• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden 15 is the Best Game Ever Made

fanoftgame

@PSUEagle

How is user control? Coming from ncaa to madden 15 if felt really differen't. So much so that a lot of the time when I caught the ball I just let the cpu just take over.

Especially on defense it always felt to me that it was like computer assist was on and it felt like i had less control.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
When it comes to Madden I'm a major noob so take this for what it's worth (and I only played about 1 half). First of all it was very annoying waiting all day for the damn thing to download, and then I had to wait for 10 minutes to get through demo (which I couldn't back out of or fast forward).

Anyhoo I go to play now mode at the Pro level and note the following:

- Graphics are off the charts. The physics engine seemed legit - I ran a few dives with L Blount (NE) and he legitimately finished runs like a guy with his power can do. It didn't seem overpowered. Touch passes and zip passes were on point.
- Hated the playcall screen. Maybe unfair since I'm so used to NCAA, but I didn't like it.
- Biggest gripe is the field of vision. It's very narrow. I could only see from tackle to tackle and had no idea what my WRs were doing until I dropped back to pass. In NCAA I have my view on coordinator cam so I'm very used to that. I could not find in the Madden options where I could change the view. This is probably "fixable", but I couldn't find it anywhere.

The Infinity Engine was rough the first year, but I think Madden has finally gotten smart and let the Fifa guys code that part. I don't see any more crazy flips or unrealistic tackles like I saw in 15. I play on Wide view (sideline to sideline). You can set this by going to Settings > Visual > Camera Angle. The D Pad trick works to if you want to zoom in or out for specific plays (I sometimes zoom in for run plays).

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@PSUEagle

How is user control? Coming from ncaa to madden 15 if felt really differen't. So much so that a lot of the time when I caught the ball I just let the cpu just take over.

Especially on defense it always felt to me that it was like computer assist was on and it felt like i had less control.

The new receiver and DB mechanics require twitch-like reflexes to get it down consistently. I let the CPU catch often as well.

Players definitely feel like they have a lot more weight now. Guys like Percy Harvin can turn on a dime. Bigger guys bulldoze but can't make quick cuts. They've done an excellent job with that portion of the game compared to NCAA 14 where Tim Tebow-sized QB's could whip and nae nae people out of their cleats.

fanoftgame

Has any tried a ranked match? You can't see who ur opponent picks. First game ever I chose my teams jaguars. It finds a player and says loading and next thing I know im in seattle vs seahawks smh. I'm like wtf.

Luckily Julius Thomas and them Jags gave Seattle that work 16-0 :cool:

But that not the point. Please tell me I'm missing something. I hope ea didnt intinally kill rank so we all spend our money on mut.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Has any tried a ranked match? You can't see who ur opponent picks. First game ever I chose my teams jaguars. It finds a player and says loading and next thing I know im in seattle vs seahawks smh. I'm like wtf.

Luckily Julius Thomas and them Jags gave Seattle that work 16-0 :cool:

But that not the point. Please tell me I'm missing something. I hope ea didnt intinally kill rank so we all spend our money on mut.

They did it because everyone played as the same teams and would leave the lobby before the game started if their team wasn't better. It made finding a game next to impossible that didn't involve the Seahawks, Packers, Patriots, or Panthers.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Fifa doesn't have this problem obv

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They did it because everyone played as the same teams and would leave the lobby before the game started if their team wasn't better. It made finding a game next to impossible that didn't involve the Seahawks, Packers, Patriots, or Panthers.

That doesn't really seem like it would fix the problem, though. Now everyone will just pick those teams thinking that everyone else is picking those teams and they want to be in the same tier.

fanoftgame

That doesn't really seem like it would fix the problem, though. Now everyone will just pick those teams thinking that everyone else is picking those teams and they want to be in the same tier.

Exactly Bruin. Its way worse now

Jsu I dont understand. As it stands now if you play a ranked game u pretty much will only see seahawks as ur opponent. If u try to play a lobby game it doesn't even record ur win or loss.

Even the people who would regularly not picked High ranked teams, now have to pick someone who can match with the hawks because u have to assume the worst which is what u will most likely see.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The fifa matching model just matches you with a team of relatively similar quality, but with only 30 teams and so much parity I don't think it would work as well for Madden

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm getting this in the mail this week and my cousin has tasked me with learning trollish ways so that I can teach them to him on his next week off. BART SCOTT.

Whatever the Madden equivalent of COD's rocket launcher down the hallway trick, I'm going to find it.

PSUEagle

I'm getting this in the mail this week and my cousin has tasked me with learning trollish ways so that I can teach them to him on his next week off. BART SCOTT.

Whatever the Madden equivalent of COD's rocket launcher down the hallway trick, I'm going to find it.

I'll save you a 1/2 hour: it's the rocket, errrr, I mean "aggressive" catch downfield to some tall receiver.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?

Two words: Marcus Mariota

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll save you a 1/2 hour: it's the rocket, errrr, I mean "aggressive" catch downfield to some tall receiver.

Oh that's just my game. Gonna sub in Terell Pryor or some shit and trog down the field.

Actually I'm going to use Tebow while he's in the game at least.

PSUEagle

Oh that's just my game. Gonna sub in Terell Pryor or some shit and trog down the field.

Actually I'm going to use Tebow while he's in the game at least.

Since Matt Barkley unsurprisingly has sucked a big fat one this preseason, Tebow might actually make the team for real:laughing:

Kelly even had him do the Meyer thing and line up in Empty at the goalline for a couple 2 PT attempts a few days ago. Went 0-2, doe...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Since Matt Barkley unsurprisingly has sucked a big fat one this preseason, Tebow might actually make the team for real:laughing:

Kelly even had him do the Meyer thing and line up in Empty at the goalline for a couple 2 PT attempts a few days ago. Went 0-2, doe...

If the PAT rules didn't change, I imagined him making Tebow the PAT holder and line up in swinging gate every PAT like he did at Oregon and then reverting to PAT formation if the defense lined up right. For a 3rd string QB you'd be at least making the other team spend 10 minutes of practice time that week on something stupid. With the new PAT rules, I think having to switch ball spots would be such a pain for that trick.

Still, I think you're right about him making the team. With Bradford's injury history Chip gonna have to carry 3 QBs, so the 3rd might as well be someone who adds value in another way.

PSUEagle

If the PAT rules didn't change, I imagined him making Tebow the PAT holder and line up in swinging gate every PAT like he did at Oregon and then reverting to PAT formation if the defense lined up right. For a 3rd string QB you'd be at least making the other team spend 10 minutes of practice time that week on something stupid. With the new PAT rules, I think having to switch ball spots would be such a pain for that trick.

Still, I think you're right about him making the team. With Bradford's injury history Chip gonna have to carry 3 QBs, so the 3rd might as well be someone who adds value in another way.

Kelly actually did that his first few games with the Eagles. Once the Chiefs stuffed it in Week 3 of 2013, though, he's pretty much mothballed it permanently.

If Tebow makes the team, I'd love to find a way to get him on the active roster: maybe have him play special teams like the Jets did? Just for short yardage/goalline situations alone: line him up in that stupid heavy set Urbz used to do and let him fall forward for a yard.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Kelly actually did that his first few games with the Eagles. Once the Chiefs stuffed it in Week 3 of 2013, though, he's pretty much mothballed it permanently.

If Tebow makes the team, I'd love to find a way to get him on the active roster: maybe have him play special teams like the Jets did? Just for short yardage/goalline situations alone: line him up in that stupid heavy set Urbz used to do and let him fall forward for a yard.

Jax State still uses a single-wing like set similar to what Tebow had at Florida. Put a bunch of fat guys on the line of scrimmage and PUSH.

PSUEagle

Getting back on topic (kinda), I just remember that formation being really popular with the ranked crowd back in the day.

@JSU Zack: I give up at trying to make a custom playbook. It's too bad I can't find a single book I really like. Maybe Miami or Minnesota (quasi run first spread), but holy hell none of them are really set up to do what I want.

fanoftgame

Does anyone have any strategies on defending aggressive catch(waits for sarcastic reply) ?

I'm trying to figure out what ratings a cb should have to better defend it. Also any user tips?. Id someone wants to practice let me know.

PSUEagle

I've found over the years that 88 MCV is the threshold for DB's being able to hold up in man to man/in general. Anything lower than that and they'll typically get beaten far more frequently.

jdlikewhoa

Where the hell is the patch?
It's like 10-14 days just to get approved through Sony/Microsoft and they haven't submitted the patch to them yet, so it'll probably be a couple more weeks.

I was waiting til the patch to cop this but by then FIFA will be out.

fanoftgame

I've found over the years that 88 MCV is the threshold for DB's being able to hold up in man to man/in general. Anything lower than that and they'll typically get beaten far more frequently.

I wish ea would put out like a madden logic book so we know what ratings matters each scenerio. So on an aggressive catch if my corner is in a 1/4 zone what ratings matter on the jump ball: zone cvr, jmp, man cvr, awr, all of the above?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah that's quite an assumption, lol

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I tried to play this game and it took 45 minutes of trying to skip cut scenes of some hypothetical "Super Bowl 50" before it would let me practice. Ben Rapelisberger kept trying to inspire me to just beat the man across from me because nothing feels better than victory (other than rape)! Then every time you load the game anew it takes 35 minutes to load and the loading screens during that 45 minutes are composed entirely of Odell Beckham Jr acting like a whore. Madden 16: Lets stare at gyrating crotches for all our loading screens. Then I tried to quick play online and it gave me an "estimated connection" time of 15 seconds. It took 4 minutes. I won the game because I kicked field goals instead of going for it on 4th and 10 like my opponent. In the end, I had the ball last with 30 seconds left. I threw it up for DT and used that new MAGIC LEAP CATCH to catch the ball one handed over his hapless CB in the end zone with the Odell Beckham Jr fingertip catch animation. I'm sure that animation won't get old... It has happened once in the history of the NFL but will happen 8 times per madden game! Then I tried to play MUT and the game crashed and froze my Xbox.

My review of Madden 16:
Waiting
Inspiring words from a rapist
More Waiting
More Waiting
Why won't it skip this fucking cut scene?
More Waiting
Odell Beckham Jr Dancing
More Waiting
Odell Beckham Jr's crotch leaping for my face
More waiting
Online kids going for it on every 4th and 10
AGGRESSIVE CATCH!
Victory
More waiting
More waiting
Freeze

I honestly tried to play the game for a solid 3 hours and during that time I was able to make it through the ham-fist cut scenes, play 1 game, and then observe my first system locking game crash. I'm going to play my cousin on his next days off and then I'm done with this.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The one positive thing I liked was the skills trainers for running and passing concepts. It breaks down what you are supposed to be looking for. This is useful to bring the overall football knowledge level of the community up and hopefully make the gameplay more realistic in that regard. Instead of relying on glitch plays, new players can actually learn how to use these concepts. Now online all that shit goes out the window when your opponent manually re positions his entire defense, but in theory it is nice.

Madden has actually started to take cues from their other successful franchises and I think that's a good thing. Now they just need a complete overhaul of how the game engine actually works, and they'll be on to something.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
3 and 0 online. The first guy gave me a challenge because I was still rusty and threw a pick 6. The last two I made quit... mongs are so bad at this game.

Still, I hate this game. Why am I better at Madden than I am at FIFA? I'm happy to have like a 50% win rate in Fifa and I probably win 80-90% in Madden/NCAA through the series.

Herrb

I don't have it but my brother does. It feels a lot better than Madden 25 or whatever I last had for 360.

But the one handed catches almost break the game holy shit. If they tone that shit down I might enter the beast again.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Don't get it twisted, you can win a lot of online fifa games doing the same thing, it's just the randomness of soccer sometimes renders that offense totally impotent

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Megatron. But he's highly rated. I dunno what the best 80 rated wr is in Madden. Doumbia plays like Ronaldo if you play some clueless central American puber

Iron

Jw0XwfS.png