• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
dickrod destroyed the roster so much that hoke won a sugar bowl with his his leftovers the next year, and hoke's teams have gotten worse each year, culminating with now when he has a full roster of his own "better" players?

this is why i don't follow recruiting.

Jesus christ, are you purposely that dense? Or are you legitimately that dumb? There were literally no bodies that Hoke had to work with. Screw recruiting rankings for a second, here are the amount of scholarship seniors that Hoke has had:

2011 - 16
2012 - 14
2013 - 13
2014 - 9

And I can tell you that players transfering under Hoke has been minimal. There literally weren't bodies they could throw out there. We should have 16 scholarship seniors next year, and then have 27 juniors and 30 sophomores. There is talent on this roster - these players are much more highly touted than any class DickRod ever had. And yes, recruiting rankings do matter. What's more important is developing those players. Hoke has sucked ass at developing players beyond the DL.

My point is that, assuming there isn't massive player transfers after Hoke gets fired, there is enough to where the next coach should have a better chance than either DickRod or Hoke did. You don't have to completely rebuild the roster like DickRod and Hoke both had to do.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I guess I don't care about what RR did. IMO we are seeing the same thing with Hoke and his players, the only difference is the good recruits who aren't panning out are still on the roster. Some players are TBD of course. So in my mind either they are good and Hoke and co suck at developing them and suck at putting them in position to win. Or their talent review sucks and they overrate players.

I fall in the camp of the prior, I think Hoke lost this team, it think after his Sugar Bowl run he has regressed tremendously. the O Line is still a joke. Gardner has regressed or stayed stagnant. Morris looks to have improved minimally. RBs seem to not get better. We routinely fail to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses. This is either pure ignorance or stubbornness on the coaching staffs part.

I think if another coach came in it would be like Hoke's first year where they have a lot of success. But the key would be continuing that success. At some point the count of seniors stops being an excuse.

And honestly the whole Shane Morris situation blows my mind. How the HC does not know the status of his starting quarterback goes beyond my comprehension level.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't get how Hoke has a job still. Absolute abdication of leadership by everybody above Hoke, and including him. Even if Hoke was legitimately clueless about what was going on, he has to go now.

We're supposed to be a program that does things the right way. This is Michigan. Well, guess what, we're not doing it the right way now. The hard part of all of this is winning football games. The easy part is things like taking a concussed player out of the game. If you can't get the easy parts right, then get the fuck out. DickRod, for all his faults, got this shit right. Hoke is criminally inept at it.

This is corny as fuck, but for the first time I can ever remember, I am ashamed to wear Michigan gear. Now I'm representing a university that outwardly appears to care more about winning football games than the health of its players. Football isn't war; you don't send people onto the field to die. Get the fuck out Hoke, and anybody who has enabled this fucking embarassing response.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I stopped caring about Brandon when this happened. Yes, I want him fired, but this is beyond just that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
There is a report out there that Michigan has reached out to the ADs for UConn and BC. I'm trying not to get too excited right now, but at least things finally seem to be moving in the proper direction.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
There is a report out there that Michigan has reached out to the ADs for UConn and BC. I'm trying not to get too excited right now, but at least things finally seem to be moving in the proper direction.

Both the BC and UConn ADs have ties to Michigan and played under Bo. At this point, I want a clean break and moving in a completely different direction. No more "Michigan Man" concept.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Both the BC and UConn ADs have ties to Michigan and played under Bo. At this point, I want a clean break and moving in a completely different direction. No more "Michigan Man" concept.

I don't give two shits where the AD or new coach comes from, personally. I just want someone who will see what Brandon did wrong and fix it. I don't care if that person is Don Canham reincarnated or Bill Gates.

Some people on mgoblog have suggested that a Michigan Man might fully appreciate why everybody hates Brandon and be able to connect to the fanbase better. I can see that. Personally, I don't see someone who was given the Bo stamp of approval (apparently he said Bates would be Michigan's AD one day in his last book) as being a negative.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I don't give two shits where the AD or new coach comes from, personally. I just want someone who will see what Brandon did wrong and fix it. I don't care if that person is Don Canham reincarnated or Bill Gates.

Some people on mgoblog have suggested that a Michigan Man might fully appreciate why everybody hates Brandon and be able to connect to the fanbase better. I can see that. Personally, I don't see someone who was given the Bo stamp of approval (apparently he said Bates would be Michigan's AD one day in his last book) as being a negative.

Bobby Petrino is always looking for a lucrative exit strategy...

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I'm sort of torn on the "Do it for Dear Old Alma Mater" hires where schools with struggling programs seek a guy who was there during the glory days of the program. On the one hand, their being an alum, and presumably also emotionally invested in the fortunes of the program means they will indeed do their all to make the program what they remembered it like when it was on top. On the other hand, they may simply not be competent enough for the job, and an outsider, not steeped in the tradition of that school and program, might have a fresh and modern approach into how to best improve the program looking forward, not backward.

goblue96

While it's not a negative, at some point, the Michigan athletic department needs to move out of Bo's shadow. His shadow, at times, holds back the athletic department.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Just tell me if the fucker is hurt or not please god one time before you are fired you concussion endorsing slob

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon beat reporters just watch the kids as they go in and out of the practice facilities. You can see who dressed, who's in a boot, if they're using crutches, etc.

pestering the coach is just lazy IMO.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I'm pretty sure most practices are shut off to the media so they can't tell. If I were the media at this point I would ask every time. It's not like he answers any questions. They are all bs answers.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I don't find it annoying at all. They are asking about the status of a player which is a fine and legitimate question. If Hoke is going to get all pissy about it then why have the press conference at all. He doesn't answer anything with a legitimate response, so I guess I don't get the point of going in front of the media.

goblue96

I don't find it annoying at all. They are asking about the status of a player which is a fine and legitimate question. If Hoke is going to get all pissy about it then why have the press conference at all. He doesn't answer anything with a legitimate response, so I guess I don't get the point of going in front of the media.

Obligation to hold a weekly press conference. It's one of those things that make media relations people feel important.

Wooly

Obligation to hold a weekly press conference. It's one of those things that make media relations people feel important.

What he should do is bring his lunch and just eat it and don't talk. Pretty soon the press will stop coming, and even if they don't he frees up more time for doing something productive, like recruiting, coaching, reading about concussions, etc.

goblue96

What he should do is bring his lunch and just eat it and don't talk. Pretty soon the press will stop coming, and even if they don't he frees up more time for doing something productive, like recruiting, coaching, reading about concussions, etc.

You know how much damage Hoke could do to a press conference catering spread if the press don't show up. :laughing:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I thought penn st was supposed to be pretty good?? Franklin must have channeled some Vandy up there.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Well, I'd be fine with just firing all the coaches.

4 wins is going to be the max we're going to get. Someone we'll end up with a better record than in 2008, but I had more fun in 2008. The only thing we have going for us is that our roster is young. There's gotta be some talent there for the next coach.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I agree we win 4, 5 if they get lucky. I just think that player development and coaching is so lacking that we really have no clue how good the players are or can be. It will be interesting to see what a new staff can do. There are lots of highly rated guys, so maybe they can do something with them.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Press conference at 1:30 today. Chatter is that Brandon is gone.

EDIT: Detroit News and ESPN reporting that he resigned. PANTS OFF.

goblue96

Press conference at 1:30 today. Chatter is that Brandon is gone.

EDIT: Detroit News and ESPN reporting that he resigned. PANTS OFF.

tumblr_mfyr3swKPg1qf5do9o1_400.gif

1340824893-jonah-hill-moneyball.jpg

nets-fan.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The rumor is also that (Jim) Harbaugh was never going to come to Michigan with Brandon as the AD.