people he beat this weekend - holy crap. Poulter, Walker, Sergio, Furyk, Els. Two of those players are American kryptonite and beating Furyk and Els is pretty damn impressive too.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I love Jason Day's game, but he needs to start winning more. Sometimes it just takes that one or two tournaments though to get you that confidence. He is only 26, sometimes it just takes time in golf.

I don't care for Fowler but have to agree with what @DeadMan said, assuming he doesn't tank the rest of the season, and respect for beating those guys this week. Except Furyk. I give him or anything related to him zero respect.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, it reminds me of his wins at Congressional and Kiawah. Just blowing away the field so far. 4 up after 2 days is impressive.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
They said it was his back.

Rory looks like he might be melting down. Just had 3 shots in a row from a bunker. That's something I would do :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This is terrible golf. Good lord. Just make some pars, people. At least it will be an exciting finish.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Holy fuck what a shot from Rory. Chance for an eagle to somehow win the tournament.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We had to switch to Oscar red carpet

<--bitch maid

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Eh I think you have to wait to see him play before you can definitely say that. If he's going to have chronic back problems from now on, then yeah, he's probably done. But this surgery might be the end of his back problems.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Or, he might be Fred Couples 2.0. Only 12 years 'til he's eligible for the Senior Tour. :thumbsup:

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
This might be my favorite week of the year. The Masters, the start of my golf leagues, and the end of Cleveland's shitty winter.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This might be my favorite week of the year. The Masters, the start of my golf leagues, and the end of Cleveland's shitty winter.

We're supposed to have 70s the rest of the week, and it's our first tournament of the year on Saturday, too. I have Friday off to practice, so I should be well prepared for it. Bart Scott.

Also, @whiteyc_77, you going to keep the same name from last year? :laughing:

goblue96

Still time to get into the Utopia Best Ball Majors pool on ESPN.

group name: Utopia Free
password: Philemoose

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Jack still has it

847778497.gif

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
It's been fun growing up watching Tiger, but it just seems like it wouldn't even compare to watching Jack and Arnie in their primes.

C3PO

Got the app downloaded and I'm ready to watch at school tomorrow. One teacher said he'd put it on the projector! I'd to see Adam Scott repeat but I think it will be a first time major winner

RIP CJ

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I love the amen corner feed on masters.com. Got it on in the background while I work. 13 is my favorite hole on the course. That second shot looks so ridiculously hard. Ball way above your feet into a green fronted by a creek? No thanks. I'll lay up instead.

goblue96

I love the amen corner feed on masters.com. Got it on in the background while I work. 13 is my favorite hole on the course. That second shot looks so ridiculously hard. Ball way above your feet into a green fronted by a creek? No thanks. I'll lay up instead.

I think they have caddies who could talk you into going for it AND give you the correct yardage. :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean, let's be honest, I would never be in a position to go for it 2. In all likelihood, I won't hit it far enough to get to where you'd have a clear shot to the green. And I know I would screw up the tee shot required to get in that position. I think I would either overcook the draw and end up in the creek on the left, or I would push it to where I'd have to pull of a Mickelson shot through the trees to get to the green in 2.

Chase

Luv that Freddy Couples always seems to be in the hunt and have a great first 54 holes only to sadly shoot a 78 on Sunday.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I love the Masters stream but seriously with a featured group of Trevor Immelman, DeLeat and Oliver Goss? Really? At least they have other streams to watch.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Yeah, I just like to see all the holes and get tired of seeing the same 3 shots plus putting that they show most of the time.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, I can see that. It's pretty amazing watching those holes. Everybody is aiming in the same place and trying to do the same thing. And most of them do it. I don't think you get a feel for that on the normal broadcast.